Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Aug 2024 Transfer Window Deadline Day Thread

Comments

• ButtleJR said:
    https://x.com/GeorgeSmithCov/status/1829462269681336769?t=dBtiDIXUJiGBz7J4YoNJHA&s=19

Not sure on reliability of this account but "Led to believe Brad collins to #CAFC is a done deal."
    Like the sound of him.
  • 11 hours for Charlton to buy the X- factor player 🤔

I believe the writings on the wall ?

Welcome Bromley born Matt Terry. 
  • https://x.com/alex_cafc47/status/1829462106317414403?s=46&t=A-w3Eq0EWWpjMxring904Q

Several Coventry fans replying to the GK photo saying it’s not Collins in the background.
  • Scoham said:
    https://x.com/sportspeteo/status/1829467747861835778?s=46&t=A-w3Eq0EWWpjMxring904Q

Birmingham close to signing a midfielder but frustrated that the Stansfield bid was rejected.
    All going to end in tears surely. They're spending like a top 4 Championship club. 
  • Plaaayer said:
    Only thing that would give me greater pleasure this season than seeing Birmingham implode would be us finishing above them. 
    Why not both? Dream big
  • I wonder where Macaulay Bonnes off to?
  • So strange to have heard nothing about our deadline day from Rich Cawley, not even on potential outgoings.

I think if nothing was happening at all we’d have heard. Fits with what Jones said, we’ll keep working on potential signings as long as we can and I guess they want to give away as little info as possible.
  • Sponsored links:

• FAVADDICK said:
    Anyone recognise  the goalkeeper in the background 
    But, it could be Dan Bentley, Joe Lumley or George Long.

Ben Hamer? (No idea if he still has his beard)
  • edited August 30
    That’s not Dan Bentley. Firstly it just isn’t him, secondly would have 0 chance anyway. 
  • Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    So strange to have heard nothing about our deadline day from Rich Cawley, not even on potential outgoings.

I think if nothing was happening at all we’d have heard. Fits with what Jones said, we’ll keep working on potential signings as long as we can and I guess they want to give away as little info as possible.
    👋🏻 Hi Rich, he must be reading this thread. Nothing on incomings though 🫤

coming from the derby end …

Under that post… Would love Bradley to complete our defense

• Scoham said:
    Saw this on Twitter/X, good summary of our depth. LCB is the obvious weakness, while

Taylor doesn’t seem to be rated by NJ so it could be argued a more attacking midfielder would be a good option there if we can find one and move Taylor on.

Of course things could change if any of the youngsters are loaned out.

With Edwards out I can see Edun staying for now, and he can also cover midfield if required.

It’s a good illustration but why use abbreviations and first names if it’s to inform those who don’t already know?
    Who is ’gas?’ 
    Isn’t Zach the first name of Mitchell?
    This reminds me of bloody first names on Premier League players’ shirts. What’s the point?
  • Sonny Bradley was linked early in the summer, but then went quiet.
  • Scoham said:
    Saw this on Twitter/X, good summary of our depth. LCB is the obvious weakness, while

Taylor doesn’t seem to be rated by NJ so it could be argued a more attacking midfielder would be a good option there if we can find one and move Taylor on.

With Edwards out I can see Edun staying for now, and he can also cover midfield if required.

It’s a good illustration but why use abbreviations and first names if it’s to inform those who don’t already know?
    Who is ’gas?’ 
    This reminds me of bloody first names on Premier League players’ shirts. What’s the point?
    Because it's been made by a fan probably for their personal use 

This hasn't come from any official club source or anything 
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

Who is ’gas?’ 
    Gas is clearly GASsan Ahadme
  • I’d be disappointed more than anything if we didn’t sign one more CB, we only have REG and Zach Mitchell as cover, I’d like another midfielder but only if TT goes, GK I’m really not fussed about 
  • Scoham said:

Who is ’gas?’ 
    We have two Mitchells, Alex and Zach who is our youth player 
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    I’d be disappointed more than anything if we didn’t sign one more CB, we only have REG and Zach Mitchell as cover, I’d like another midfielder but only if TT goes, GK I’m really not fussed about 
    In no rush to sign a goalie then?
  • swordfish said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    I’d be disappointed more than anything if we didn’t sign one more CB, we only have REG and Zach Mitchell as cover, I’d like another midfielder but only if TT goes, GK I’m really not fussed about 
    In no rush to sign a goalie then?
    I’d rather them take the time to sign the right one, rather than just anyone for the sake of it, I’ve been impressed with Mannion
  • Sonny Bradley was linked early in the summer, but then went quiet.

Was probably reliant on Derby making a couple of signings at CB 
  • jakecafc said:
    Scoham said:
    https://x.com/sportspeteo/status/1829467747861835778?s=46&t=A-w3Eq0EWWpjMxring904Q

Birmingham close to signing a midfielder but frustrated that the Stansfield bid was rejected.
    All going to end in tears surely. They're spending like a top 4 Championship club. 
    I’d be surprised if they aren’t in the premier league within 5 years. 

The owners have huge plans, huge new stadium, redevelopment of the area. The money they are spending now is peanuts compared to the sums being talked about for the rest of it. If they get Birmingham into the premier league, big new stadium and redevelopment of the area then the club will be worth hundreds of millions so spending £15m a summer now isn’t that crazy 
  • edited August 30
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    So strange to have heard nothing about our deadline day from Rich Cawley, not even on potential outgoings.

👋🏻 Hi Rich, he must be reading this thread. Nothing on incomings though 🫤

Tayo Edun, Nathan Asiimwe, Scott Fraser and Terry Taylor the potentials. #cafc https://t.co/HTL0GkKIjL

— Richard Cawley (@RichCawleySLP) August 30, 2024

No surprises there, maybe Edun with the Edwards injury... But then Watson can cover.
  • Edun a slight surprise to be on the list of potential outs if the Edwards injury is a couple of months.