Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Aug 2024 Transfer Window Deadline Day Thread

Comments

• edited August 30
    IR94 said:
    free agents can still be signed outside of the window, so Potts or a free keeper like sluga
    You talking about Dan Potts and Simon Sluga?
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    Think it’s a massive risk to move on Edun with Edwards out injured

thought it was less serious and weeks not months? Think NJ described him as mid term which backs that up
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    Think it’s a massive risk to move on Edun with Edwards out injured
    Tennai and REG can cover both RWB and LWB in a pinch. Hopefully would point to Edwards only being a few weeks away from returning.

One of Tennai’s best performances for us last season came at LB away at Wigan.
    Really wouldn’t want REG as a wing back. Do agree on Edun though, no point keeping him as LWB cover. Fine if Jones wants to use him as a CM who can cover there but doesn’t look like that’s the case. 
  • #cafc rumours of a move for Coventry City goalkeeper Brad Collins are wide of the mark. A non-story. Not happening. Forget about it.

— Richard Cawley (@RichCawleySLP) August 30, 2024
  • jakecafc said:
    This has been dragging on all summer with Fraser. He clearly won't take the pay cut to move even if it means moving back home. I have a feeling we will have to come to an agreement to pay him off.
    or give him a squad number and use him when/if we have to, he clearly isnt going to take the pay cut and i dont blame him tbh. He can have number 99 and if he does get a chance take it as a personal challenge to prove himself.
  • It looks like Gallen is up to his old tricks at Millwall, leaving the business until the last minute. I'm glad we're past those days. 
    I messaged him yesterday about a player but he is "already quite a way down the line with his recruitment" not sure if he means their recruitment is all done or he is still negotiating with a few at this late hour
  • fenaddick said:
    Derby set to sign Nat Phillips on loan from Liverpool
    How is he still under contract at Liverpool!
  • It looks like Gallen is up to his old tricks at Millwall, leaving the business until the last minute. I'm glad we're past those days. 
    It's encouraging. Lets hope that it was the 'trying to pull rabbits out the hat for the last 5 years at Charlton' on his CV that attracted them to him  
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't know why, but whenever I read Rich tweet about us not being in for a player, it always feels from a negative place, can't explain it. 

Like he's telling us off on twitter almost 😂
  • This is such a weird deadline day , not an in in sight and not signing 3 middling loan players because we desperately need squad depth 😂
  • edited August 30
    So far not a sniff of an incoming, not even a believable rumour. 
    Gut reaction is I’m disappointed, but actually I’m pleased the club don’t need to make ‘desperation’ signings. 
    As NJ has said repeatedly “ only if they improve the squad “. 

Well impressed with this window. 

Edit. Snap -  Didn’t see your  very similar post above Marcus 🤔 
  • correct it was
  • Bromley already have a right wing back on loan from Palace, I'd be surprised if he were to go there now. 
  • Bromley already have a right wing back on loan from Palace, I'd be surprised if he were to go there now. 
    Looks like he went off injured early in the game on Saturday 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 30
    NabySarr said:
    Bromley already have a right wing back on loan from Palace, I'd be surprised if he were to go there now. 
    Looks like he went off injured early in the game on Saturday 
    Their latest post has a Thom Thom joke which I think rules him out unless his middle name is Thomas…
  • Scoham said:

How much is he costing, £15m?
    Cost Celtic £900k two years ago. Only played 30 league games for them in that time. 
  • Some of Nozzas tweet are very good, that included 
  • Has our old friend Roger Rose got a new friend there 😂😂😂😂😂