Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern trains - Useless

Comments

• Options
    Line problem: between London Charing Cross and London Bridge.

Owing to earlier signalling problems between London Charing Cross and London Bridge some lines are affected.

Impact:
    Train services running to and from these stations may be cancelled, delayed by up to 25 mins or revised at short notice. An estimate for the resumption of normal services will be provided as soon as the problem has been fully assessed.

And mine was 25 minutes late in to CX, at least they are good at predicting delays, then again they have had a lot of practice.
  • Options
    I haven't read any of this ..but I am totally unsympathetic to any of the excuses the rail networks in our area rolled out ...basically the winds had died down from 8.00am yesterday morning ...yes trees came down and there was damage BUT forecasts are so accurate these days that I really cant understand why we couldn't get a decent service up and running by 9 and a back to normal service on the way home ...
  • Options
    Sat at platform 5 London Bridge on the 7.54 from New Eltham for 15 minutes, while several trains flew through platform 6. Eventually the masses decided to jump train onto the next one through platform 6.... and ..... you've guessed it.

All good fun, can't wait until they fly through London Bridge next year.
  • Options
    Ok this morning no issues
    Maybe the cofussion later was caused by trains being on the line?
  • Options
    The unreasonable demands of those pesky passengers ruin the operation of a perfectly good rail system.

Why can't they just pay up and shut up?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

The unreasonable demands of those pesky passengers ruin the operation of a perfectly good rail system.

Spot on Len! Even had some ars**oles complaining that my bike was in the way this morning. Tsk!
  • Options

LenGlover said:

Spot on Len! Even had some ars**oles complaining that my bike was in the way this morning. Tsk!
    If you take a bike on a train during rush hour then you deserve to be hung, drawn and quartered.
  • Options
    Nathan, you're far too soft. That's what they get for jumping a red light.
  • Options

Nathan, you're far too soft. That's what they get for jumping a red light.

But I thought traffic lights were always green in the eyes of a cyclist :-0
  • Options
    Had great fun this morning trying to catch the 7.59 from Welling to Cannon St. Got to the station to see it was running 5 minutes late. No biggie. 10 minutes later it was running 15 minutes late. Then 19 minutes late. Literally seconds after the announcement that it was 19 mins late they then tell us it's cancelled. Few minutes after that, a half empty Cannon St train goes through Welling without stopping. The fuckers have decided that if they just cut out a few of the stops en route they can still get it to Cannon St within 30 minutes of its advertised time and not have to pay any compensation!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rizzo said:

Had great fun this morning trying to catch the 7.59 from Welling to Cannon St. Got to the station to see it was running 5 minutes late. No biggie. 10 minutes later it was running 15 minutes late. Then 19 minutes late. Literally seconds after the announcement that it was 19 mins late they then tell us it's cancelled. Few minutes after that, a half empty Cannon St train goes through Welling without stopping. The fuckers have decided that if they just cut out a few of the stops en route they can still get it to Cannon St within 30 minutes of its advertised time and not have to pay any compensation!!

It still would have been late as i was on the 7:58 from Barnehurst to Charing X, and due to over crowding a woman took ill at Blackheath and we sat there for 25 minutes.

The whole outfit is a joke.
  • Options
    Sidcup to Cannon St (11 miles) has so far taken this week:

Mon - n/a
    Tue - 57 mins
    Wed - 55 mins

This is before the weather properly kicks in !
  • Options
    The thing that took the piss is the driver comes over the tannoy...''Could the woman that has collapsed please make herself known to the driver''
  • Options

Rizzo said:

It still would have been late as i was on the 7:58 from Barnehurst to Charing X, and due to over crowding a woman took ill at Blackheath
    Let me guess. Overcrowded train, woman in winter coat, scarf, gloves, hat and thermal underwear collapses?

• Options
    They are getting their excuses in. I heard one Southeastern bloke tell a woman who was moaning about how yesterdays Charing X train disappeared off the screen - he told her it was due to a dog on the track.

I sat at Woolwich for a half an hour waiting for a train to watch an empty train goes past. So thats why Rizzo? So they reach their target?
  • Options

The thing that took the piss is the driver comes over the tannoy...''Could the woman that has collapsed please make herself known to the driver''

Ha ha seriously? Could the semi conscious woman lying on the floor please pick herself up and speak to me through the intercom!
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Rizzo said:

It still would have been late as i was on the 7:58 from Barnehurst to Charing X, and due to over crowding a woman took ill at Blackheath
    Let me guess. Overcrowded train, woman in winter coat, scarf, gloves, hat and thermal underwear collapses?

whilst i don't know ValleyGary personally, i don't think that when he sees a woman collapse he rushes over to check her underwear. BIG_ROB on the other hand........
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Curb_It said:

They are getting their excuses in. I heard one Southeastern bloke tell a woman who was moaning about how yesterdays Charing X train disappeared off the screen - he told her it was due to a dog on the track.

I sat at Woolwich for a half an hour waiting for a train to watch an empty train goes past. So thats why Rizzo? So they reach their target?

Yep, and they quite often run the Kent trains fast from Dartford to London if they're late enough, cancelling the train on the intermediate stations, and therefore keeping them on time.
    But, only dedicated train spotters would know this :-)

• Options
    got to Battle this morning to find no trains. broken down train at station before. they sent a loco to 'tow' it away. that loco broke down. had to drive to tonbridge and pick up a train there. six delay repay claims in the last week. they really don't know what they are doing. and there have the cheek to put fares up year after year.
  • Options
    http://www.bringbackbritishrail.org/

Might be the only way to get rid of the chuffing southeastern lot
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Mon - n/a
    Tue - 57 mins
    Wed - 55 mins

it's probably quicker if you take the train mate ... walking it just isn't proving successful for you is it

just saying ....
  • Options

Mon - n/a
    Tue - 57 mins
    Wed - 55 mins

it's probably quicker if you take the train mate ... walking it just isn't proving successful for you is it

just saying ....
    Depends how long your legs are :-)
  • Options
    fair point .... either that or he's simply getting the train in the wrong direction
  • Options
    I walked to work last week from Plumstead, took 2 hours 40. I regretted blabbing that round the office come Monday morning when i was having a lie in.
  • Options
    Can cycle Welling to Mile End via Tower Bridge in 44 mins. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/210365340
    By South Eastern, London Overground, Tube and a 5 min walk, its 1hr 10mins

• Options
    If a person is taken ill, why not just get them off the train and carry on - let the station staff deal with it and let everyone else carry on their journey.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

If a person is taken ill, why not just get them off the train and carry on - let the station staff deal with it and let everyone else carry on their journey.

Because that would be far too easy and straight forward! Any excuse for Southeastern to cancel the train and put the rest of the line into meltdown!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

From what i could gather the train driver was calling for station staff and an ambulance, but couldnt drive off until they arrived.

20 minutes later and about 30 seconds before the medical staff arrived, down walks the Southeastern platform worker. He looked like he just woke up. All their staff are as much use as a man's tit.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

This is common practice with Metrobus, if the traffic is bad and the bus is running late, everyone is turfed off so the bus can be turned around.
  • Options
    Another classic from the driver of my Southeastern train this morning that rolled in 10 mins late yet again....."Apologies for the late running to this service. This was due to the train being late in from London along the Sidcup line where conditions were treacherous!" WTF!!! I take it the wrong type of rain and those horrible wet leaves on the track define the meaning of treacherous conditions!

W*nkers!!!