Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Aug 2024 Transfer Window Deadline Day Thread

Comments

• MarcusH26 said:
    Sancho to Chelsea is possibly one of the more bizarre moves. I know Mudryk has massively underperformed but Madueke is coming off a hat trick and an England senior callup 
    Adding yet another attacking midfielder to a squad stuffed with attacking midfielders.
    And then not signing Oshimen when they've needed a striker.
    Napoli ignored their last bid which makes it funnier.
  • edited August 30
    Southbank said:
    We could be looking at a bloated squad. At least 3/4 surplus players.
    That may be the problem. If we can’t get the likes of Fraser off the books then it may be a case of no more room at the Inn. Frustrating but understandable. 
  • It's odd that we have waited till now to deal with Fraser. Maybe another club have messed us about? 

I was hoping we would bring 1 or 2 in today but it seems very unlikely now, and looking at a free agent job. 

Overrall, a pretty decent window, but we could have done with the extra goalie and centre back at least. I'll give this window a 6.5/7 out of 10. I'd have given it a 9 if we kept May as well as the business we did.

Well done new owners, an usually sensible window, considering its Charlton. 
    9 out of 10 this window and please how were we going to keep May once he asked for a move and would have lost him
    fir free in 12 months ?
    Solid window I agree let’s back what we’ve got. I rest easier knowing NJ allows no one to slack. Alfie’s gone NJ deemed it the right deal otherwise he would still be here and Alfie wanted to go all happy only time will tell
  • 120 seconds!
  • We lost teddy bishop because players had to leave before signing him & also the keepers didn’t go our way so a 7/10. I’m not complaining! I really believe in what the manager and club are doing. 
  • Sponsored links:

• “We go again”
    Hayden Mullins
  • “We go again”
    Hayden Mullins
    Sliding doors, we could have been knocking on the doors of Europe , with him and Darren Purse.
  • Did anyone just hear a big bang???
  • LoOkOuT said:
    Did anyone just hear a big bang???
     Cue Kenneth Williams….
  • Sounds like Birmingham have paid £12m for Stansfield according to a Sky Sports reporter.

Fulham had their pants down - £1m added to the fee with each passing hour.
    Mental, he’s good, but not that good!
  • James Ward-Prowse has joined Forest on loan
  • Same price as Chiesa to Liverpool
  • Sponsored links:

• Sounds like Birmingham have paid £12m for Stansfield according to a Sky Sports reporter.

Fulham had their pants down - £1m added to the fee with each passing hour.
    "In excess of £12m" apparently. Chiesa cost Liverpool £10m + £2.5m in add ons, Billy Gilmour cost Napoli £12m, Mazroui cost Man U £12.8m, Ismaila Sarr cost Palace £12.5m. It is a CRAZY fee. I know he's young, I know he's a good player but that is so inflated. Tony Khan must be grinning like the Cheshire Cat
  • edited August 30
    Zaha signs on loan for Lyon. Another failed spell as soon as he leaves the stripeys.
  • Ivan Toney signed for Al-Ahli. I'm sure that it wasn't for the money. 
  • Everton trying to sign Armando Broja on loan
  • I understand that Birmingham spending £10m on 1 player has no impact on FFP rules if the owners can put that money in themselves (ie not loaned) but if I was the EFL I'd be pulling them in & questioning this. 6 months ago they were closing a stand as it was falling apart. I know they have new owners but spending £10m as a League One club is tantamount to mismanagement and it wouldm't take much for the club to be in serious trouble again.  

Their owners have got planning permission for a brand new ground moving the club away from St Andrews and building a campus style like Man City.  In the meantime time, even though they are planning on moving out of their ground, their owners have also invested £15M into St Andrews to stop it falling apart.  This is an ownership with very, very deep pockets whom have owned and run sports clubs in the States.  I think if the EFL called them in then the Brummie fans would go mental.
  • Fleming going Burnley from the scum. Shame.
    I'd bet on that!
  • I understand that Birmingham spending £10m on 1 player has no impact on FFP rules if the owners can put that money in themselves (ie not loaned) but if I was the EFL I'd be pulling them in & questioning this. 6 months ago they were closing a stand as it was falling apart. I know they have new owners but spending £10m as a League One club is tantamount to mismanagement and it wouldm't take much for the club to be in serious trouble again.  

Their owners have got planning permission for a brand new ground moving the club away from St Andrews and building a campus style like Man City.  In the meantime time, even though they are planning on moving out of their ground, their owners have also invested £15M into St Andrews to stop it falling apart.  This is an ownership with very, very deep pockets whom have owned and run sports clubs in the States.  I think if the EFL called them in then the Brummie fans would go mental.
    Birmingham best get promoted this season or they’re bang in trouble with FFP I’d imagine.
    Huge gamble.
    Tbf to him he’s had to work his way up the leagues after being let go by Newcastle. Getting on a bit now too. 
  • CafcSCP said:
    I understand that Birmingham spending £10m on 1 player has no impact on FFP rules if the owners can put that money in themselves (ie not loaned) but if I was the EFL I'd be pulling them in & questioning this. 6 months ago they were closing a stand as it was falling apart. I know they have new owners but spending £10m as a League One club is tantamount to mismanagement and it wouldm't take much for the club to be in serious trouble again.  

Birmingham best get promoted this season or they’re bang in trouble with FFP I’d imagine.
    Huge gamble.

No, they won't be.