Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Aug 2024 Transfer Window Deadline Day Thread

Comments

• I know it’s just because of Luton but James Shea could be available because they’re after Mark Travers and already have Kaminski and Krul 
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    Looking at photos I’m 90% convinced it’s Collins
    Someone on Facebook said Collins too. Unless that was also you!
  • He's not "too good" for under 21's, but yes I think his first taste of men's football will be a good indication of where he is
  • Scoham said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Looking at photos I’m 90% convinced it’s Collins
    Someone on Facebook said Collins too. Unless that was also you!
    Nope not me…
  • FAVADDICK said:
    Anyone recognise  the goalkeeper in the background 
    Looks a bit like Artur Boruc…saying that he is 40 odd 😂
  • Would be great if it’s Bentley. Very good keeper. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Think a National League/National League South loan would be ideal for Casey until January. See if his outstanding goalscoring record translates. 
    Kanu benefitted from his loan spell in the NL and now we're a bit better equipped for strikers Casey would hopefully get a bit longer than Kanu did.
  • FAVADDICK said:

Could be Collins
  • sam3110 said:
    He's not "too good" for under 21's, but yes I think his first taste of men's football will be a good indication of where he is
    Maybe too good was an exaggeration but he's scored so many goals it's hard to see how he's learning much from his opponents at this stage
  • Sponsored links:

• Think the GK must be a free agent right? Otherwise there's no way they'd be training with us already. Looks most like Bentley but as they turned down bids from Arsenal for him that seems like a no go to me
  • FAVADDICK said:
    But, it could be Dan Bentley, Joe Lumley or George Long.

• Gavin Kilkenny has signed for Swindon 
  • Gavin Kilkenny has signed for Swindon 
    Poor Swindon
  • Is it possible that the GK is the triallist Tommy Reid who played for the U21s? I didn't see the game so just a guess
  • edited August 29
    NabySarr said:
    JamesSeed said:
    NabySarr said:
    We still absolutely need to sign a left sided centre back. To not do so would be a huge risk as we’d be a Gillesphey injury away from being in trouble 
    Possibly, but plenty of good LCBs haven’t been left footed. 
    And although they’re not easy to find, Exeter managed to sign a very good one. Tristan Crama, signed from Brentford (on loan, I think). 
    They don’t have to be left footed, but are any of our current options good enough to play out there? I wouldn’t be that confident in any of them, REG did it a bit in pre-season but I think we definitely need to sign someone more comfortable playing there 
    Thing is, we don’t really know. But Nathan Jones will know. If none of them are good enough to switch then I’m pretty sure he’ll want to sign one before the window ….. ….!
  • fenaddick said:
    Is it possible that the GK is the triallist Tommy Reid who played for the U21s? I didn't see the game so just a guess
    Wrong colour hair I think.
  • Can't see Casey going to a League Two club, in which case he won't need to move on loan before the end of today
  • Sponsored links:

• fenaddick said:
    Is it possible that the GK is the triallist Tommy Reid who played for the U21s? I didn't see the game so just a guess
    Was about to suggest that
  • Any word on Hylton?
  • Any word on Hylton?
    wouldn’t need to be done today but seems unlikely to me anyway. We have 6 strikers + Dixon as it is 
  • Still can't see it being a no signings day even if Potts wouldn't need to be done today. Think something will get done but it might need the Fraser situation being sorted whether he's sold/loaned or if we have to pay his contract up. 

2 out (Fraser and TT) and an LCB and GK in feels like the most likely scenario. But deadline day always throws up surprises. 
  • Think it will just be outs today
  • Can't see us bothering with a keeper now, unless a clear number 1 becomes available, which I just don't see.

LCB is an absolute must, if it's Potts, great, if that can't be done, another one has to come in, as Potts signing after the window is not a guarantee.

• Do we need him? No
    Do I still want him? Absolutely 
  • The goalie in the picture could be Jude Sadler (our U18 keeper).