Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Aug 2024 Transfer Window Deadline Day Thread

Comments

• edited August 30
    Damn thought that was a new video.
  • Imagine Edun and Taylor are on a fair bit along with Fraser. Could well be a domino get them out and people Like Bradley/Potts can sign as well as a keeper or soem wriggle room for Jan. 

If we get those players out it seems a very well balanced squad. 

• edited August 30
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    So strange to have heard nothing about our deadline day from Rich Cawley, not even on potential outgoings.

I think if nothing was happening at all we’d have heard. Fits with what Jones said, we’ll keep working on potential signings as long as we can and I guess they want to give away as little info as possible.
    👋🏻 Hi Rich, he must be reading this thread. Nothing on incomings though 🫤

Tayo Edun, Nathan Asiimwe, Scott Fraser and Terry Taylor the potentials. #cafc https://t.co/HTL0GkKIjL

— Richard Cawley (@RichCawleySLP) August 30, 2024

No surprises there, maybe Edun with the Edwards injury... But then Watson can cover.

RB playing at LB are not only an issue for England but have always been poor at CAFC. I would prefer Watson was just cover for the impressive Ramsey.

I would rather play Edun at Left wing back in an emergency. 
    The optimism that Edwards would be out weeks rather than a month and longer seems to has been lost in translation.

If Small continues to have the confidence of NJ to play at LWB and TBF he doing fine for a young player. (crossing needs to improve obviously)
    Then in this 3-5-2 system I don't see why Edwards when fit can't be competition for the LWB but also the LCB for Gillesphey.

The problem is how long will Josh Edwards be out from that poor Challenge?

• Gavin Kilkenny has signed for Swindon 
    It's been noticeable how so many of our recent PL loans have ended up signing for clubs below us, showing that there are a lot of average young players at PL clubs.
    It's what PL clubs do - they buy up young players on the chance that they might develop. Not good for player development and should be stopped .
  • Ward-Prose to Forest on season loan. Didnt expect that one. 
  • sm said:
    Gavin Kilkenny has signed for Swindon 
    It's been noticeable how so many of our recent PL loans have ended up signing for clubs below us, showing that there are a lot of average young players at PL clubs.
    It's what PL clubs do - they buy up young players on the chance that they might develop. Not good for player development and should be stopped .
    The issue for smaller clubs desperate for "cheap" loan players, is trying to identify the quality youngsters from the mediocre ones. Unless you have a big scouting network watching PL U21 football, it's a bit of a punt really.
  • As you were everyone. 99.9% certain that is Mannion in the back ground of the picture of AMB.
  • Sponsored links:

• Tbh if there is a bit left in the pot I'd keep our powder dry until Jan. See where we're at.
    That being said, if there is an attacking  midfielder with a bit of guile knocking about id take him
  • edited August 30
    As you were everyone. 99.9% certain that is Mannion in the back ground of the picture of AMB.
    It can’t be - if you watch the video the clip is from, Ash is pointing at Mannion and saying words to the effect of “he’s the reason to get a season ticket” to big up his squad mate, unless he’s playing 4D chess with us all and he’s pretending Mannion is in front of him when he’s not.

Likeliest explanation I’ve seen so far is that it’s Jude Sadler from the U18s.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Good to see Charlton legend Jesper Blomqvist back in action.
  • Think it’s a massive risk to move on Edun with Edwards out injured
  • edited August 30
    Cawley ruling out Brad Collins one more time, this time in more firm words just in case people didn’t get it the first time.
  • This has been dragging on all summer with Fraser. He clearly won't take the pay cut to move even if it means moving back home. I have a feeling we will have to come to an agreement to pay him off.
  • Don’t think we’ll see anyone in today which I’m fairly relaxed about, makes a change 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 30
    Any update on that Jonathan Fleck (to Charlton) rumour? Or is that a no go.
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    Think it’s a massive risk to move on Edun with Edwards out injured
    Tennai and REG can cover both RWB and LWB in a pinch. Hopefully would point to Edwards only being a few weeks away from returning.

One of Tennai’s best performances for us last season came at LB away at Wigan.
    Definitely wouldn’t want REG there. Am I imagining that we saw Anderson as a WB at some point towards the end of last season? Wouldn’t feel too comfortable with that either mind
  • fenaddick said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Tennai and REG can cover both RWB and LWB in a pinch. Hopefully would point to Edwards only being a few weeks away from returning.

Definitely wouldn’t want REG there. Am I imagining that we saw Anderson as a WB at some point towards the end of last season? Wouldn’t feel too comfortable with that either mind
    Campbell played Wing-Back a few times, if you're thinking him?
  • free agents can still be signed outside of the window, so Potts or a free keeper like sluga
  • fenaddick said:
    DDOUBLEE said:

Campbell played Wing-Back a few times, if you're thinking him?
    I knew that happened, in my head it was only for about the last 10 minutes of a game because we didn't have any subs left. Entirely possible it didn't happen though.
  • Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    So strange to have heard nothing about our deadline day from Rich Cawley, not even on potential outgoings.

I think if nothing was happening at all we’d have heard. Fits with what Jones said, we’ll keep working on potential signings as long as we can and I guess they want to give away as little info as possible.
    👋🏻 Hi Rich, he must be reading this thread. Nothing on incomings though 🫤

Tayo Edun, Nathan Asiimwe, Scott Fraser and Terry Taylor the potentials. #cafc https://t.co/HTL0GkKIjL

— Richard Cawley (@RichCawleySLP) August 30, 2024

No surprises there, maybe Edun with the Edwards injury... But then Watson can cover.

RB playing at LB are not only an issue for England but have always been poor at CAFC. I would prefer Watson was just cover for the impressive Ramsey.

I would rather play Edun at Left wing back in an emergency. 
    The optimism that Edwards would be out weeks rather than a month and longer seems to has been lost in translation.

If Small continues to have the confidence of NJ to play at LWB and TBF he doing fine for a young player. (crossing needs to improve obviously)
    Then in this 3-5-2 system I don't see why Edwards when fit can't be competition for the LWB but also the LCB for Gillesphey.

The problem is how long will Josh Edwards be out from that poor Challenge?

Watson was better on the left than Edun was last season. Ramsay would probably be better as well, so if we were really short he could play there. You could even play TC there against the right opposition 

Edun just isn’t a Nathan Jones wing back or a Nathan jones footballer. He’s alright technically but he just doesn’t have the physical attributes for what jones wants at either wing back or in midfield 
  • I think I do vaguely remember Anderson starting at RWB somewhere away from home under Jones? Don't think it lasted for too long. 
  • edited August 30
    Looks like we might just get Potts (if anyone) but will be later after the window. Could also do the same with a keeper, someone like Hennessey or Randolph although they might just retire. 

In an ideal world I’d have signed another CM who is slightly more attacking to complete the 6 CMs, presuming Taylor, Edun and Fraser go. 
  • Derby set to sign Nat Phillips on loan from Liverpool