Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Aug 2024 Transfer Window Deadline Day Thread

Comments

• the pressure on Stansfield will be insane and he’ll be getting abuse until he scores from
    oppo fans all season. big risk if he can’t handle it 
  • he also only scored 13 on the league last season and 9 before
  • My biggest concern isn’t the GK or creativity, it’s the lack of cover at LCB. Really hope we are getting Potts 
  • fenaddick said:
    he also only scored 13 on the league last season and 9 before
    He will create plenty as well, especially as he will probably be playing as a 10 or out wide. He’s way too good for this level 
  • NabySarr said:
    fenaddick said:
    He will create plenty as well, especially as he will probably be playing as a 10 or out wide. He’s way too good for this level 
    that I totally agree with but £10m?
  • Still think not bringing in a keeper to challenge Mannion and also a cb and cm. If jones gets injured or Mitchell we are knackered 
    Potts is out of contract so can be signed anytime along with many keepers in the same position , problem if bringing a keeper in on loan is lost higher clubs will want them to be first choice already one deal was called off because of that clause 
  • If birminghams owners are putting the money and not borrowing against the assets then fair play we all want owners like that as long as they stick around and don’t saddle the club with debt. Personally let them do as they will we dropped out the premier league spent like no tomorrow and failed miserably it happens. I prefer NJ and AC approach build a togetherness invest in solid pros and build.
    The money cannot be a loan or borrowed, as that would breech league 1 financial rules on revenue. So it can be a gift or equity for example by expanding the share stock.
  • There’s no challenge on the keeper front to Mannion & very little creativity in midfield. The Australian keeper doesn’t dominate his area and was weak when I saw him. 
    we’re never going to have a ‘creative’ player in midfield because Jones wants to win the ball higher up and create chances from that. Berry is probably our best playmaker in terms of keeping the midfield moving.
  • Sponsored links:

• The Athletic reporting the Stansfield deal not yet agreed and would be 10m+ but is dependent on Fulham bringing someone in. Can see it ending in failure 
  • Tonight could be a bit of an anti climax, could be an early night...🙄
  • edited August 30

• Leuth said:
    Ah, the little creativity in midfield line. Have you seen what our midfield are doing this season? Creativity isn't the aim, it's pressure and positioning, making situations develop quickly 

Happy to trust Mannion, he looks the part 
    I agree with what you say about our midfield , although I suspect sustaining that for 40 plus games will be challenging .  A bit more creativity wouldn’t go amiss . I also think we will struggle if Coventry , Jones and/ or Mitchell are injured . 
  • edited August 30
    fenaddick said:
    NabySarr said:
    fenaddick said:
    that I totally agree with but £10m?
    All I can think is that some accountant somewhere is forecasting a projected earnings figure based off of the (stupid) assumption that this level of spending will definitely get them to the premier league again.

There's no other reason to justify this capital outlay.
  • Still think not bringing in a keeper to challenge Mannion and also a cb and cm. If jones gets injured or Mitchell we are knackered 
    i agree, its a long season, and injuries are a given, I like our starting 11, but a couple of injuries and we might be struggling again.
  • Whatever happens or doesn't tonight, i'm sure Nathan has us covered...Chill, all will be sweet.🍺
  • Sponsored links:

• "If Birmingham confirm the £10m Jay Stansfield signing, they will have spent £24m this summer. That's more than Man City, PSV, Nice, Celtic and Athletic Bilbao."
    Who are their new owners ?
    Potts is out of contract so can be signed anytime along with many keepers in the same position , problem if bringing a keeper in on loan is lost higher clubs will want them to be first choice already one deal was called off because of that clause 
    what out of contract keepers would be good? only sort of realistic ones I see are darren randolph, wayne hennessey, simon sluga, jamal blackman and Ryan Schofield, 
  • We could be looking at a bloated squad. At least 3/4 surplus players.
  • Assuming he's not going anywhere now , I wonder if we start to see Taylor around the squad as cover for Coventry , I know we've had REG on the bench who can fill in there at a push but Taylor is one that's confused me as to the situation there. 
  • Nothing to see here please move on.

Big Ron Dangerfield was given the day off and just the termination of Scott Fraser's contract which was printed out yesterday to sign.

* Written in the Style of Ronnie Moore  😀
    Gaaaargh! There be nothing to see here, ye filthy land lubbers!
    The mangy cur Ron Dangerfield was confined to his bunk and Gentleman Scot Fraser walked the plank yestereve, curse him! 
  • Good window for Charlton but still think we’re a bit short for the playoffs. Our problem was no club wanted the players that we no longer want in our squad. 
    I did say 2 months ago that we would have trouble shifting them. Just thankful that the owners have been sensible & allowed us to sign better players in the meantime. Imagine if not the scenario tonight where we are doing loan deals for this seasons Nile John. 
  • wmcf123 said:
    Leuth said:
    Ah, the little creativity in midfield line. Have you seen what our midfield are doing this season? Creativity isn't the aim, it's pressure and positioning, making situations develop quickly 

Happy to trust Mannion, he looks the part 
    I agree with what you say about our midfield , although I suspect sustaining that for 40 plus games will be challenging .  A bit more creativity wouldn’t go amiss . I also think we will struggle if Coventry , Jones and/ or Mitchell are injured . 
    The window may be closing but watch the first couple of weeks of September perhaps?

There are free agents around and some will be reasonably fit having had a degree of pre-season training at clubs - just like like Teddy Bishop, Danny Hylton and Dan Potts at Charlton.
    Last season we signed Thierry Small after the window had closed; and famously, Yann Kermorgant of course.

Goalkeeper injury crisis? They can be loaned outside the window.

And anyway, there'll be the January window to reinforce or tweak the squad. 
    Usually every club does.

• The the owners have been very supportive considering the millions the club are losing each season. That aside high press & energy will not get us promoted. We are just lacking a little bit of pedigree to get promoted. Just my view! A massive shame we couldn’t get rid of a few. 
  • "If Birmingham confirm the £10m Jay Stansfield signing, they will have spent £24m this summer. That's more than Man City, PSV, Nice, Celtic and Athletic Bilbao."
    Who are their new owners ?
    Majority stake is a US company which is the subsidiary of an US insurance/pensions company. Tom Brady ex NFL star is CEO and minority stakeholder.

Would luv it if we beat em, luv it”