Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Aug 2024 Transfer Window Deadline Day Thread

Comments

• MarcusH26 said:
    Huddersfield fans and owner engaging in some heated discussions over Twitter as their loan deal for Joe Taylor appears to have fallen through.

Saw a tweet that their owner thought May was an overpay at £900k which I found very very amusing. 
    His interview at the time suggested the wages Birmingham were paying were too much, not the fee, if I remember rightly.
  • CAFCsayer said:
    If I was Fraser I wouldn't leave... not sure how true it is, but was told he was on 8.5k a week. He won't get half of that if he leaves. I'd be running down my contract and then going back to Scotland. Can't blame him for the contract the club has given him, it just hasn't clicked here
    Why would he opt to be away from his family for a further 12 months and stuck out with the kids and not playing a single min .. that’s ridiculous 
  • CAFCsayer said:
    If I was Fraser I wouldn't leave... not sure how true it is, but was told he was on 8.5k a week. He won't get half of that if he leaves. I'd be running down my contract and then going back to Scotland. Can't blame him for the contract the club has given him, it just hasn't clicked here
    Hypothetical…

If he’s on 8k p/w for the next 12 months and Dundee can only offer him 4k p/w, they might be able to make up the difference (roughly 200k per annum) with a signing bonus.

I highly doubt Charlton are asking for any kind of significant fee, we are just wanting the wages off the books. With that in mind, Dundee might be able to offer SF a six figure signing bonus to cover a proportion of the wages he’d be missing out on by taking a reduced salary.
    Why would Dundee do that? They know that we want him off of our books and would be telling the agent to get Charlton to pay off the contract, which looks exactly like what has happened 
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Why would he opt to be away from his family for a further 12 months and stuck out with the kids and not playing a single min .. that’s ridiculous 
    There are eight and a half thousand reasons... won't be needed on weekends and can go back to Scotland. 
  • Stansfield deal back on!
  • edited August 30
    Nothing to see here please move on.

Big Ron Dangerfield was given the day off and just the termination of Scott Fraser's contract which was printed out yesterday to sign.

* Written in the Style of Ronnie Moore  😀
  • CAFCsayer said:
    An extra £250-300k or whatever for not doing much for a year - most would.

• fenaddick said:
    I wouldn’t mind us signing a forward than can hold
    it up a bit better for Godden or Campbell. Ahadme is being asked to do that at the moment but I’m not sure that’s his game. He may be a bit of a Paul Hayes situation. Unless Godden can do that? I don’t know enough about him. 
    Leaburn is great at that. Think Ahadme can be too if we can get the ball into his chest/feet not his head so much
    Here we go again.  Miles didn't do this last year, so he got shunted out to the right wing. He got bullied by div 1 defenders. 

He may be able to do it in time but atm he is not like his dad in that respect. There was none better in a Charlton shirt, other than perhaps Mark Bright imo. 
    Deon Burton at a lower level too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nothing to see here please move on.

Big Ron Dangerfield was given the day off and just the termination of Scott Fraser's contract which was printed out yesterday* to sign.

* Written in the Style of Ronnie Moore  😀
    Nah...not enough "that it be's"...🤦‍♂️
  • CAFCsayer said:
    So not that desperate to join his family.
  • Palace signing Chalobah on loan from Chelsea.
  • CAFCsayer said:
    He’s not going to lose out though is he. It’ll be a loan only. They may pay say 3k a week of his wages, we pay the difference. It’s win win for him.

Edit - if we are terminating his contract you can bet your bottom dollar there is a significant pay off involved.
    Difference between his contract and the prospective Dundee contract?

• fenaddick said:
    Stansfield deal back on!
    Insane!! 
  • Still think not bringing in a keeper to challenge Mannion and also a cb and cm. If jones gets injured or Mitchell we are knackered 
  • Sponsored links:

• Apart from anything else, how is Stansfield worth 10m? A striker who's never scored and barely played in the PL, has no goals for England U21s, and who had a reasonable but hardly outstanding loan spell at Birmingham last season?
  • Good window for Charlton but still think we’re a bit short for the playoffs. Our problem was no club wanted the players that we no longer want in our squad. 
  • id laugh if birmingham got Stansfield for 10 million and they end up benching May for him
  • Good window for Charlton but still think we’re a bit short for the playoffs. Our problem was no club wanted the players that we no longer want in our squad. 
    What positions are we short in? Potts will still likely happen soon 
  • If birminghams owners are putting the money and not borrowing against the assets then fair play we all want owners like that as long as they stick around and don’t saddle the club with debt. Personally let them do as they will we dropped out the premier league spent like no tomorrow and failed miserably it happens. I prefer NJ and AC approach build a togetherness invest in solid pros and build.
  • There’s no challenge on the keeper front to Mannion & very little creativity in midfield. The Australian keeper doesn’t dominate his area and was weak when I saw him. 
  • McTominay and now Gilmore going Napoli. Very random.
  • I agree with Mannion! It’s true Berry has a bit of class/vision but the rest more workmanlike. Having said that thought we were strong against Bolton. The lesser teams will sit back & we may find it difficult to open them up.