Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Aug 2024 Transfer Window Deadline Day Thread

Comments

• It’s refreshing Charlton completed the majority of their business early in the window. . Gone are the days  late on deadline day scrambling around to get Josh Parker over the line.
  • edited August 30
    Sancho to Chelsea apparently agreed.
    Sterling to Arsenal almost agreed.
    Fulham have agreed to sign Ernest Nuamah (an attacker) from Lyon, which i guess will then allow Stansfield to go to Birmingham.
  • Sancho to Chelsea is possibly one of the more bizarre moves. I know Mudryk has massively underperformed but Madueke is coming off a hat trick and an England senior callup 
  • .......... That aside high press & energy will not get us promoted. We are just lacking a little bit of pedigree to get promoted. J

We may be lacking a little bit of pedigree right now, but to my knowledge no team has yet won promotion in August or September. :)

We're a work in progress but we are a team unit ........ the foundations have been put in place by instilling a style of play, organisation and high standard of fitness, followed by the team defending from the front and creating chances directly from that.

I should imagine NJ is now thinking let's see where we are by Christmas?
    He'll know exactly what needs reinforcing and fine tuning.

• edited August 30
    MarcusH26 said:
    Sancho to Chelsea is possibly one of the more bizarre moves. I know Mudryk has massively underperformed but Madueke is coming off a hat trick and an England senior callup 
    From what i've read it's:

Left wing - Neto/Mudryk
    Right wing - Madueke/Sancho
    AM - Palmer/Felix
    Striker - Jackson/Nkunku

They certainly have plenty of cover.
  • Billy Gilmour has joined Scott McTominay in moving to Napoli
  • Good point oggy Red! I think Nathan knows what we need now but couldn’t do anything about it. We are work in progress so we might have to accept it may take another season for promotion. 
  • I couldn’t sleep very well wondering what new signings  I’d wake up to … fuck sake.
  • Sponsored links:

• fenaddick said:
    Billy Gilmour has joined Scott McTominay in moving to Napoli
    Can Napoli not get through the league stage…🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
  • We seem to be leaving it late with the Fraser termination
  • Chem Campbell has joined Reading on loan until January (too late to play tomorrow)
  • *Birmingham desperately trying to overspend to buy a league one cheat code*

A fully fit Chuks; "it's free real estate!"
  • Sponsored links:

• It's odd that we have waited till now to deal with Fraser. Maybe another club have messed us about? 

I was hoping we would bring 1 or 2 in today but it seems very unlikely now, and looking at a free agent job. 

Overrall, a pretty decent window, but we could have done with the extra goalie and centre back at least. I'll give this window a 6.5/7 out of 10. I'd have given it a 9 if we kept May as well as the business we did.

Well done new owners, a usually sensible window, considering it’s Charlton. 
    Paying someone up for the remainder of his contract is the last resort .. end of the day it’s a loss on the financial sheets that you were not expecting .. 
  • It's odd that we have waited till now to deal with Fraser. Maybe another club have messed us about? 

I was hoping we would bring 1 or 2 in today but it seems very unlikely now, and looking at a free agent job. 

Overrall, a pretty decent window, but we could have done with the extra goalie and centre back at least. I'll give this window a 6.5/7 out of 10. I'd have given it a 9 if we kept May as well as the business we did.

Well done new owners, an usually sensible window, considering its Charlton. 
    9 out of 10 this window and please how were we going to keep May once he asked for a move and would have lost him
    fir free in 12 months ?
  • edited August 30
    8.5/10

Ten of the starting XI from last weekend were signed from January onwards - eight are “NJ” signings: the three that aren’t are Gillesphey, Coventry and TC.

The two windows together are quite good. It makes the January window a retrospective 7/10 as well after everyone panicked and lost their sh*t over Corey and George leaving.

Edit: I forgot about Lloyd Jones as well, who obviously wasn’t a NJ signing. So of the weekend starting XI, only Jones and TC were here 12 months ago.

Well done new owners, an usually sensible window, considering its Charlton. 
    9 out of 10 this window and please how were we going to keep May once he asked for a move and would have lost him
    fir free in 12 months ?
    We had an option to extend his contract. If we really wanted to keep him I think we could have, but I also am not that bothered because I think his sale is probably part of the reason our squad is overall better than last year
  • Good point oggy Red! I think Nathan knows what we need now but couldn’t do anything about it. We are work in progress so we might have to accept it may take another season for promotion. 
    Maybe, Mr Berkshire ..... but according to NJ the aim is promotion.
    Whether we achieve that or not, we may well have to play another 43 games first :)

But whatever the eventual outcome, we as supporters need a full season experiencing the thrill of the chase.
    Me? I'm happy to see how it all unfolds, game by game.

COYR!
  • Nketiah gone Nigels
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Sancho to Chelsea is possibly one of the more bizarre moves. I know Mudryk has massively underperformed but Madueke is coming off a hat trick and an England senior callup 
    Adding yet another attacking midfielder to a squad stuffed with attacking midfielders.
    And then not signing Oshimen when they've needed a striker.
  • fenaddick said:
    We seem to be leaving it late with the Fraser termination
    As long as his contract is terminated before the close of the window, it makes Fraser a free agent.
    He can then sign for his new club at any time.