Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Upcoming away game sales

Comments

• Options
    Fuck sake, Our last few away games are all up north,alot more appealing than Scunthorpe and could have alot more riding on them.

Most people have to pick and choose their games these days and it seems not most would rather miss out on Scunthorpe than the others. We won't take less than 1k anywhere this season after the Scunthorpe game.
  • Options
    The fact is a lot of people will be picking the away games they go to and Scunthorpe isn't gonna be top of your list.
  • Options
    I'd just like to state that I'm on a stag do next weekend. This is my excuse, so I'm disgusted in the rest of you.
  • Options
    Getting my ticket this week for Scunny
  • Options
    Plaaaayer, why not have the stag do in Scunny?
  • Options
    It can become a self prophecy though. If you are thinking of going to a game you will avoid one that, it would seem, will be less well supported.

I also think that it's difficult to judge when many people are suffering financial constraints. Home games are not always hit by this as it is clearly much cheaper in terms of travelling so if the choice is three home games or two away it's something of a no brainer.
  • Options
    pitiful numbers
    are you going?
    Yes I am, on the 9.03 out of KX
  • Options
    i've beent to 4 away games this season not great but a lot better than average

if everyone of the 14k we get at home games went to 4 a season we'd be taking an average of over 2400 everywhere using PBS theorem
    I work on percentages rather than numbers, example yesterday, County brought about 10% of their home gate. We took 800 up there, for us 10% would be 1500ish. I am on the side, as has been said on previous posts, that our away following is a bit dodgy but this year I think our support has been generally speaking very good
  • Options
    but i go when i can , i rudely went to chesterfield leaving my wife with a two week old baby and the 3 other kids 6 and under and in the past i went to all the games before i had family committments
    but whether i'm there or not the numbers are pony for a club in our situation
    Objectively true, but the issue isn't whether they are pony or not, but criticising other people for not going when you don't/can't go yourself. If you're not trying to influence behaviour, it's difficult to see the point of restating the same point over and again.
    Is there anything the club can do, if they have not tried already that is, to offer cheap train travel. Syd Cheesewright no doubt does a lot of work organising tickets, but from my own experiences as I travel only by train, the fares he charges are usually a lot more than what I can pay(I realise it is non profit making for him), cheaper tickets may encourage more to go.
  • Options
    totally agree woody but how can sheff utd fans afford it nearly 1800 at brentford yesterday .........
    Precisely, circumstances are the same for all of us
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unfortunately I can't guarantee 20 degrees plus in Scunny!
  • Options
    Unfortunately I can't guarantee 20 degrees plus in Scunny!
    Should never take a holiday during footie season mate, schoolboy error

• Options
    One word PRIORITIES!
  • Options
    Not much choice if it's not my stag.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    If he's a close mate Plaaayer you should have been in his ear early doors! Anyway don't worry about us and if we win you might want to stay away until we get promoted.................only joking enjoy the stag.
  • Options
    After 15 aways already I think I'm allowed a weekend off, the players got one this weekend didn't they :-)
  • Options
    After 15 aways already I think I'm allowed a weekend off, the players got one this weekend didn't they :-)
    hahahahahahaha
  • Options
    Sack the stag do off mate, come up to scunny with the rest of us
  • Options
    QPR, Millwall and definitely Palace would take more than 500 to Scunthorpe in our position

Huddersfield should be selling out by now, massive game

Fans as well as players taking their foot of the gas
    Why do you rate Huddersfield away as a "massive game"?, at the moment we are 14 points ahead of them, hardly a 6 pointer is it?
  • Options
    QPR, Millwall and definitely Palace would take more than 500 to Scunthorpe in our position

Huddersfield should be selling out by now, massive game

Fans as well as players taking their foot of the gas
    Why do you rate Huddersfield away as a "massive game"?, at the moment we are 14 points ahead of them, hardly a 6 pointer is it?
    Wonder if we will stop Rhodes from scoring?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Again?
  • Options
    Tell your mate to cancel his wedding @Plaaayer
  • Options
    Think our away support has taken a bit too much stick, we sold out Bournemouth very quickly! We have so many unattractive Northern games with high travel costs in quick succession which is maybe why the Scunthorpe numbers are so bad.
  • Options
    Think our away support has taken a bit too much stick, we sold out Bournemouth very quickly! We have so many unattractive Northern games with high travel costs in quick succession which is maybe why the Scunthorpe numbers are so bad.
    With us being top of the table, nothing is unattractive, although I know what you are saying BR7. But the circumstances for all the clubs is the same whatever way you look at it.
  • Options
    I'd just like to state that I'm on a stag do next weekend. This is my excuse, so I'm disgusted in the rest of you.
    Thought for a moment that we might be going on the say Stag do. No sun tan where I am going though:-(

My mate deliberately picked an away match so that he could support the team at The Valley on another weekend. Oh, and the wedding is the weekend of the Huddersfield match.
  • Options
    Just bought Scunthorpe match and coach tickets online as Plaaayer's substitute (wonder if he will reimburse me?). Might not have youth on my side but still have the patter!
  • Options
    Is the club bothered by our poor away support numbers?
    There isn't really a "club" view. It would be great to sell out every away game, but as it doesn't impact on the club's financial position it wouldn't be a sensible thing to put resources into addressing, unless a robust case could be made that a) you could change the numbers and b) that it affects results.

My own view is that if you doubled our away support it would make no difference to results - and in fact you can't do it anyway. Therefore it would be a daft thing to try to do, except perhaps in one-off circumstances. Indeed, if away support is a function of home support then presumably you improve away support by improving home support even further. Subsidising away train travel to give other clubs extra ticket revenue would be lunacy.

Getting back to Fulham, Palace, Millwall, Watford and QPR, the point is that none of them would be taking 1,200 to Scunthorpe for a third division match, so I don't see why people should be surprised that we won't either.
  • Options
    Groundhog Day - #432.

The next one is when oohhahh learns how to do ice sculptures. Should be a good one. Stay tuned.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    We have so many unattractive Northern games with high travel costs in quick succession which is maybe why the Scunthorpe numbers are so bad.
    so how come we only managed 400 at tranmere last month when the circumstances were so different?

still, 7000 went to fulham for a thoroughly meaningless fixture, so everythings ok
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    It's been made abundantly clear on this forum many times that fans like me, who sit and watch the match they have paid for, are not welcome to attend away games.

I am something of a social retard according to my daughters but even so, if I was a gambling man, I'd put up a tenner that there are a lot of Charlton fans similar to me.