Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oasis reunion?

Comments

• No idea what else is happening at Cardiff or Heaton Park around those dates but it's a bit strange their first gig back isn't in Manchester.
  • Websites selling tickets are going to crash on Saturday.

I'm sure the scammers will pick up any slack ;)
  • No idea what else is happening at Cardiff or Heaton Park around those dates but it's a bit strange their first gig back isn't in Manchester.
    Fine tuning at Cardiff so that they're properly ready at Manchester
  • Announcement is interesting on Glastonbury.  Appears to rule it out - only UK gigs, will not be televised - but the gigs start the week after the festival.  Lineups are never announced before the sales so they would say that, wouldn't they?  Comeback at Cardiff v headlining Glastonbury....

Wishfully thinking maybe as would watch it on TV but couldn't afford/justify tickets at Wembley!!
     Croke Park could be televised?
  • Just looked at Cardiff hotel prices for their first gigs 😂 

I’ll be trying for Wembley 25th July and Croke Park

What sort of figures are they asking for Cardiff hotels?

You've just got to roll with it, and take your time.
  • edited August 27
    Just looked at Cardiff hotel prices for their first gigs 😂 

What sort of figures are they asking for Cardiff hotels?
    People like Premier Inn haven't caught on yet by the looks of it, as the prices are completely normal - £120 at the one nearest the stadium, on a weekend in the summer.  £50 at ones a mile down the road.
  • be amazed if there aren't a shed load more dates announced after the weekend when these sell out within minutes 
  • Sponsored links:

• The big question is … Will Alan White be on drums 🤔
  • edited August 27
    _MrDick said:
    The big question is … Will Alan White be on drums 🤔
    Will be Chris Sharrock, I'm sure.

Bonehead/Gem Archer is the interesting one for me as Liam and Noel both got one in the divorce.  Think it'll be Gem Archer though, unless it's both.
  • Good to see them back together for whatever reason, they made some excellent music as a band.  I never really liked Liam but have to admire his balls (not literally) when he belts them out.  I always thought Noel was the more talented and loved the HFB stuff. Let's hope they can replicate or even improve on what they've done so far.
  • _MrDick said:

Bonehead/Gem Archer is the interesting one for me as Liam and Noel both got one in the divorce.  Think it'll be Gem Archer though, unless it's both.
    Gem Archer is a definite, played with Beady Eye, and when that went down joined the The High Flying Birds.

Will be the blokes from High Flying Birds plus Liam
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    _MrDick said:

Gem Archer is a definite, played with Beady Eye, and when that went down joined the The High Flying Birds.

Will be the blokes from High Flying Birds plus Liam
    Don’t forget her! 
  • MrOneLung said:
    PopIcon said:
    Liam has a great voice, unique in style and Noel has written two of the best records in the history of music. I saw Oasis at Earls Court in the 90s and they were immense live.
    I'm hot a fan a huge fan of their stuff from Be Here Now. Even still, it's a billion times better than anything that is currently in the pop charts. It shows how shit the current music scene is that crap like Taylor Swift can play multiple nights at Wembley.
    Why is being popular enough to sell out Wembley 8 times a bad thing ? 
    Most people will eat what's put in front of them.
  • edited August 27
    PopIcon said:
    MrOneLung said:
    PopIcon said:
    Liam has a great voice, unique in style and Noel has written two of the best records in the history of music. I saw Oasis at Earls Court in the 90s and they were immense live.
    I'm hot a fan a huge fan of their stuff from Be Here Now. Even still, it's a billion times better than anything that is currently in the pop charts. It shows how shit the current music scene is that crap like Taylor Swift can play multiple nights at Wembley.
    Does that include Oasis?

I say that as a fan.

• Since Oasis broke up in 2009 Charlton have had 16 managers, 23 if you include caretakers (Not duplicating for caretakers that become the appointed manager), and I think 5 owners. 
  • Sponsored links:

• JaShea99 said:
    I’ve never ever understood the Oasis hype. Can anyone explain it?
    They were an Oasis of pretty good (if that's yer taste) in an era of generally terrible music
  • JaShea99 said:
    They were an Oasis of pretty good (if that's yer taste) in an era of generally terrible music
    Not sure I agree with the era being terrible, but I appreciate the effort.
  • BalladMan said:
    JaShea99 said:
    The 90s was anything but an era of terrible music.  Along with the 60s, probably the height of British music exports globally. We had the biggest and best bands certainly from post-Nirvana to 1997/8
    all a matter of taste .. BUT, name a few great bands/music from the 90s
  • I almost went with 'PARKLIFE!' at the end of that, but seemed inappropriate on an Oasis thread.
  • PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    MrOneLung said:
    PopIcon said:
    Does that include Oasis?

I say that as a fan.

Taylor Swift is bland and telegraphed. She’s real meat and potatoes, straight up and down, beef Wellington, "Don't trust the Argies!", dick in the vagina, cheddar cheese, and chicken tikka masala.

your opinion, however millions of people like their music bland, inoffensive but well produced and accessible .. M O R rules lol
  • A wise man once said “We don’t know a word to the verse, all we know is the chorus because the chorus repeats the same four words for us.”