Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oasis reunion?

Comments

• Rumour has it that it won't be any of the original Oasis line-up, it'll essentially be NGHFB + Liam
  • I’m going to be getting tickets for this, well definitely maybe.
  • Liam has a great voice, unique in style and Noel has written two of the best records in the history of music. I saw Oasis at Earls Court in the 90s and they were immense live.
    I'm hot a fan a huge fan of their stuff from Be Here Now. Even still, it's a billion times better than anything that is currently in the pop charts. It shows how shit the current music scene is that crap like Taylor Swift can play multiple nights at Wembley.
  • A lot of of ‘I don’t like some bands/artists that are very popular and don’t understand it’ on here 
  • PopIcon said:
    Liam has a great voice, unique in style and Noel has written two of the best records in the history of music. I saw Oasis at Earls Court in the 90s and they were immense live.
    I'm hot a fan a huge fan of their stuff from Be Here Now. Even still, it's a billion times better than anything that is currently in the pop charts. It shows how shit the current music scene is that crap like Taylor Swift can play multiple nights at Wembley.
    Why is being popular enough to sell out Wembley 8 times a bad thing ? 
  • Seen them loads of times, saw one of their last gigs at Wembley and can still remember now the feeling of exhaustion of the behaviour of a lot of the crowd. I love boisterousness as much as the next football fan but the piss throwing was incessant and was an ever growing thing at oasis shows.

I love Oasis however and would love to see them one last time live, I'm very anxious however as until they are up on stage actually performing you can't discount and last minute hitches as in Liam Gallagher being Liam Gallagher to the point Noel decides he doesn't need the money or the aggro. 

Hopefully the announcement tomorrow is they are going to see of they can make an album without a murder death kill first then see what happens. 
  • The reasons for them potentially getting back together don't bother me personally. I find modern music to be utter shite and if there is a chance to see them...I will happily help line the bands pockets as I feel it would be an amazing experience to see them again! 
  • I've never seen Oasis or particularly wanted to see them live, but there were an excellent band in their heyday, and from a great period of British music when so many bands came through, indeed the last period when so many came through at the same time, and there was such an exciting scene.
  • Can’t wait, seen them both separately this year.

saw them in 96 at Earls Court and Wembley arena and then again in one of their last gigs (if not the last) at Wembley stadium in 2009?!?!….supported by Kasabian and the Enemy.

best live band I’ve seen and I’ll happily pay whatever to see them one last time. Even my teenage daughters are already badgering me to buy them tickets as well 
  • Sponsored links:

• Apparently leaked details. No idea if it's even close to the real plans though. 
  • Be a bit difficult - apparently Dua Lipa has Wembley dates for a couple of those nights!

• Apparently leaked details. No idea if it's even close to the real plans though. 
    Load of old rubbish, look at the list of DJs and Phil Smith ain’t on it. Considering he’s Noel’s tour DJ and one of his best mates he would be the first name on that. 
  • Oh they may play Heaton Park, stick Paul Heaton on the list
  • Today, is going to be the day….
  • 20 minutes to go...
  • it's happening...
  • Only 4 at Wembley is a surprise. Wonder if they'll add any more dates later.
  • Sponsored links:

• Only 4 at Wembley is a surprise. Wonder if they'll add any more dates later.
    Can't see them not doing 4 more once those tickets fly. 
  • I reckon They were originally announcing this but then all the hype built up so they’ve quickly announced a tour that will be cancelled before tickets go on sale

• shine166 said:
    Only 4 at Wembley is a surprise. Wonder if they'll add any more dates later.
    Can't see them not doing 4 more once those tickets fly. 
    Yeah i feel like they've specifically only announced weekend dates for now, and will later add midweek ones once tickets sell out in about 1 hour.

Interestingly Glastonbury is the weekend before the first Cardiff gig, so i wonder if they'll do that as well?
  • Websites selling tickets are going to crash on Saturday.
  • Websites selling tickets are going to crash on Saturday.
    100%. Sites will crash, all tickets sold out in minutes, and then conveniently thousands will be on resale sites for 10 times the price within 15 minutes.
  • I've enquired with my contacts for hospitality at any of the venues - don't fancy being in the main crowd but if that's all that I can get then my dress code for the day will be:

• edited August 27
    Announcement is interesting on Glastonbury.  Appears to rule it out - only UK gigs, will not be televised - but the gigs start the week after the festival.  Lineups are never announced before the sales so they would say that, wouldn't they?  Comeback at Cardiff v headlining Glastonbury....

Wishfully thinking maybe as would watch it on TV but couldn't afford/justify tickets at Wembley!!
  • Well that was a surprise, never expected that announcement. 
  • edited August 27
    Announcement is interesting on Glastonbury.  Appears to rule it out - only UK gigs, will not be televised - but the gigs start the week after the festival.  Lineups are never announced before the sales so they would say that, wouldn't they?  Comeback at Cardiff v headlining Glastonbury....

Wishfully thinking maybe as would watch it on TV but couldn't afford/justify tickets at Wembley!!
    If it's just about money they'll probably not do Glastonbury.
  • Thing is if they are charging silly money for tickets then they can’t be doing festivals where you may well pay similar for the whole weekend. 

I get the feeling they’ll do the ones next year and all goes by well they’ll do multiple date at Knebworth the year after.