Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oasis reunion?

Comments

• PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    MrOneLung said:
    PopIcon said:
    Liam has a great voice, unique in style and Noel has written two of the best records in the history of music. I saw Oasis at Earls Court in the 90s and they were immense live.
    I'm hot a fan a huge fan of their stuff from Be Here Now. Even still, it's a billion times better than anything that is currently in the pop charts. It shows how shit the current music scene is that crap like Taylor Swift can play multiple nights at Wembley.
    Why is being popular enough to sell out Wembley 8 times a bad thing ? 
    Most people will eat what's put in front of them.
    Does that include Oasis?

I say that as a fan.

Taylor Swift is bland and telegraphed. She’s real meat and potatoes, straight up and down, beef Wellington, "Don't trust the Argies!", dick in the vagina, cheddar cheese, and chicken tikka masala.

So you prefer your music up the shitter?
  • stonemuse said:
    BalladMan said:
    JaShea99 said:
    I’ve never ever understood the Oasis hype. Can anyone explain it?
    They were an Oasis of pretty good (if that's yer taste) in an era of generally terrible music
    The 90s was anything but an era of terrible music.  Along with the 60s, probably the height of British music exports globally. We had the biggest and best bands certainly from post-Nirvana to 1997/8
    all a matter of taste .. BUT, name a few great bands/music from the 90s
    Of course it's about taste, otherwise there wouldn't be multiple genres of music. 

You will disagree, but in my opinion 90s bands such as Oasis, Suede, Charlatans, Blur, were all great. 
    Agreed. But for me it’s the 70’s … best era often coincides with your teens and early 20’s.  
    Funny that! 
  • edited August 27
    Mard four et!

Not really my generation (born 1963) but in my opinion this lot defined the era they inhabited and provided the soundtrack as well.  One of those groups of artists with a proven catalogue of absolute bangers. 

Let's hope they do not debase the brand with this obvious and inevitable tin rattling exercise.
  • BalladMan said:
    JaShea99 said:
    They were an Oasis of pretty good (if that's yer taste) in an era of generally terrible music
    The 90s was anything but an era of terrible music.  Along with the 60s, probably the height of British music exports globally. We had the biggest and best bands certainly from post-Nirvana to 1997/8
    Of course it's about taste, otherwise there wouldn't be multiple genres of music. 

You will disagree, but in my opinion 90s bands such as Oasis, Suede, Charlatans, Blur, were all great. 
    The 60s was awful, without doubt the most overrated decade in music.

This is the correct order.

1970s
    1980s
    1990s
    2000s
    1960s
    1950s

Nothing else matters.
  • PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    MrOneLung said:
    PopIcon said:
    Liam has a great voice, unique in style and Noel has written two of the best records in the history of music. I saw Oasis at Earls Court in the 90s and they were immense live.
    I'm hot a fan a huge fan of their stuff from Be Here Now. Even still, it's a billion times better than anything that is currently in the pop charts. It shows how shit the current music scene is that crap like Taylor Swift can play multiple nights at Wembley.
    Does that include Oasis?

I say that as a fan.

Taylor Swift is bland and telegraphed. She’s real meat and potatoes, straight up and down, beef Wellington, "Don't trust the Argies!", dick in the vagina, cheddar cheese, and chicken tikka masala.

Have you been on the sauce today Lincs ? 
  • edited August 27
  • Sponsored links:

• PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    MrOneLung said:
    PopIcon said:
    Does that include Oasis?

I say that as a fan.

"Thankyou?" - Taylor Swift (probably)
  • Is that the last time Noel smiled?
  • BalladMan said:
    JaShea99 said:

none of the above are my cuppa T, however you like their music and that is all that matters, enjoy
  • edited August 27
    PopIcon said:
    BalladMan said:
    JaShea99 said:

1970s
    1980s
    1990s
    2000s
    1960s
    1950s

Nothing else matters.
    I absolutely agree with the 1970s at the top (by a mile) and the 1950s at the bottom (even I'm not that old) - but the 60s has to be second, it changed everything.

1970s
    1960s
    1990s
    1980s
    2000s
    1950s

• edited August 27
    1968-1972 best period.
  • bobmunro said:
    PopIcon said:
    BalladMan said:
    JaShea99 said:

1970s
    1980s
    1990s
    2000s
    1960s
    1950s

Nothing else matters.
    I absolutely agree with the 1970s at the top (by a mile) and the 1950s at the bottom (even I'm not that old) - but the 60s has to be second, it changed everything.

1970s
    1960s
    1990s
    1980s
    2000s
    1950s

I judge how good a band are, first on the quality of their records and then how good they are live.
    The 1960s is a way behind on quality albums, it didn't really pick up until 1965.
    75 to 84 is for me the pinnacle decade, it has everything.

Back on thread.

I was lucky enough to be a teenager when Oasis were at their height in the 90s. I'll try and get tickets, but won't be disspointed if i don't.
  • I've always been a fan of Oasis and also their solo work but I feel like this is well past it's sell-by date.
    I still can't really take it seriously. Noel clearly had enough of Liam and I get the feeling he's been badgered into this.
    I also can't trust Liam to actually stay on stage for the whole set, not get in a strop, not have an argument with Noel hours before the gig. Buying a ticket and travelling seems too risky to me.
  • BalladMan said:
    JaShea99 said:

Plus Pulp, Radiohead, Prodigy, Divine Comedy, Travis, Coldplay (early stuff was very good), Supergrass etc
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 27
    BalladMan said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Oasis, Blur, Pulp, Suede considered the big boys of the Brit rock/pop backed up by some just as great bands.

Ocean colour scene, Dodgy, shed seven, supergrass, Kula Shaker, catatonia, The lightening seeds*, manic street preachers*, cast, verve and a few one hit wonders.

Would you like a list of songs to hear some examples?

I was single digit age throughout the 90's but my old man is a big music head (playing and listening) so while my sister was doing her Take That act I was headphones on getting a proper musical education from the Beatles to Zappa.

* Technically formed in the 80's but had their proper years in the 90's.
  • Any music before 1984 and after 1998 is shit according to my taste, but I’d never presume to tell someone else that they are wrong if they disagree.

• edited August 27
    I must be very strange (stop it!)

If it's good I likes it. My tastes continue to become more eclectic as I kreep into my 60's

Saying that, we are defined by our era and I am at heart a mod revivalist once removed from the late late 70's early early 80's.
  • I'm definitely going for tickets. Anyone else?
  • Foxycafc said:
    I'm definitely going for tickets. Anyone else?
    You and about 17 million others 

I hold a glimmer of hope as Noel Gallagher has form for kicking back against resale/dynamic pricing sites but in reality the tickets will sell out in 0.2 seconds or however long it takes for the big sites to buy them all up in bulk and reappear moments later for three times the face value. 

• PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    MrOneLung said:
    PopIcon said:
    Does that include Oasis?

I say that as a fan.

your opinion, however millions of people like their music bland, inoffensive but well produced and accessible .. M O R rules lol
    MOR…You’re obviously well suited to Lincolnshire!  😉
  • Soccer AM was great back in those days.
  • I wont be going but good luck to those that do. Enjoy your night out. 
  • Are there any decent strategies for getting tickets when they go on sale or is it just going to be pure luck? 
  • Most of the music I have bought in my live is from small bands in the early 90s, although I think the best decade for the sheer variety was the 80s.

I’m surprised that the 70s is so revered. Although there was some good and important artists, I’ve always thought it was an era that musically poor and that taste in general, especially fashion, was passed by.

I did buy David Soul’s ‘Don’t Give Up On Us’ though!