Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oasis reunion?

Comments

• What chances any wembley tickets will cost less than £120?

Whether or not the Gallagher brothers and their hired hands will be any good on the night will be overshadowed by the massive coterie of pissed up coke addled dickheads ruining it for everybody else proving in bovine fashion how they're mad-for-it.  I'll keep my 200 sovs for a less unedifying day out, maybe at an abattoir or sewage farm. 
    Last 2 oasis shows I attended were populated by a majority of entitled bellends without whom the nation would be much better off.  I doubt 5% of them have any genuine recollection of the gigs.
  • cafctom said:
    The amount of chin-stroking, wannabe music expert types this reunion is triggering is brilliant. 

Whether you like them or not, it’s about time Britain had a massive rock band back on top that appeals to all ages. 

You don't need to be a music expert, wannabe or otherwise, to know what you like and what you don't like. We are not all the same - and amen to that.

And I'm really not sure what nationality has to do with it. 

I personally like Oasis, not my favourite band but they made some banging anthems. But I don't like them enough to pay £12k for six seats in Club Wembley with nothing other than the seats as the package. I was offered that 2 hours ago and for a moment thought yes, but then I thought f*ck me no. Last summer I saw Springsteen at Hyde Park - fantastic food and drink Hospitality in the Bulgari Hotel pre-concert and then the Great Oak hospitality area with a great view and unlimited booze for 6 hours for less than half that.
  • Look at you ;)
  • Redhenry said:
    Look at you ;)
    Never seen a poor bookie and all that 😉 
  • edited August 28
    bobmunro said:
    cafctom said:
    The amount of chin-stroking, wannabe music expert types this reunion is triggering is brilliant. 

Whether you like them or not, it’s about time Britain had a massive rock band back on top that appeals to all ages. 

You don't need to be a music expert, wannabe or otherwise, to know what you like and what you don't like. We are not all the same - and amen to that.

And I'm really not sure what nationality has to do with it. 

I personally like Oasis, not my favourite band but they made some banging anthems. But I don't like them enough to pay £12k for six seats in Club Wembley with nothing other than the seats as the package. I was offered that 2 hours ago and for a moment thought yes, but then I thought f*ck me no. Last summer I saw Springsteen at Hyde Park - fantastic food and drink Hospitality in the Bulgari Hotel pre-concert and then the Great Oak hospitality area with a great view and unlimited booze for 6 hours for less than half that.
    You’re absolutely right in your first statement. But it doesn’t seem to stop a herd of people wading into Oasis conversations telling everyone how overrated they think they are. 

And I brought “Britain” into it, because we are a country who has had an enormous influence on rock music, and it’s one our country can be proud about. We’ve not had that major rock name in a while. 

Not to mention the fact that big British rock bands can put on massive shows in British stadiums for us to enjoy and for up to 1 million people to see live, on our doorsteps. And it’s bloody great that we’ve got one back seemingly out of nowhere. 
  • edited August 28
    I think the prices will be slightly more than the Blur tickets last summer.

• Gold circle – £147.20
    • Standing – £101.10
    • Seats – £112.60 / £101.10 / £89.60 / £78.05
  • May be an image of 2 people

Back together for one last job.
  • se9addick said:
    IAgree said:
    Two great albums, the rest poor rip offs of a well know Mersey combo.

A notorious record in terms of playing live and no doubt the tickets will be eye wateringly expensive.

Very average band imo 

High flying…nah!
    Three if you include the Masterplan album!
    Arguably the best of the 3. 
    Was going to chime in with this but didn't want to be overly controversial. 
  • cafctom said:

Whether you like them or not, it’s about time Britain had a massive rock band back on top that appeals to all ages
    I don't know that Oasis does that. I think they appeal to Gen Xers and us older Millennials old enough to just about remember the 90s/naughties, and probably some who came along after. 

If you want big and British, I hear Ed Sheeran is fucking massive.
  • SDAddick said:
    cafctom said:

Whether you like them or not, it’s about time Britain had a massive rock band back on top that appeals to all ages
    I don't know that Oasis does that. I think they appeal to Gen Xers and us older Millennials old enough to just about remember the 90s/naughties, and probably some who came along after. 

The lads in my U18 side and daughter’s age group (+ 2 years) can’t wait. This band’s legacy has lived on to a lesser extent than their power combined through their solo careers and the biggest bangers being kept front and centre of their young minds. 
  • Sponsored links:

• shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Announcement is interesting on Glastonbury.  Appears to rule it out - only UK gigs, will not be televised - but the gigs start the week after the festival.  Lineups are never announced before the sales so they would say that, wouldn't they?  Comeback at Cardiff v headlining Glastonbury....

Wishfully thinking maybe as would watch it on TV but couldn't afford/justify tickets at Wembley!!
    If it's just about money they'll probably not do Glastonbury.
    Confirmed no Glastonbury. 
    Shame!  Them starting just after it raised the possibility a bit, but majes sense that they are back together for the cash and their own concerts v Glastonbury will make that.
  • SDAddick said:
    cafctom said:

I think you're wrong about this. Ed Sheeran is only popular because mainstream music is so bad.

• I registered for the presale at 5.30 am but have not received anything yet. Hopefully just in a backlog as it's now closed.
  • I registered for the presale at 5.30 am but have not received anything yet. Hopefully just in a backlog as it's now closed.
    They posted that any applications before the cut off will count, just big delays due to the numbers
  • cafctom said:
    SDAddick said:
    cafctom said:

Look around the crowd at any Liam Gallagher concert - ages from young twenties to people in their 60s. Oasis are the band a lot of current youth wish they had, but don’t (until now). 

Yes there does seem to be a real void in the music scene at the moment, I'm struggling to think of any major bands that have broken through in the last 15 years.

Oasis had quite a blokey following, I can't imagine the equivalent teens and 20 somethings of now following Ed Sheeran or Billie Eilish in the same way.
  • cafctom said:
    SDAddick said:
    cafctom said:

Look around the crowd at any Liam Gallagher concert - ages from young twenties to people in their 60s. Oasis are the band a lot of current youth wish they had, but don’t (until now). 

Songs like Wonderwall and Don’t Look Back In Anger are the sort that are in a special category of being instantly recognisable. 
    Even younger than that, took my 13 year old lad and was surprised how many others his age were in the Pilot beforehand. 
  • Sponsored links:

• My favourite band. Seen before obviously. Depends what mood Liam turns up in tbh. Can’t decide if I’ll go to this or not though. 
    I still havent recieved anything either.
  • Like the music but the pair of them are such cocks I can't be bothered to even entertain trying to get tickets
  • 3 new dates already added for Wembley, Edinburgh, Heaton Park. 
  • Was always going to be the case and i'd be very surprised if they don't add more.
  • They apparently had 5 extra dates lined up @ Wembley if demand required. So that's one down!
  • Spoke to the senior commercial / marketing guys at Wembley yesterday and he confirmed there are 10 days set aside at the stadium.

Also set to announce dates in the US shortly.

No panic - if you want to see them that much you will be able to see them.
  • Was always going to be the case and i'd be very surprised if they don't add more.
    Said the same myself, they'll double up on Wembley at least.