Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jones not looking to postpone Rotherham (Ed. game on)

Comments

• fenaddick said:
    Redhenry said:
    msomerton said:
    msomerton said:
    I reckon he should ask for a postponement, give himself another week on the training ground to sort out the issues and get the new signings up to  speed with the team.
    What new signings? - We've only got one of them
    Dixon, 7 days ago, Campbell 5 days ago.
    Dixon is with the U21s and Campbell didn't start Saturday.
    So we will be missing no first teamers.
    Is this true, Dixon with u21s?
    No, he’s in the video of the senior squad coming out of the senior dressing room at SL. He’ll probably play some U21 games though which is probably where the confusion has come from 
    I'm very confident Nathan Jones (probably him) said Dixon wouldn't be in the first team squad until he had played some games for the U21s.
    In other words he's not "missing" for us on Saturday.
    No first teamers are missing due to international call ups.
    Squad players Anderson & Kanu are missing. 
  • fenaddick said:
    Redhenry said:
    msomerton said:
    msomerton said:
    I reckon he should ask for a postponement, give himself another week on the training ground to sort out the issues and get the new signings up to  speed with the team.
    No, he’s in the video of the senior squad coming out of the senior dressing room at SL. He’ll probably play some U21 games though which is probably where the confusion has come from 
    I'm very confident Nathan Jones (probably him) said Dixon wouldn't be in the first team squad until he had played some games for the U21s.
    After Saturday’s game I’d be looking to start Anderson ahead of Berry this weekend so can argue we potentially would be without a first teamer. Whether that’s enough for Jones to want to call it off is another matter just wish they’d get on with making a decision either way.
  • edited September 2
    fenaddick said:
    Redhenry said:
    msomerton said:
    msomerton said:
    Think this is just crossed wires, yes he’ll
    play with the U21s but he’s still training with the senior squad. I do agree about Saturday though. Although Anderson started game 1 and played 45 mins on Saturday so not exactly a bit part player 
  • I hope we are going to get a decision soon. Really annoying that it is this close to a game and we still don't know if it's on or off. Personally I think we should play and it will be a much bigger crowd than if we later played it mid-week. If it goes ahead I am planning on bringing a guest, and I am sure there may well be a few other supporters of other clubs who want to get their football fix at The Valley.
  • As its my weekend off of shift i hope the game goes on. 
  • it gives Leaburn and Edwards more time to get match fit
    Does give time to collect some injuries too. 
  • Do Rotherham have any key players away on international duty?
  • Ashers said:
    Do Rotherham have any key players away on international duty?
    I believe they have no players missing (I did only read that from a fan somewhere so could be wrong)
  • fenaddick said:
    Ashers said:
    Do Rotherham have any key players away on international duty?
    I believe they have no players missing (I did only read that from a fan somewhere so could be wrong)
    Yeah I glanced at their team on Wiki, and Clarke-Harris appears the only active International for them, but wasnt selected by Jamaica this break.
  • Sponsored links:

• https://www.charltonafc.com/news/rotherham-fixture-go-ahead-planned

Will be going ahead as planned. Tickets on sale now.
  • It's going ahead . Confirmed
    Where have you seen that?
  • CafcSCP said:
    It's going ahead . Confirmed
    Where have you seen that?

IOTOS.
  • Forget that, just seen it on the official site 
  • Excellent 
  • Bounce back time!
  • Great news. Can watch at home via Sky. 
  • Just seen The Blackwall Tunnel southbound is closed again Saturday . I’m sure they do it on purpose 
  • Sponsored links:

• Great news. Can watch at home via Sky. 
    Are they showing the 3pm Saturday game?
  • Good, sensible decision I don't believe it!
  • mendonca said:
    Great news. Can watch at home via Sky. 
    yes as it’s an international break they can show it if 50% of games in the top 2 divisions are off and obviously there are no games in either 
  • fenaddick said:
    mendonca said:
    Great news. Can watch at home via Sky. 
    yes as it’s an international break they can show it if 50% of games in the top 2 divisions are off and obviously there are no games in either 
    So, no CATV?
    And if not what sky channel will it be on, can't see anything currently showing on either??