Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Upcoming away game sales

Comments

• Options
    I think Scunthorpe is now a very big game - the more support the better!
  • Options
    Not bought for next week yet but will be going. Might reach 400 i reckon!
  • Options
    I think Scunthorpe is now a very big game - the more support the better!
    Would like to go but it's mothering Sunday weekend , can see a big win here ( not that I'm going to see it ).

• Options
    pitiful numbers
  • Options
    pitiful numbers
    are you going?
  • Options
    Would love to go to all of the remaining games, especially Hudds, but trains from Bournemouth to up north are just ridiculously expensive. Going all that way alone, as I have no Charlton mates, is pretty depressing as well.

Sympathy please friends
  • Options
    pitiful numbers
    are you going?
    maybe , if i can get some help to look after the kids

if i go does the following then become good or pitiful ......... exactly

• Options
    just seems a bit ironic how you criticise the away support yet you dont go maybe if people like you started going then we'd have better numbers
  • Options
    but i go when i can , i rudely went to chesterfield leaving my wife with a two week old baby and the 3 other kids 6 and under and in the past i went to all the games before i had family committments
    but whether i'm there or not the numbers are pony for a club in our situation
  • Options
    Our hordes will spur them on sat ooahh
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    but i go when i can , i rudely went to chesterfield leaving my wife with a two week old baby and the 3 other kids 6 and under and in the past i went to all the games before i had family committments
    but whether i'm there or not the numbers are pony for a club in our situation
    Objectively true, but the issue isn't whether they are pony or not, but criticising other people for not going when you don't/can't go yourself. If you're not trying to influence behaviour, it's difficult to see the point of restating the same point over and again.
  • Options
    just seems a bit ironic how you criticise the away support yet you dont go maybe if people like you started going then we'd have better numbers
    This
  • Options
    i just can't get my head around why we have poor numbers compared to similar sized clubs in similar positions
  • Options
    i've beent to 4 away games this season not great but a lot better than average

if everyone of the 14k we get at home games went to 4 a season we'd be taking an average of over 2400 everywhere using PBS theorem
  • Options
    i've beent to 4 away games this season not great but a lot better than average

if everyone of the 14k we get at home games went to 4 a season we'd be taking an average of over 2400 everywhere using PBS theorem
    I guess some people don't have the time/money to go to away games. To be honest I would prefer the better home support that we get instead of some of the piss poor attendances you get in this league

• Options
    totally agree woody but how can sheff utd fans afford it nearly 1800 at brentford yesterday .........
  • Options
    Fair comment mate, they bought 2,694 down to us and we only took 1,176 up to them! I cant understand that seeing as it was only a 5 min walk from the station and direct trains to sheffield. as we go up the leagues no doubt games will sell out
  • Options
    Perhaps its because South London is wonderful, and going anywhere else just wouldn't be as wonderful!
  • Options
    would be a disaster if we all chose the same 4 games to go too.
  • Options
    i just can't get my head around why we have poor numbers compared to similar sized clubs in similar positions
    Be interesting to see numbers for Fulham, Palace, Millwall, Watford or QPR in our situation. I think that would give you part of the answer. The rest is that we are very good at maximising our home support whereas they aren't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scunthorpe have confirmed that they will sell places on the day at the same prices.
  • Options
    QPR, Millwall and definitely Palace would take more than 500 to Scunthorpe in our position

Huddersfield should be selling out by now, massive game

Fans as well as players taking their foot of the gas
  • Options
    Milwall were in are situation last season
  • Options
    Is the club bothered by our poor away support numbers?
  • Options
    Just looked milwall only took 397 fans when they were 4th in the league!
  • Options
    Milwall were in are situation last season
    i don't think at any stage millwall were ever top of the league and walking it that was norwich or leeds

• Options
    Norwich took 2929 to Huddersfield
  • Options
    Didnt palace take something like 79 to barnsley this season no way would they be taking more than us
  • Options
    Hate to say it bar the millwall flu palace have far better away support I think even fulham and barnet surpass us
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    There's so many variables to think about though, because in reality, a charlton fan and a palace fan, or leeds, or newcastle or fulham, we are all the same really, football fans, who follow different clubs, some are loud and want a fight all the time and some bring flasks and wear the kit or whatever and so away numbers could be down to so many things that sometimes we wouldn't even consider. Our bad away to home support ratio might not actually show poor away support...just good home support. For example, west ham don't have better away followings than we do, i.e quality of fan, they just have more fans than us, and at times palace have better numbers than us, they took 3000 to southampton on boxing day for instance, but they only just manged to sell millwalls top tier, two seasons in a row, and took under a 100 up north for a cup game a few years back, whereas we wouldn't do that, and we sold both millwall tiers well in advance.