Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Upcoming away game sales

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Trains to Scunny, Hudds and Oldham are ridiculously expensive! any cheap routes on the train?
    When I was looking last week it was cheaper to split the journey up. For Huddersfield buy a return to Leeds and then a Leeds to Huddersfield return.

For Scunthorpe I think it was return to Doncaster. Then Doncaster to Scunthorpe return. Got Huddersfield down to 45.00 and Scunthorpe to 48.00.

Didnt bother in the end, and no idea if it'll still work. Direct trains were coming up around 70-80.

• Options
    As Clem says split up the journey.

Just looked:-
    11.48 from London gets to Doncaster at 13.24 £22.00 single
    13.37 from Donny gets to Scunny at 14.02 £10.20 return.

18.08 from Scunny gets to Donny at 18.38
    19.28 from Donny to London, arrives 21.09 £22.00 single.

Total £54.20.
  • Options
    ah right cheers I'll do that route for Scunny.

Charlton Athletic FC ‏ @CAFCofficial Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Latest away games sales update: Scunthorpe 272, Huddersfield 379 (MW) #cafc

Neither are selling well
  • Options
    ah right cheers I'll do that route for Scunny.

Charlton Athletic FC ‏ @CAFCofficial Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Latest away games sales update: Scunthorpe 272, Huddersfield 379 (MW) #cafc

Neither are selling well
    I dunno - 379 for Huddersfield three weeks before the game seems very healthy to me.
  • Options
    I'm doing Scunthorpe and if there's still tickets for Huddersfield when I have talked my wife into letting me go I'll book that then.
  • Options
    I'm thinking of Hudders, how many tickets have we got?
  • Options
    about 3,000 i think mate we can get. a whole stand
  • Options
    I hope we take 2000 somewhere for once...
  • Options
    Think that should be more than enough.
  • Options
    I think you will find that we have.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think you will find that we have.
    Have we this season? apart form Fulham of course. Not really bothered but it would be nice.
  • Options
    nope we haven't
  • Options
    Oh I forgot, plastics don't count. Sorry:-)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    H
    Trains to Scunny, Hudds and Oldham are ridiculously expensive! any cheap routes on the train?
    Upto Huddersfield go with megabus, by train, single £9, have you tried via Manchester getting home?

For Oldham, if you do London to Birmingham return, and then Birmingham-Manchester return that I believe is good as well
  • Options
    Brentford 1800+ sold out, Bournemouth 1800+ sold out probably at least 200 in home ends.
  • Options
    No chance, could not take that for Wednesday so not going to happen for Huddersfield, or any other game for that
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I think Preston will break 2K, and places like Carlisle and Oldham should, at least, go close to selling out given the circumstances
  • Options
    I think Preston will break 2K, and places like Carlisle and Oldham should, at least, go close to selling out given the circumstances
    Would be great to take that figure to Preston and Carlisle given the distance
  • Options
    we will sell out the 6k at preston!
  • Options
    Wonder if the club will do free coaches as in the past, realising they did that this season to Halifax.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lol :-)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Is it just me or are the trains for Oldham (ie. a return to Manchester Piccadilly) at a fixed rate regardless of time? With a young person's card they are still all £49, I swear I've done that trip loads of times for £35/40 at late notice.

It's also looking the same for Carlisle (£55) except for one train which leaves London at 7:30am.

• Options
    Is it just me or are the trains for Oldham (ie. a return to Manchester Piccadilly) at a fixed rate regardless of time? With a young person's card they are still all £49, I swear I've done that trip loads of times for £35/40 at late notice.

It's also looking the same for Carlisle (£55) except for one train which leaves London at 7:30am.

Unfortunately over the August and easter bank holidays the train companies are not too generous with the cheap tickets, demand at peak times methinks
  • Options
    Ahh, good point. I don't particularly want to go back to Oldham but if there's even a miniscule chance of promotion there, I have to go. £55 to Carlisle I'm not that bothered about.

For anyone doing Huddserfield, there are still some cheap-ish tickets on the 0903 and 1003 to Wakefield, then it's another fiver and 35 minutes or so over to the Galpharm.
  • Options
    Ahh, good point. I don't particularly want to go back to Oldham but if there's even a miniscule chance of promotion there, I have to go. £55 to Carlisle I'm not that bothered about.

For anyone doing Huddserfield, there are still some cheap-ish tickets on the 0903 and 1003 to Wakefield, then it's another fiver and 35 minutes or so over to the Galpharm.
    Megabus...on the train is £9 single, in to Huddersfield at 12.45
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Nice, cheers. I saw you wrote that above and instantly thought "5 hour stopping service" but that's actually decent timing, especially since I'd be waiting around in Wakefield anyway.
  • Options
    cheers for the tips lads. Will take them up on Oldham and probably Hudds. Scunny though is just too much for me which is a shame as never been before
  • Options
    Doing Carlisle all booked. Will do one out of Scunny, Oldham, Huddesfield.
  • Options
    about 3,000 i think mate we can get. a whole stand
    unreserved seating too, very sensible

• Options
    Will be going to Huddersfield, haven't got tickets yet though but there's no danger of them selling out