Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Aug 2024 Transfer Window Deadline Day Thread

Comments

• when is Fraser's contract up, is it summer 2025? I would imagine Mansfield will be a loan. But nearer to Scotland.
  • If I was Fraser I wouldn't leave... not sure how true it is, but was told he was on 8.5k a week. He won't get half of that if he leaves. I'd be running down my contract and then going back to Scotland. Can't blame him for the contract the club has given him, it just hasn't clicked here
  • Leuth said:
    Fraser is an insane case tbh. Feted as one of the most gifted players at this level until recently. He's not injured and he's not old. He's just, like...a total wastelord. But not even in the Maddison way. I don't fucking understand him
    Have a like for wastelord. Never heard it before, but i like it
  • CAFCsayer said:
    If I was Fraser I wouldn't leave... not sure how true it is, but was told he was on 8.5k a week. He won't get half of that if he leaves. I'd be running down my contract and then going back to Scotland. Can't blame him for the contract the club has given him, it just hasn't clicked here
    Let's face it,  it is the nubbins that authorised and gave him the contract in the first place, that should get the pelters. Alright he has done fuck all on the pitch to endear himself but if he sees out this one, then a contract up in Sweatyland could see him out.
  • edited August 30
    CAFCsayer said:
    If I was Fraser I wouldn't leave... not sure how true it is, but was told he was on 8.5k a week. He won't get half of that if he leaves. I'd be running down my contract and then going back to Scotland. Can't blame him for the contract the club has given him, it just hasn't clicked here
    Hypothetical…

If he’s on 8k p/w for the next 12 months and Dundee can only offer him 4k p/w, they might be able to make up the difference (roughly 200k per annum) with a signing bonus.

I highly doubt Charlton are asking for any kind of significant fee, we are just wanting the wages off the books. With that in mind, Dundee might be able to offer SF a six figure signing bonus to cover a proportion of the wages he’d be missing out on by taking a reduced salary.
  • CAFCsayer said:
    If he’s on 8k p/w for the next 12 months and Dundee can only offer him 4k p/w, they might be able to make up the difference (roughly 200k per annum) with a signing bonus.

I highly doubt Charlton are asking for any kind of significant fee, we are just wanting the wages off the books. With that in mind, Dundee might be able to offer SF a six figure signing bonus to cover a proportion of the wages he’d be missing out on by taking a reduced salary.
    Yeah but whether they'd want to is another matter.

And Scottish teams bar the big two aren't swimming in cash.
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCsayer said:

Yeah but whether they'd want to is another matter.

And Scottish teams bar the big two aren't swimming in cash.
    Of course it would be dependant on other things - but Dundee are about to get a chunk of cash from selling one of their better players to Celtic, and Fraser is the proposed replacement.

Anyway, this is moot with Cawley’s latest tweet. Looks like we are mutually terminating his contract.
  • Some sort of Compromise agreement in place for Scott Fraser 
  • Mutual termination makes sense for all parties really. Just another TS signing that didn't live up to the billing. 

• Presumably Fraser's getting some sort of "golden handshake" - probably not the entire value of his contract paid up but a certain proportion at least.
  • edited August 30
    CAFCsayer said:
    He’s not going to lose out though is he. It’ll be a loan only. They may pay say 3k a week of his wages, we pay the difference. It’s win win for him.

Edit - if we are terminating his contract you can bet your bottom dollar there is a significant pay off involved.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 30
    CAFCsayer said:
    He’s not going to lose out though is he. It’ll be a loan only. They may pay say 3k a week of his wages, we pay the difference. It’s win win for him.
    Read Cawley’s tweet above. We are mutually terminating his contract.

He won’t be getting as much money as before but he’ll be getting some kind of pay off from Charlton and / or signing bonus from his new club that makes up the difference in lost pay.

• Interesting there will be no departure for Terry Taylor then, wonder if Asiimwe will end up in the National League 
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Would imagine we will have had to compensate him to terminate the contract so it’s still a win win for him 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Mutual termination makes sense for all parties really. Just another TS signing that didn't live up to the billing. 

Real shame how much money we wasted - he did actually put some in to start with, just on Schwartz, Fraser, Kirk who we've literally had to pay to get rid of, Aneke who we knew couldn't play 90mins etc.
  • Dundee target McCowan replacement

Dundee will turn to Charlton's Scott Fraser once Luke McCowan heads to Celtic. 

Dens boss Tony Docherty wants the ex-Dundee United man to bolster his midfield. 

Scott Fraser of Charlton Athletic
    Scott Fraser of Charlton AthleticCredit: Getty

Fraser, 29, spent the second half of last season on loan with Hearts and is available once again. 

Dundee will bank around £1 million for their skipper when he moves on but are running out of time to replace him. 

Doc is a long-time admirer of Fraser's so the Tayside club are cranking up efforts to secure him now it seems McCowan is on his way.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/13442336/transfer-deadline-day-live-rangers-celtic-engels-bajrami-jota/

• NabySarr said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Would imagine we will have had to compensate him to terminate the contract so it’s still a win win for him 
    At this point I don’t think Charlton care a massive amount, just need him off the books.
  • thenewbie said:
    Presumably Fraser's getting some sort of "golden handshake" - probably not the entire value of his contract paid up but a certain proportion at least.
    I imagine that it's taken a while to agree the exact financial details, with Fraser's agent (correctly) wanting to maximise the payout, and us (correctly) wanting to minimise the payout. 

I'm assuming that financially Fraser will be worse off than if he stayed, but then a major reason for him leaving us is him wanting to return to Scotland, where wages are lower, but so too is the cost of living. 
  • Huddersfield fans and owner engaging in some heated discussions over Twitter as their loan deal for Joe Taylor appears to have fallen through.

Saw a tweet that their owner thought May was an overpay at £900k which I found very very amusing.