Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Upcoming away game sales

Comments

• Options
    We have so many unattractive Northern games with high travel costs in quick succession which is maybe why the Scunthorpe numbers are so bad.
    so how come we only managed 400 at tranmere last month when the circumstances were so different?
    Tranmere and Scunny are both bastard journeys with nothing much at the other end. That's why no one wants to go.

• Options
    It's been made abundantly clear on this forum many times that fans like me, who sit and watch the match they have paid for,are not welcome to attend away games.

I am something of a social retard according to my daughters but even so if I was a gambling man I'd put up a tenner that there are a lot of Charlton fans similar to me.

I'm one Len.
  • Options
    We have so many unattractive Northern games with high travel costs in quick succession which is maybe why the Scunthorpe numbers are so bad.
    so how come we only managed 400 at tranmere last month when the circumstances were so different?
    Tranmere and Scunny are both bastard journeys with nothing much at the other end. That's why no one wants to go.

Apart from 3points :0)

• Options
    edited March 2012

Now you tell us Airman; any chance of a refund on the Scunny match?.................Hold fire for a bit on that Plaaayer might be funding me.
  • Options
    It's been made abundantly clear on this forum many times that fans like me, who sit and watch the match they have paid for, are not welcome to attend away games.

I am something of a social retard according to my daughters but even so, if I was a gambling
    man, I'd put up a tenner that there are a lot of Charlton fans similar to me.
    I like ti sit down at away games to mate and I wouldn pay too much attention to over people!
  • Options

Nothing much at the other end? Tranmere is practically a suburb of Liverpool. There is plenty to do in Liverpool & a few places of interest on the Wirral. Further, Liverpool is a good night out.

Scunthorpe........

OK fair point
  • Options
    It's been made abundantly clear on this forum many times that fans like me, who sit and watch the match they have paid for, are not welcome to attend away games.

I am something of a social retard according to my daughters but even so, if I was a gambling man, I'd put up a tenner that there are a lot of Charlton fans similar to me.
    Len, there are plenty of Charlton away games where you can sit where you want. For games where demand is high, why not just sit the main stand?
  • Options
    Everybody sat at the Bournemouth for the full 90 mins so no problems there (I was in the extra tickets in the main stand about halfway back)
  • Options
    Sitting down at away games is the way forward, annoys me when I spend 20 quid on a ticket and have to stand for 90 mins, wouldn't stand up at a cinema and watch a movie!
  • Options
    I'm not going after that horror show yesterday. Season ticket forms have been burnt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did you burn them in the North Upper toilets ?
  • Options

Merseyside is the best day out on the away game calendar
  • Options

still, 7000 went to fulham for a thoroughly meaningless fixture, so everythings ok
    I got hammered for questioning why 7k go to Fulham and then go missing for the league games.
  • Options

still, 7000 went to fulham for a thoroughly meaningless fixture, so everythings ok
    I got hammered for questioning why 7k go to Fulham and then go missing for the league games.
    I wonder why 7k turned up to that game??
  • Options
    Everybody sat at the Bournemouth for the full 90 mins so no problems there (I was in the extra tickets in the main stand about halfway back)
    Yeah everybody sat and the atmosphere was truly dire.
  • Options
    edited March 2012

Nothing much at the other end? Tranmere is practically a suburb of Liverpool. There is plenty to do in Liverpool & a few places of interest on the Wirral. Further, Liverpool is a good night out.

Scunthorpe........

OK fair point
    Leave off. I've been to Tranmere loads of times & it's playing a game in Suburbia, with nothing in sight.
    Yes, Liverpool is across The Mersey but so what. If you was in Liverpool you wouldn't be extolling the virtues of a day out to Birkenhead.
  • Options

Scunthorpe........

OK fair point
    Leave off. I've been to Tranmere loads of times & it's playing a game in Suburbia, with nothing in sight.
    Yes, Liverpool is across The Mersey but so what. If you was in Liverpool you wouldn't be extolling the virtues of a day out to Birkenhead.
    Birkenhead is a bit ropey, over the water is a cracking day/night out though
  • Options

I am something of a social retard according to my daughters but even so, if I was a gambling man, I'd put up a tenner that there are a lot of Charlton fans similar to me.
    Len, for an intelligent bloke you do get rather silly. I go to 75% of away games and sit down at all of them except Fulham, which was a one off.

If you want to sit down you can & I would suggest 99% of the time there is no issue. Yes, once every few seasons you may need to move seats, but so what.

Certainly if you go to Scunny, Hudds & probably Oldham, Carlisle & Preston you could choose your row not your seat.

Please don't pretend that you're not going because you can't sit down.
  • Options
    some of this thread is off the spectrum, with some people's obsessiveness
  • Options
    I got flowers , in the spring ...............
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    How did you get on before seating became compulsory Len, did you pay the extra for a seat
  • Options
    Everyone sitting= Little or no atmosphere.
    50% standing= Good atmosphere.
  • Options

I do.

• Options
    #
    What a lovely touch Rothko , thats Mothers Day sorted then .... a bunch of virtual flowers! :-0

• Options
    Yeah everybody sat and the atmosphere was truly dire.
    yep was awful. Won't be many at Scunny but you can gurantee there will be twice as much noise as 1800 made at bournemouth

• Options
    How did you get on before seating became compulsory Len, did you pay the extra for a seat
    I was younger then...
  • Options
    edited March 2012

Len, for an intelligent bloke you do get rather silly. I go to 75% of away games and sit down at all of them except Fulham, which was a one off.

If you want to sit down you can & I would suggest 99% of the time there is no issue. Yes, once every few seasons you may need to move seats, but so what.

Certainly if you go to Scunny, Hudds & probably Oldham, Carlisle & Preston you could choose your row not your seat.

I'm not pretending anything.

Once again our away numbers are being questioned. I am merely making a suggestion as to why some people might be (have been) put off.

Take it or leave it.

• Options

I'm not pretending anything.

Once again our away numbers are being questioned. I am merely making a suggestion as to why some people might be (have been) put off.

Take it or leave it.

Fair enough. However, you ARE as welcome as anyone else & probably more so.
  • Options
    There is no way people are being put off because they may not be able to sit down.