Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oasis reunion?

Comments

• I’ve seen indications that successful applicants notified by either noon or 1700 today. No mention of when presale might open.
  • I’ve seen indications that successful applicants notified by either noon or 1700 today. No mention of when presale might open.
    It's anytime up to 5pm today.

They haven't announced when the pre-sale will be, but the assumption is that it would need to be tonight given general sale is 9am tomorrow.
  • edited August 30
    PopIcon said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    cafcpolo said:
    Gigs & Tours showing standing tickets @ £151 inc fees.

Seating ranges from £75 to £206.
    and just think, standard Knebworth tickets were £22.50.  Deary me!
    It was almost 30 years ago. Average house prices were under £60k and a ticket for the Glastonbury festival was £70.
    Average wages have basically doubled since 1996, whereas the tickets are 6 times more expensive.

You could argue it's because in the 90s artists made money from physical media etc too, whereas now the money is all in the concerts.

This isn't a hidden fact, it's common knowledge regards bands and money. Everything has increased exponentially irl too... other than wages.
  • se9addick said:
    So, anyone get lucky in the ballot?
    Never even got an email back 
    Me either
  • shine166 said:
    PopIcon said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    cafcpolo said:

It was almost 30 years ago. Average house prices were under £60k and a ticket for the Glastonbury festival was £70.
    Average wages have basically doubled since 1996, whereas the tickets are 6 times more expensive.

You could argue it's because in the 90s artists made money from physical media etc too, whereas now the money is all in the concerts.

This isn't a hidden fact, it's common knowledge. Everything has increased exponentially... other than wages.
    You'd think so but every time a price comparison type thing like this comes up people just say "well it was 30 years ago!" etc
  • Off that, came through early hours this morn
  • shine166 said:
    PopIcon said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    cafcpolo said:

This isn't a hidden fact, it's common knowledge. Everything has increased exponentially... other than wages.
    You'd think so but every time a price comparison type thing like this comes up people just say "well it was 30 years ago!" etc
    Really ? Other than tech, everything is more expensive 
  • At the end of the day they’ve refused all calls to come back over the last 15 years so the only way they would do would be for silly money and I’m afraid that’s reflected in the ticket prices. 

I’d be more inclined to ask why the likes of Bruce Springsteen and Taylor Swift charge so much when they’ve never been away and pretty much tour constantly. 

I’ll add that this doesn’t mean I’m happy paying these prices especially when I have four to shell out on but if that’s the only way to get them back then so be it. 
  • cafcpolo said:
    Just got my access code for the presale!!!
    Does it say when it starts?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 30
    Between 7 and 10 tonight
  • Last night I watched the start of Liam’s performance at Reading earlier this month. He was bloody awful. Some might not have liked his voice in the first place, others would argue that he had a certain unusual way and sound but whatever your opinion he used to sing. Now he just wails.
    I think I’d rather go to live Noël Gallagher’s HFB.

BTW, I bought all the Oasis albums within a month of their release so it’s not as though I don’t appreciate them. I just think that it will now be cringeworthy.
  • Just got my ballot code through, 7pm - 10pm tonight
  • shine166 said:
    PopIcon said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    cafcpolo said:

This isn't a hidden fact, it's common knowledge regards bands and money. Everything has increased exponentially irl too... other than wages.
    Was going to go to the largest waterpark in France today (https://oglisspark.fr/) but decided not to as it’s cold and rainy. Ticket prices have increased by over 10% since last year!
    Had mine too, hopefully it won't be a 3 hour wait.
    They'll be gone by 7.05. Start trying from 6.30 and you'll likely get lumped into a queue. That's my plan anyhow.
  • cafcpolo said:
    Just got my ballot code through, 7pm - 10pm tonight
    They'll be gone by 7.05. Start trying from 6.30 and you'll likely get lumped into a queue. That's my plan anyhow.
    Did you receive a link?
    Is it Ticketmaster?
  • Yep, link. Ticketmaster only.
  • Yep, link. Ticketmaster only.
    Not only a link, but also a presale code and you'll get a verification code from TM. Definitely making it as big a faff as poss.
  • I haven't received one  😞 looks like I'll have to hope for the best at getting a couple on Saturday. 
  • Sponsored links:

• They've tweeted to say all codes now been sent.
  • oddly i received 2 codes 
  • Well my expectation at the start of this was to not get a ticket and i'm a step closer to achieving that by not getting sent a code!
  • Really Like there songs but there a pair off knob heads
    Their grammar's good though ;)
    I guess we can thank Miss Hanbury, Mr Williams and Mr Fiddler for yours :-)
  • will be interesting to see how many they have on sale for each date. 

think more dates will be added....
  • will be interesting to see how many they have on sale for each date. 

think more dates will be added....
    Double bubble 
  • Assume I didn't get through the ballot then. 

Not going to bother with initial general sale, not worth the aggro, will wait for the inevitable 7/8 extra dates at Wembley to go on sale.
  • Already seen a Gallagher brother earlier this year, not in a hurry to see this 

• Spoke to the senior commercial / marketing guys at Wembley yesterday and he confirmed there are 10 days set aside at the stadium.

Also set to announce dates in the US shortly.

No panic - if you want to see them that much you will be able to see them.
    Anyone got any insight into when the extra Wembley dates might be?