Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Aug 2024 Transfer Window Deadline Day Thread

Comments

• Ivan Toney signed for Al-Ahli. I'm sure that it wasn't for the money. 
    Tbf to him he’s had to work his way up the leagues after being let go by Newcastle. Getting on a bit now too. 
    He's 28!!
  • We haven't had the official end of window article on the OS yet, so I assume that something has happened today, even it's only Fraser's departure.
  • I have no words
  • Nketiah was £25m, that's potentially only £5m more haha
  • McTominay and now Gilmore going Napoli. Very random.
    Both have kept Lewis Ferguson out of the Scotland team and Ferguson was named midfielder of the season in serie a last season 

I appreciate that means very little in the grand scheme of things but both are premier league players that are good value 

I think Gilmore was massively overrated by Chelsea but is still quality where as McTominay is massively underrated 
  • Sponsored links:

• 19-year-old Oluwaseun Adewumi has joined Dundee from English Championship side Burnley until January. Bored of waiting for Fraser?

• 6.5/10 seems harsh considering we’ve won 3/3 with Berry, Doherty, Adahme, Edwards, Mannion all starting. That’s almost half the side.
    Yeah it's been a decent window, and a very decent start, but I still think we could have done more, and as the season goes on we may struggle with fatigue and squad depth. Couple of injuries, and we are a bit bare bones, particularly at the back.

Of course it's subjective, as if we win promotion, I'll say it's a 10. Just a bit of guesswork. I'd lean more towards 7 I guess, which is probably a bit more fair. 
  • PWADDICK said:
    Their owners are bloody crackpot, hired Rooney as part of some vanity project, talked about 60,000 seater stadiums yet they get 20k in for home games and now they just signed a lad who scored 12 goals for them last year for 20 mil
    That’s one more than the 11 that Macauley Bonne scored for us in the 2019/20 season.
  • Just noticed it's a 7 year deal too, clearly taking lessons from Chelsea
  • That's Alfie fucked as they play with one striker lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Brum might be tits up in 3 years if they fail to get promoted 
  • addickson said:
    19-year-old Oluwaseun Adewumi has joined Dundee from English Championship side Burnley until January. Bored of waiting for Fraser?

I think we've all been bored of waiting for Fraser, tbh.
  • Ivan Toney signed for Al-Ahli. I'm sure that it wasn't for the money. 
    Tbf to him he’s had to work his way up the leagues after being let go by Newcastle. Getting on a bit now too. 
    At 28 he should be in his prime and ought to be playing for one of the top PL clubs if he really wanted to prove his worth as a player. Had he done so and scored a shed load in the PL then he might have got himself back into the England picture. AS it is, he will be "out of sight, out of mind" now as he's certainly no Ronaldo. 
  • What resale value is there on Stansfield at £20m ?

They'll be lucky to get 5% back. 

Yet more owners who think "football is easy" 
  • Birmingham have certainly made themselves the team that everyone wants to beat, seeing how they're flashing the cash like an obnoxious 'loadsamoney'.
    They're not making it easy on themselves.
    I hope that we stuff them.