Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Aug 2024 Transfer Window Deadline Day Thread

Comments

• Are any of our exes we may get some form of fee from in the likelihood for a move today?
  • Ademola Lookman seems the most likely, as there were rumours of a verbal agreement between Atalanta and PSV, Arsenol were lurking too
  • Are any of our exes we may get some form of fee from in the likelihood for a move today?
    Would be surprised. Gone quiet on Gomez & Lookman. Can always change of course but doesn't seem likely.
  • I wouldn’t mind us signing a forward than can hold
    it up a bit better for Godden or Campbell. Ahadme is being asked to do that at the moment but I’m not sure that’s his game. He may be a bit of a Paul Hayes situation. Unless Godden can do that? I don’t know enough about him. 
  • I wouldn’t mind us signing a forward than can hold
    it up a bit better for Godden or Campbell. Ahadme is being asked to do that at the moment but I’m not sure that’s his game. He may be a bit of a Paul Hayes situation. Unless Godden can do that? I don’t know enough about him. 
    Leaburn is great at that. Think Ahadme can be too if we can get the ball into his chest/feet not his head so much
  • Godden may arguably be our best hold up forward
  • Not The Top 20 podcast created a spreadsheet with every EFL signing, including their thoughts on the player.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HifRXEFB1JOkDbkWm8NSpSdHGzwVHN2C-QYSSSR2_g4/htmlview#
  • Scoham said:
    Not The Top 20 podcast created a spreadsheet with every EFL signing, including their thoughts on the player.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HifRXEFB1JOkDbkWm8NSpSdHGzwVHN2C-QYSSSR2_g4/htmlview#
    They've missed off Ahadme!
  • Ivan Toney going Saudi for £40m :-( 
  • Scoham said:
    Not The Top 20 podcast created a spreadsheet with every EFL signing, including their thoughts on the player.

Looks like they really rate Campbell 
  • Sponsored links:

Wouldn't bet your house on it. Same team are also working on a deal for Osimhen, wouldn't be surprised if they agreed that and pulled the plug on Toney. Still hope for us to get him yet 😉 
  • fenaddick said:
    Ivan Toney going Saudi for £40m :-( 
    Wouldn't bet your house on it. Same team are also working on a deal for Osimhen, wouldn't be surprised if they agreed that and pulled the plug on Toney. Still hope for us to get him yet 😉 
    Chelsea are after Osimhen as well 
  • fenaddick said:
    I wouldn’t mind us signing a forward than can hold
    Leaburn is great at that. Think Ahadme can be too if we can get the ball into his chest/feet not his head so much
    Here we go again.  Miles didn't do this last year, so he got shunted out to the right wing. He got bullied by div 1 defenders. 

He may be able to do it in time but atm he is not like his dad in that respect. There was none better in a Charlton shirt, other than perhaps Mark Bright imo. 
  • fenaddick said:
    I wouldn’t mind us signing a forward than can hold
    Here we go again.  Miles didn't do this last year, so he got shunted out to the right wing. He got bullied by div 1 defenders. 

He may be able to do it in time but atm he is not like his dad in that respect. There was none better in a Charlton shirt, other than perhaps Mark Bright imo. 
    He barely played last year, he did hold it up decently the season before. He's grown more and bulked out more, I have faith he can do it
  • Both Miles and Ahadme need to improve their hold up play, but I think they’ve both got the ability to do that and a coaching team who will help them get there. 
  • Scoham said:

https://www.ntt20.com/p/transfer-deadline-day-live

They are also doing a deadline day blog if anyone wants to follow the day but without the premier league nonsense 
  • Birmingham have put in a £10m bid for Jay Stansfield. Yep, £10m.
    Stansfield is good. But if you're spending £10m why not get someone much much better?
  • edited August 30
    Scoham said:

I never know what my opinions on our players are until they tell me ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Birmingham have put in a £10m bid for Jay Stansfield. Yep, £10m.
    53 Thoughts All Triathletes Have on the Bike  ACTIVE
  • Wonder how Alfie May is beginning to feel... Wont be surprised if he becomes more of a squad player
    He might not be they admitted they don’t have the money for both strikers and only have one slot in their squad .. so Toney could well end up at Chelsea yet .
  • If Birmingham make that £10m signing, and they don't get promotion this season, it will be hilarious. 
    Someone should looking at their wage out lay  they must be breaking EFL rules 
  • Birmingham have more money than sense, Stansfield is nowhere near a £10m signing