Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Aug 2024 Transfer Window Deadline Day Thread

Comments

• I'd like a GK to replace AMB, other than that, it's been really refreshing to not have any panic the last couple of days of the window. Well done CAFC. 
  • PWR. Preferred the old thread, this one is less exciting. Can we have it back please admin? 😉
  • All the transfer thread completists are gutted about swapping to this thread . Gives me an empty feeling…
  • Feels like your first day at school...🤪
  • edited August 29
    Feels like your first day at school...🤪
    Imagine a lot of posters will struggle to remember that feeling ;)
    Thanks Son...😉
  • Derby going after Liam Cooper. Wonder if that reignited interest in Sonny Bradley?
  • Bailey said:
    NabySarr said:
    NabySarr said:
    We still absolutely need to sign a left sided centre back. To not do so would be a huge risk as we’d be a Gillesphey injury away from being in trouble 
    Potts does not need to be signed by tomorrow night gives us more time to try and find common ground regarding wages .. 
    Is that not a bit risky though? What if we don’t end up signing him and then we end up short? 
    I think from the players point of view, it's a question of 'I think I'm worth this' that only works so far, as a free agent Pott's does have a bit of leeway, in the case of Fraser, unless he takes a cut in wages, he won't be going back to bonnie Scotland for a year and will probably become a bit more attractive to Scottish clubs at that point because he would be a free agent. What Fraser and Potts have to weigh up is how much their earning potential is affected by long term inactivity and in Potts case, his recent injuries. Personally, if what Potts is asking for now is outside of Charlton's structure then I wouldn't want to sign him even if we knocked him down. 
    In the case of Fraser, he wants to go to Scotland for personal reasons, so he also has to weigh up whether he's prepared to take a significant pay cut to get a move now.
  • It’s a bit of a shame we couldn’t have got rid of a few. I’m certain had we of done there may of been 3/4 better quality editions. Good window though! 
  • Bailey said:
    NabySarr said:
    NabySarr said:
    We still absolutely need to sign a left sided centre back. To not do so would be a huge risk as we’d be a Gillesphey injury away from being in trouble 
    Potts does not need to be signed by tomorrow night gives us more time to try and find common ground regarding wages .. 
    Is that not a bit risky though? What if we don’t end up signing him and then we end up short? 
    I think from the players point of view, it's a question of 'I think I'm worth this' that only works so far, as a free agent Pott's does have a bit of leeway, in the case of Fraser, unless he takes a cut in wages, he won't be going back to bonnie Scotland for a year and will probably become a bit more attractive to Scottish clubs at that point because he would be a free agent. What Fraser and Potts have to weigh up is how much their earning potential is affected by long term inactivity and in Potts case, his recent injuries. Personally, if what Potts is asking for now is outside of Charlton's structure then I wouldn't want to sign him even if we knocked him down. 
    In the case of Fraser, he wants to go to Scotland for personal reasons, so he also has to weigh up whether he's prepared to take a significant pay cut to get a move now.
    Can't be an easy decision, it's probably going to go to the wire with him and I would imagine it's a significant wage drop that he's looking at to get home. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone recognise  the goalkeeper in the background 
  • edited August 29
    FAVADDICK said:
    Anyone recognise  the goalkeeper in the background 

Could be a BMW?...🙄
  • Feels like your first day at school...🤪
    Is that big school ?  :#
  • FAVADDICK said:
    I'm going Mill Wannion
  • FAVADDICK said:
    I'm going Mill Wannion
    No it's not him 
  • I'd still like another experienced keeper
    Agree with this, while Mannion hasn't done anything wrong so far he's also not had much to do, I wouldn't say he's 'saved' us a goal yet through a worldie save or faced and collected constant balls into the box, so for me he's still as unproven as he was when we signed him as back up.

So keeper is still on my wishlist, although with the luck we've had so far trying to sign one I'm not confident we'll suddenly find a suitable one in the next 24 hours.

At least it's only on my wish list though rather than my definitely need list, which is a nice change of pace from prior windows.
    Agreed about Mannion. He’s had so little to do in terms of big saves because we’ve defended so well.
    He’s not had a game where he’s had to make save after save yet. Which is fantastic btw

• Looks slightly like Simon Sluga who I would be very happy with! Available on a free and ex Luton of course 
  • FAVADDICK said:
    That's David de Gea standing behind James Ward-Prowse.
  • Brad Collins?
  • edited August 29
  • Sponsored links:

• Looks slightly like Simon Sluga who I would be very happy with! Available on a free and ex Luton of course 
    Totally wrong hair colour for Sluga
  • fenaddick said:
    Looks slightly like Simon Sluga who I would be very happy with! Available on a free and ex Luton of course 
    Totally wrong hair colour for Sluga
    Yeah I’ve misremembered Sluga tbf, just googled him and it doesn’t look anything like him 
  • Looking at photos I’m 90% convinced it’s Collins
  • Lighter hair, bit of a beard… scouring the Premier League and Championship squad lists turned up these names

Dan Bentley, Joe Lumley, George Long, Connal Trueman
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    Looking at photos I’m 90% convinced it’s Collins
    Maybe it’s me as I think I need glasses but doesn’t look anything like him IMO (albeit not the best angle from the training ground) 
  • Snot Dangler, whatva great name for a footballer!
  • Lighter hair, bit of a beard… scouring the Premier League and Championship squad lists turned up these names

Dan Bentley, Joe Lumley, George Long, Connal Trueman
    Lumley had a shocker the other night, really put me off. Lis has gone to Gotzepe so I don’t think that’s a goer 
  • Scoham said:
    I mean can't blame him, he's too good for U21s and not ready for the first team. Would do him good