Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jones not looking to postpone Rotherham (Ed. game on)

Comments

• Look forward to Mannion getting injured in training, AMB being away and Colin the Kit Man in goal 
  • If one of our strikers goes down we can promote one of Mbick, Dixon, Casey etc. It's not the end of the world.
    Dixon won't be available and Casey has missed the last two U21 games.

M'Bick is in good form though
    Yeah Dixon being called up for the Jamaica senior men’s team is 1/3 of the reason we had the chance to call it off in the first place.
  • edited September 2
    Look forward to Mannion getting injured in training, AMB being away and Colin the Kit Man in goal 
    In that eventually, we’d thankfully (but unfortunately for Colin the Kit Man) have the option of an emergency goalkeeper loan from another EFL club. 

From the EFL handbook regulation 58:

• edited September 2
    Look forward to Mannion getting injured in training, AMB being away and Colin the Kit Man in goal 
    Don't even joke about it AFKA....🤦‍♂️
  • Wow, what a joke. We should have utilised this opportunity to give our players a much needed rest, and familiarise the new signings with our tactics.

Not happy! 
    100% im sure after pre season and 3 games of the season, we would of seen the team turn in to prime Barcelona after we get Alan Campbell up to speed.
  • edited September 2
    msomerton said:
    msomerton said:
    I reckon he should ask for a postponement, give himself another week on the training ground to sort out the issues and get the new signings up to  speed with the team.
    What new signings? - We've only got one of them
    Dixon, 7 days ago, Campbell 5 days ago.
    Dixon is with the U21s and Campbell didn't start Saturday.
    So we will be missing no first teamers.
    Dixon wasn't in U21 Squad today and by all accounts has trained mostly with NJ.  Due to get game time with yoof, not the same thing. Jamacia pick him every game.

T Campbell started at Reading, as he has in every match, A Campbell yet to play. Neither is a current international.

Kanu played 30 L1 games last season.

Anderson has appeared in every game this season.
  • Would have been idiotic to postpone the game, what's achieved by having it binned? 

• edited September 2
    Rothko said:
    Would have been idiotic to postpone the game, what's achieved by having it binned? 

Jones gets the additional time to drill the players after a below par performance on Saturday. His post match reaction was so strong that it felt like that might have been on the table. That was about it though.
  • Rothko said:
    Would have been idiotic to postpone the game, what's achieved by having it binned? 

Guaranteed sanity come 5pm Saturday...🙄
  • Rothko said:

A nice afternoon watching the cricket.
  • Sponsored links:

• Look forward to Mannion getting injured in training, AMB being away and Colin the Kit Man in goal 
    So that’s how Ronnie Moore gets all his inside scoops then…he’s actually the kit man!! 🤷🏻‍♂️😉
  • Good decision.  If there is not a quick response to that steeming pile of kaka performance at Reading, we can merrily wibble on about Jones' ability as a coach.
  • Rothko said:

Well that's what I've got with tickets for the Oval. Weather looking iffy so if it's raining at 2pm I'll be dashing to the Valley. 
  • edited September 2
    msomerton said:
    msomerton said:
    I reckon he should ask for a postponement, give himself another week on the training ground to sort out the issues and get the new signings up to  speed with the team.
    Dixon wasn't in U21 Squad today and by all accounts has trained mostly with NJ.  Due to get game time with yoof, not the same thing. Jamacia pick him every game.

T Campbell started at Reading, as he has in every match, Neither is a current international.

Kanu played 30 L1 games last season.

Anderson has appeared in every game this season.
    I subsequently clarified that Dixon was never going to be available for Saturday's game, because Jones said that he will play some U21 games before featuring in the first team squad.

The new signing referred to is of course Allan Campbell and not Tyreece Campbell.

Therefore my point was that we shouldn't postpone because of missing first teamers, because Allan Campbell like Dixon has never featured (replying to the comment that we should postpone to give the new signings time to get up to speed).

Neither Anderson nor Kanu started on Saturday and I don't think Kanu has started in any league game this season. 

In that eventually, we’d thankfully (but unfortunately for Colin the Kit Man) have the option of an emergency goalkeeper loan from another EFL club. 

don't feed the misery peddling troll
  • edited September 2
    Rothko said:

I saw you at Lord's.
  • msomerton said:
    msomerton said:

T Campbell started at Reading, as he has in every match, Neither is a current international.

Kanu played 30 L1 games last season.  but has barely featured so far this term

Anderson has appeared in every game this season.   has featured barely any more than DK, we also now have Allan Campbell
    Saturday afternoon at 3pm with a couple of subs unavailable with a regular week to prepare and a week to recover is always a far better option than a Tuesday 7:45pm breaking up the week, in this case probably between the Blackpool and Stevenage games at the end of the month
    NJ's definitely got this one right
  • Rothko said:

I saw you at Lord's.
    And I’ll be at the Oval … on Sunday.
  • Rothko said:

I saw you at Lord's.
    As will I be….. on Friday
  • Pretty sure it works like this.

If we win Saturday Nathan Jones is a genius. 

If we lose Saturday Andy Scott is a wanker. 
    What if it’s a draw?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2

Get May back on loan to play upfront, and stick Colin in goal
  • Rothko said:

I saw you at Lord's.
    We're going Friday.
  • Pretty sure it works like this.

If we win Saturday Nathan Jones is a genius. 

If we lose Saturday Andy Scott is a wanker. 
    What if it’s a draw?
    Andy Scott is still a …

😉😆
  • about 1/2 the L1 fixtures are off
  • edited September 2
    Wow, what a joke. We should have utilised this opportunity to give our players a much needed rest, and familiarise the new signings with our tactics.

Not happy! 
    We’ve done that previously and after two weeks of training they’ve looked like they barely know each other!
    This is true, I am however of course kidding. Wood have found it ridiculous if we postponed.
    It wouldn't have been a ridiculous decision to postpone. NINE out of the 12 games this weekend in our division have been postponed, so that's an awful lot of managers deciding that they'd rather not play with weakened squads, and I doubt it was because all of them had lost 3 star players. Or they wanted 2 weeks on the training ground.

All of them would have had to consider the pros and cons of playing.
    Well imo it would have, we are still one of the in-form teams, and Rotherham are out of form over the last 4. Now is as good a time as any to play them, and gives the players a chance to rectify that shower of shit at the weekend ASAP. Thankfully/hopefully Jones has had a similar mindset.

Roll on the weekend.

• 7 off, 3 on from looking at the fixture list.
  • mendonca said:
    7 off, 3 on from looking at the fixture list.
    The league should start calling all games off .. this could back fire big time playing this game 
  • Only 12 were played over four international breaks last season. There were 36 postponements.
  • Rothko said:

It would of allowed us to have a denser fixture pile up later on in the season which gives us the chance to show character
  • Rothko said:

Jones gets the additional time to drill the players after a below par performance on Saturday. His post match reaction was so strong that it felt like that might have been on the table. That was about it though.
    It also would if been additional time for the players to dwell on a below par performance and allow negativity to foster, at least now they can go again Saturday and potentially move past it correcting their performance.