Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oasis reunion?

Comments

• se9addick said:
    Are there any decent strategies for getting tickets when they go on sale or is it just going to be pure luck? 
    Have you registered for the pre-sale ballot?
  • Anyone else registered for the pre sale ballot but still not recieved a confirmation email?
  • Anyone else registered for the pre sale ballot but still not recieved a confirmation email?
    Yes, registered a whole 8 minutes ago 😂 
  • se9addick said:
    Are there any decent strategies for getting tickets when they go on sale or is it just going to be pure luck? 
    se9addick said:
    Is it legit?
    I registered last night but didn't get the email untill about 20 minutes ago. It seems to be taking a while to come through.
  • edited August 28
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    Is it legit?
    It appears to be

https://view.e.warnerrecords.com/?qs=d8ba420b490079e4d96e48389c1ab1e2a8cd76b4bddc5dc5391a92ab9beb03557abd24cb31952029f65d53b6e67e4cca06d349ecf8c82c70759f2dc0e6bd043b21e8e8a67fdc800dbbf8a9943d78be73
  • Most of the music I have bought in my live is from small bands in the early 90s, although I think the best decade for the sheer variety was the 80s.

I’m surprised that the 70s is so revered. Although there was some good and important artists, I’ve always thought it was an era that musically poor and that taste in general, especially fashion, was passed by.

I did buy David Soul’s ‘Don’t Give Up On Us’ though!

There has always been a mix of good, bad or indifferent music in every decade. Some iconic music emerged in the 70s whilst others grew out of the late 60s and smashed the 70s. As always, down to personal taste and the 70s spanned my age staring at 13 and ending at 23 so will clearly influence my music.

Pink Floyd (Animals, Darkside, Wish You Were Here and The Wall - all 70s)
    Rolling Stones - as much of a 70s band as a 60s band and their best album (Sticky Fingers) was 1971)
    Led Zeppelin - nuff said.
    Bowie's greatest decade
    Springsteen emerges
    Black Sabbath
    Deep Purple
    Punk - Pistols, Clash, Ramones et al

I could go on .....

Fashion? I would agree apart from the very early seventies with the Trojan Records years and all the fashion that came with the music.
  • The analogue to digital ‘musicianship’ seems to be the major change.
    In modern music do people actually play musical instruments that take eons of practice to master, and then gather a combination of other musicians with like minded approaches to form a band that can deliver live?
    I thought that these days months of expensive studio time can be recreated in moments using technology. 
    There has always been technology used, double tracking, echo, wah wah, electric guitars and the like, but it does seem a bit easier now, especially when those singing wonkily can get auto tune.
    There have been a lot of good bands, but the greatest collection of instrumental talent I can think of are in bands like Little Feat, the Band, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, and others from the era where you had to be able to play and deliver live.
    Did mine last night, and just got the email this morning
  • Sponsored links:

• Personally think they are overrated, but my partner likes them so I'm going to be trying to get a pair of tickets. 
    Yes also. 
  • seth plum said:
    The analogue to digital ‘musicianship’ seems to be the major change.
    In modern music do people actually play musical instruments that take eons of practice to master, and then gather a combination of other musicians with like minded approaches to form a band that can deliver live?
    I thought that these days months of expensive studio time can be recreated in moments using technology. 
    There has always been technology used, double tracking, echo, wah wah, electric guitars and the like, but it does seem a bit easier now, especially when those singing wonkily can get auto tune.
    There have been a lot of good bands, but the greatest collection of instrumental talent I can think of are in bands like Little Feat, the Band, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, and others from the era where you had to be able to play and deliver live.
    I go to download every year and the musicians are still making real music, playing real music. It's predominantly pop music that doesn't seem to have real music anymore. 
  • PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    MrOneLung said:
    PopIcon said:
    Liam has a great voice, unique in style and Noel has written two of the best records in the history of music. I saw Oasis at Earls Court in the 90s and they were immense live.
    I'm hot a fan a huge fan of their stuff from Be Here Now. Even still, it's a billion times better than anything that is currently in the pop charts. It shows how shit the current music scene is that crap like Taylor Swift can play multiple nights at Wembley.
    Why is being popular enough to sell out Wembley 8 times a bad thing ? 
    Most people will eat what's put in front of them.
    Does that include Oasis?

