Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Aug 2024 Transfer Window Deadline Day Thread

Comments

• Brum signed Scott Wright from Rangers. How many forwards do they need!!!!!!?
  • I wonder what Shay Given thinks of our transfer dealings.
  • Hal1x said:
    follett said:
    Birmingham are crazy. £10m could assemble you the greatest league one squad ever, so be able to spend it on one player is ridiculous. They probably do already have one of the best league one squads ever but they've signed big players and in volume so whilst squad depth is key, some big personalities aren't going to be playing regularly. Stansfield would presumably play ahead of Alfie as can't see them starting together. I don't really get why they took such a massive gamble on an unproven manager given their resources. Sheer money on quality players will still see them go up regardless.
    bound to go tits up at some point!
    I hope so. Its bloody ridiculous that any league one team could afford £10m on one player. Talk about wealth trickling down. It's the football as capitalism end of days.

• Directions IF anyone can get him there...

• Scoham said:
    Nonsense Twitter rumour alert 🚨 

Is "Kenneth Goldman" even a real person?
  • edited August 30
    Has there EVER been a deadline day where we haven't signed a player on the day of? I say this not in a negative way btw, quite the opposite.
  • edited August 30
    I see no good reason why Birmingham shouldn't buy Fraser for £2m. They could find that down the back of the sofa and he could keep the bench nice and warm just as well as a player costing twice as much.
  • Has there EVER been a deadline day where we haven't signed a player on the day of? I say this not in a negative way btw, quite the opposite.
    Usually a desperate loan striker "returning" from injury who scored 12 goals in 2020/21.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fair play to Ivan Toney. At 24 years old in 2020 he was playing for Peterborough in league one. Now 4 and a bit years later he looks like he's going to Saudi to earn 20m a year tax free.

A lesson to all younger players out there that you can still make it.
    That is funny and depressing in equal measure.

• I love "genuine" rumours.
  • NabySarr said:
    Bromley already have a right wing back on loan from Palace, I'd be surprised if he were to go there now. 
    Looks like he went off injured early in the game on Saturday 
    Their latest post has a Thom Thom joke which I think rules him out unless his middle name is Thomas…
    League Two newcomers Bromley have signed Stevenage midfielder Ben Thompson and Swansea striker Josh Thomas, both on season-long loans.
  • NabySarr said:
    Bromley already have a right wing back on loan from Palace, I'd be surprised if he were to go there now. 
    Their latest post has a Thom Thom joke which I think rules him out unless his middle name is Thomas…
    League Two newcomers Bromley have signed Stevenage midfielder Ben Thompson and Swansea striker Josh Thomas, both on season-long loans.
    Good old Bromley...🙄
  • NabySarr said:

Interesting to see Thompson drop down to League 2 after how good he was a couple of seasons back for Pompey. Although I guess it's a move local for him being from Sidcup.
  • Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Whatever the reality is....that's a quality rumour. 
  • Looks like its going to be a late one for us

Late one for Birmingham more like
  • First time in years I really don't care if we sign someone. I'd like cover at LCB and a keeper to challenge Manion if we can but not too bothered. Its so nice to have a boring deadline day and be staying up to see who we get over the line
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 30
    Simonsen said:
    Scoham said:

Scoham said:

True. My heart beat a little faster until I remembered that I had absolutely no idea who the fuck the player was. 

And then that it was VERY reminiscent of our RD era signings.
  • Southampton are keen to sign Maxwel Cornet from West Ham, but the Hammers are worried it would leave the strike force wafer-thin.
    Wages are thought to be a problem.  He wants hundreds and thousands.
    He puts the cones out at training. 
  • Simonsen said:
    Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Incredible signing, didn’t see that one coming.
  • Young Spurs keeper Josh Keeley has joined Orient onloan.

He was at Barnet last season.
  • Ken Aboh and Jordan Roberts for Stevenage looks like a sensible bit of business though. Could work out very well for them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c8dp5l12dp0o
  • One of the few realistic places Fraser could go
  • Jasper Moon Burton to Harrogate - they've had their pants down!
  • edited August 30
    Leuth said:
    Fraser is an insane case tbh. Feted as one of the most gifted players at this level until recently. He's not injured and he's not old. He's just, like...a total wastelord. But not even in the Maddison way. I don't fucking understand him
    Seems to be a common trait among lower level footballers that some just give up and start coasting.