Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jones not looking to postpone Rotherham (Ed. game on)

edited September 2 in General Charlton
https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/sport/charlton-athletic-boss-jones-not-looking-to-postpone-rotherham-united-fixture-even-if-international-call-ups-allow-it/

Charlton Athletic boss Jones not looking to postpone Rotherham United fixture – even if international call-ups allow it

Comments

• Anderson and maybe AMB if Aussies playing. Anyone else?
  • Final cricket match of the season, but an iffy weather forecast. I'm torn as well
  • ross1 said:
    Anderson and maybe AMB if Aussies playing. Anyone else?
    Dixon and Kanu
  • ross1 said:
    Anderson and maybe AMB if Aussies playing. Anyone else?
    Dixon and Kanu
    I guess Asiimwe too if he gets called up by Uganda, but he's well down the pecking order at present.
  • If you don’t request a game to be called off despite having the required players missing, does this affect your ability to have future games called off if the same players are missing?
  • mart77 said:
    If you don’t request a game to be called off despite having the required players missing, does this affect your ability to have future games called off if the same players are missing?
    No, you can decide each game what suits you really 
  • If we lose a couple of players to injury/suspension, then suddenly the likes of Anderson or Kanu could become key players, which would change the thinking I imagine.
  • Let’s see where we are on Monday morning 
  • Sponsored links:

• Very much the right decision if we win. 
  • Could Rotherham still call it off with any of their players being called up?
  • shirty5 said:
    Let’s see where we are on Monday morning 
    Hopefully top of the league.
  • Surely AMB won't be called up anyway?
  • mart77 said:
    If you don’t request a game to be called off despite having the required players missing, does this affect your ability to have future games called off if the same players are missing?
    Something a club will want to call a game off if they have lots of injuries. 
    As we are pretty low on injuries it makes sense to play the game. 
    The choice is ours.
    Also we are in good form and Rotherham are struggling so it makes sense to play now rather than later when Rotherham might be playing better. 
  • Good decision. Starting 11 unlikely to be impacted and stops fixture congestion later down the line
  • iaitch said:
    shirty5 said:
    Let’s see where we are on Monday morning 
    Hopefully top of the league.
    Fingers crossed H
  • Sponsored links:

• I wanted this called off but only because the in laws are visiting so I can’t watch! Definitely the right decision though, shouldn’t change our starting 11. 

On a separate note do we know if TC is eligible for any nations? His wikipedia mentions he’s of Jamaican descent. Imagine if we had 3 Reggae Boyz
  • By when does the decision have to be made?
  • Anderson and Dixon called up together (no big surprises there) 

Only other names I can see being called up are Asiimwe and Kanu, but I'm not sure if they have upcoming internationals 
  • jakecafc said:
    Could Rotherham still call it off with any of their players being called up?
    Yes if they have the required number called up.
  • Good, Rotherham are half a wreck right now. Haven't scored a league goal yet and the fans are already getting the hump with Steve Evans' antics. Feels like a good time to play them before they get themselves sorted out hopefully
  • NabySarr said:
    Good, Rotherham are half a wreck right now. Haven't scored a league goal yet and the fans are already getting the hump with Steve Evans' antics. Feels like a good time to play them before they get themselves sorted out hopefully
    They haven’t won for 38 away games in the league (nearly 2 years!), haven’t scored this season and we haven’t conceded. This game only goes one way and it’s not good for us! 
    Plus, its Steve bloody Evans. Feels like that dude just seems to have the kryptonite factor for Charlton teams.