I say that as a fan.

Taylor Swift is bland and telegraphed. She’s real meat and potatoes, straight up and down, beef Wellington, "Don't trust the Argies!", dick in the vagina, cheddar cheese, and chicken tikka masala.

OK Ben Shapiro 
  • 70s has some classic music, but for me the 90's had the best variety of genres, whether you were into indie, hard rock, metal, EDM, rave, golden age hip hop, big beat, trip hoip... watched some Top of the Pops from the 90s recently, and that had everything on it. You could be in a tribe (I was an indie kid... recently saw OCS, Ash, Embrace,  Cast at a festival, every single person my age and wearing the same clothes haha) or try to listen to all of it. No point just focusing on "britpop" and saying the 90s were cack, 
  • Rothko said:
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    MrOneLung said:
    PopIcon said:
    Liam has a great voice, unique in style and Noel has written two of the best records in the history of music. I saw Oasis at Earls Court in the 90s and they were immense live.
    I'm hot a fan a huge fan of their stuff from Be Here Now. Even still, it's a billion times better than anything that is currently in the pop charts. It shows how shit the current music scene is that crap like Taylor Swift can play multiple nights at Wembley.
    Why is being popular enough to sell out Wembley 8 times a bad thing ? 
    Most people will eat what's put in front of them.
    Does that include Oasis?

I say that as a fan.

Taylor Swift is bland and telegraphed. She’s real meat and potatoes, straight up and down, beef Wellington, "Don't trust the Argies!", dick in the vagina, cheddar cheese, and chicken tikka masala.

OK Ben Shapiro 
    Come on now, we all know thanks to Ben and his wife that a WAP is a cause for medical concern. 
    Both me and Mrs Buckshee registered around 10pm last night and yet to receive the email. 

Registered my lad this morning as well. 
    I registered earlier this morning but not expecting the email through just yet. 
  • se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    Is it legit?
    It was announced on Oasis' own official twitter page and retweeted by Liam's so i would say yes.
  • Sponsored links:

• I registered at 10pm last night and email came through about an hour ago 
  • The Liam Gallagher Fan Club tweeted "Who would you like to see support Oasis?" to which Chris Difford has replied "Squeeze". Wouldn't be the worst warm up act in the world imho
    It's pretty close though.
  • PopIcon said:
    The Liam Gallagher Fan Club tweeted "Who would you like to see support Oasis?" to which Chris Difford has replied "Squeeze". Wouldn't be the worst warm up act in the world imho
    It's pretty close though.
    You mean that Oasis should be Squeeze's warm up act? 
  • IAgree said:
    Two great albums, the rest poor rip offs of a well know Mersey combo.

A notorious record in terms of playing live and no doubt the tickets will be eye wateringly expensive.

Very average band imo 

High flying…nah!
    Three if you include the Masterplan album!
  • se9addick said:
    IAgree said:
    Two great albums, the rest poor rip offs of a well know Mersey combo.

A notorious record in terms of playing live and no doubt the tickets will be eye wateringly expensive.

Very average band imo 

High flying…nah!
    Three if you include the Masterplan album!
    Arguably the best of the 3. 
    Received my email
  • shine166 said:
    Announcement is interesting on Glastonbury.  Appears to rule it out - only UK gigs, will not be televised - but the gigs start the week after the festival.  Lineups are never announced before the sales so they would say that, wouldn't they?  Comeback at Cardiff v headlining Glastonbury....

Wishfully thinking maybe as would watch it on TV but couldn't afford/justify tickets at Wembley!!
    If it's just about money they'll probably not do Glastonbury.
    Confirmed no Glastonbury.