Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oasis reunion?

Comments

• They are in it for the money and frankly likely laughing at the ‘fans’ who are foolish enough to pay silly sums to see them. 
    If people enjoy it why is it foolish? 
  • edited August 26
    Saw Liam Gallagher at Mad Cool in Madrid last year with a hell of a lot of travelling Mancs (and other Brits) over for him. They make plenty of money solo doing the Oasis numbers (which the majority of the crowd want) was the act of the day, outshining RHCP.

The fans have wanted it for a long time, foolish? Nope, would love to go and see Oasis proper!
  • Been to 2x Liam gigs (Knebworth 2022, Belfast last week) and they’re much more of the Oasis vibe than the Noel shows.

Yeah, they were rowdy but actually far more behaved than what I expected. Keep in mind half the audience are 15 years older now from when Oasis were together.

I saw Oasis on their last show at Wembley just a few weeks before breaking up. Loved the show, but the amount of idiots there was through the roof. I actually think it would be a bit more toned down nowadays. The fans are a bit older, and a lot of people are focused on their smartphones rather than going mental.  
  • Just watched Liam at Reading last night. 50 minutes and as far as I recall all but one song was an Oasis one.
  • Just hope they dont look back in anger afterwards
  • 30 years this week when the debut album was released.

Earls Court, Maine Road, Knebworth. Great days. 

Can I be asked to go again if the rumours are true? Possibly but it won’t be cheap. 
  • Hope so and can’t wait to see them live. Missed out first time around. Will hopefully be Glastonbury if tix cannot be sourced for a London date, or both…
  • edited August 26
     I read this elsewhere:

’Save money by staying at home and listening to the Beatles whilst sniffing cheap cocaine (?) and getting somebody to throw a bottle of piss over you intermittently’

• Sponsored links:

• edited August 26
    Just watched Liam at Reading last night. 50 minutes and as far as I recall all but one song was an Oasis one.
    His tour this Summer is to celebrate 30 years of Oasis’ debut album. Only playing songs that were recorded from that period. Not even playing Wonderwall or anything from Morning Glory. 

I think the original plan was to then do a Morning Glory anniversary tour next year, but that’s looking unlikely now for obvious reasons
  • I’ve never ever understood the Oasis hype. Can anyone explain it?
  • Lots of digs at Oasis. Definitely Maybe and Morning Glory were outstanding albums and their best work was in their B-Sides at the time IMO. 

During the mid 90's they had a huge part in getting me more into music and were a gateway into me discovering bands from the 60's, 70's and 80's 

I know they are not to everyone's taste and I understand the reasons why. It was right place, right time for me to become a fan. BUT to discount them as a Bootleg Beatles Band is unfair. They had a huge impact on British music along with Blur and many other great bands of the time. 

As for the lad culture side of things, I think channeling your energy into music when you feel left behind and directionless in society is much better than reading Twitter all day and smashing up Librarys. Oasis spoke to people in this country in 1994 who felt invisible, it's in their lyrics and Noel could speak to that too, growing up in that environment. 
    Ok then, bootleg status quo
  • Went to their last ever gig. And only really went to see Kasabian..
    No thank you. Some right bells follow Oasis
  • Someone above did a fairly good job, but ok.
  • seth plum said:
     I read this elsewhere:

’Save money by going to a Milleall home game whilst sniffing cheap cocaine (?) and getting somebody to throw a bottle of piss over you intermittently’

• Sponsored links:

• just got my 2 tickets. who else is going? 
  • They are in it for the money and frankly likely laughing at the ‘fans’ who are foolish enough to pay silly sums to see them. 
    If people enjoy it why is it foolish? 
    Foolish if they pay silly sums. 

Everyone’s choice and I know I have paid too much for other events too. 

I still believe they like all ‘stars’ must sit back and think ‘well if they are going to pay that much to watch me on a screen at a venue…then why not profit from it’. 

I just see them as 2 ordinary blokes (as were) who will reflect on the absurdity of being able to make silly money from it. 
  • Absolutely. I never said shit though. Also, I’m fairly certain that I could back up any music genres or artists I enjoy listening to. Hence why I asked if someone could explain the Oasis hype.
  • Theres no need to explain anything, you either enjoy the music or you don’t.
  • JaShea99 said:
    Absolutely. I never said shit though. Also, I’m fairly certain that I could back up any music genres or artists I enjoy listening to. Hence why I asked if someone could explain the Oasis hype.
    So who do you like ? 
  • edited August 26
    What sets Oasis apart from most is not only the music, but the personalities as well. Two absolutely enormous ones, who came across as regular working class people and were not clean cut pop star types like everyone else.

Some people will find them arrogant, but many find them inspirational. The songs/lyrics typically talk about positivity and grabbing life by the horns. 

How many bands can you realistically name that gives ‘lads’ the chance to sing their hearts out as if they’re at a football match whilst not feeling like they’re at a Take That or East 17 gig?

Not many have pulled that off. They are absolutely perfect for that beer swigging, football lad type crowd. That’s partly why they’re polarising - because it’s not for everyone in 2024 where more and more people are a bit more reserved and ‘lad culture’ is seen as a bit dated.
  • I do love the battle between the "Never liked Oasis" crowd, and the "I deserve tickets more than you" brigade

Trying to gatekeep one of Britain's biggest bands is a tough task
  • just got my 2 tickets. who else is going? 
    Liam and Noel might roll with it.