Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oasis reunion?

Comments

• No ballot code. Will try on the general sale tomorrow but chances are incredibly slim. 
  • I'd guess the weeknights in between their first / last booked weekend....stage etc will be in situ 
  • I'd guess the weeknights in between their first / last booked weekend....stage etc will be in situ 
    Yeah that was pretty obvious wasn’t it? 🙈
  • Bugger being school holiday time 
  • No joy in the ballot for me.
  • One good thing is it seems the ticket prices are with fees rather than plus fees. 

Just seen a screen grab for Manchester and it has a lower price in brackets next to it suggesting that’s the case. 
  • GET IN THERE!!!
  • cafcpolo said:
    GET IN THERE!!!
    Are you instructing your Mrs to get in the cupboard under the stairs? 
  • No luck in the ballot. Niece did get a code though and was number 151 in the queue. Quickly moved to 76. She got to choosing standing tickets and it kicked her back to 8,000 in the queue.  Not a happy bunny!! 
  • edited August 30
    I managed to get four. Started at 3,500 in the queue. Don't refresh!
  • Sponsored links:

• I managed to get four. Started at 3,500 in the queue. Don't refresh!
    Standing ones? Am I right that the original price listed was after fees? If they are standing how much did all four set you back? Trying for four tomorrow. 
  • buckshee said:
    I managed to get four. Started at 3,500 in the queue. Don't refresh!
    Standing ones? Am I right that the original price listed was after fees? If they are standing how much did all four set you back? Trying for four tomorrow. 
    151 per ticket after fees at Wembley.
  • Didn't get through on the ballot, gutted. In with the masses tomorrow and I'm working in the middle of nowhere be lucky to get 2g let alone 5G 
  • Touts trying to jump on the hype and panic which is at its peak. Problem they have is when loads more dates are announced and people get tickets naturally, they wont be able to get the same money for them.
  • Seems to have been a total farce for many. I know of countless people who got booted out and now there are only shit seats left (if there are any left at all).

US dates set to be announced with leaked venues including Boston, LA, Chicago and Atlanta. Would rather a gig with less coked up dick heads, cheaper prices, and easier tickets as they werent even that big out there.
  • edited August 30
    Nottingham Forest physio desperate for a ticket.

• PopIcon said:
    BalladMan said:
    JaShea99 said:
    I’ve never ever understood the Oasis hype. Can anyone explain it?
    They were an Oasis of pretty good (if that's yer taste) in an era of generally terrible music
    The 90s was anything but an era of terrible music.  Along with the 60s, probably the height of British music exports globally. We had the biggest and best bands certainly from post-Nirvana to 1997/8
    all a matter of taste .. BUT, name a few great bands/music from the 90s
    Of course it's about taste, otherwise there wouldn't be multiple genres of music. 

You will disagree, but in my opinion 90s bands such as Oasis, Suede, Charlatans, Blur, were all great. 
    The 60s was awful, without doubt the most overrated decade in music.

This is the correct order.

1970s
    1980s
    1990s
    2000s
    1960s
    1950s

Nothing else matters.
    Before the 1960s the youth only had access to the music our mums and dads listened to. The youth culture explosion of the 1960s and the music that came out of it, is without comparison for those who experienced it.  It was not aired on mainstream radio and mostly heard on transistor radios tuned into Luxembourg, a pirate radio station or having to order the record from a record store. The music was something special partly because you had to make an effort just to hear it.  

When music is streamed 24/7 from multiple platforms accessed by a swipe or press of a button, it is inevitably a more transitory experience.

It was not just the Beatles, it was Motown, soul, R&B, Reggae and the West Coast USA sound.  It was all absolutely fresh and new.

Individual artists have created great music since the 1960s which is fresh and new and pushes the right buttons, but because the 1960s music across the board was so fresh and new at that moment in time, it will remain, for many, as music which has never been surpassed.  

So from 2024 it's easy to understand why 1960s music is regarded as awful, but it will never be underrated by those who heard it for the first time.

• How do you monitor that? You turn up with a ticket, it’s scans, you’re in?
  • Sponsored links:

• My mate had a code and the only tickets available were hospitality ones for Manchester. Thought about it but by the time you factor in train fares, hotel (if you could get one), time off work etc it just wasn’t worth it 

Almost impossible to monitor. You can transfer tickets in ticketmaster app to any email address. If someone’s selling tickets on same account they bought the tickets, they deserve to get tickets cancelled. It’s just bluster to try and put people off cashing in.  

Ed Sheeran gigs do some things to check. It won't prevent all, but does limit
  • PopIcon said:
    BalladMan said:
    JaShea99 said:
    I’ve never ever understood the Oasis hype. Can anyone explain it?
    They were an Oasis of pretty good (if that's yer taste) in an era of generally terrible music
    The 90s was anything but an era of terrible music.  Along with the 60s, probably the height of British music exports globally. We had the biggest and best bands certainly from post-Nirvana to 1997/8
    all a matter of taste .. BUT, name a few great bands/music from the 90s
    Of course it's about taste, otherwise there wouldn't be multiple genres of music. 

You will disagree, but in my opinion 90s bands such as Oasis, Suede, Charlatans, Blur, were all great. 
    The 60s was awful, without doubt the most overrated decade in music.

This is the correct order.

1970s
    1980s
    1990s
    2000s
    1960s
    1950s

Nothing else matters.
    Before the 1960s the youth only had access to the music our mums and dads listened to. The youth culture explosion of the 1960s and the music that came out of it, is without comparison for those who experienced it.  It was not aired on mainstream radio and mostly heard on transistor radios tuned into Luxembourg, a pirate radio station or having to order the record from a record store. The music was something special partly because you had to make an effort just to hear it.  

When music is streamed 24/7 from multiple platforms accessed by a swipe or press of a button, it is inevitably a more transitory experience.

It was not just the Beatles, it was Motown, soul, R&B, Reggae and the West Coast USA sound.  It was all absolutely fresh and new.

Individual artists have created great music since the 1960s which is fresh and new and pushes the right buttons, but because the 1960s music across the board was so fresh and new at that moment in time, it will remain, for many, as music which has never been surpassed.  

So from 2024 it's easy to understand why 1960s music is regarded as awful, but it will never be underrated by those who heard it for the first time.

On reflection, i think awful was a bit too harsh. My parents are babyboomers and as a child the home was full of music, much of it from the 1960s. I love Simon and Garfunkel, the Beach Boys, the Who, the Doors and so on. The Beatles were incredibly fortunate as they had three exceptional song writers. The later records were so well produced too.

It's too easy to say xyz was the best decade because it's relatable to ones coming of age. I was a teenager through the 90s and the indie scene was a big part of my life. A few of the bands have been mentioned further up the thread, and there were loads more. Super Furry Animals are one of the best live bands i've seen and Mansun put out two exceptional records, which are just as good as anything Oasis put out. However, there is a LOT that hasn't aged well, Catatonia and Kula Shaker are two off the top of my head. It's similar to the 60s, swathes just hasn't aged well.
  • Managed to get through both ballot codes worked 

4 purchased for Wembley 26th July £168 per ticket seated block 140 so slightly restricted view  
    4 purchased for the Dublin 17th August davin stand upper same place I sat for u2 5 years ago £154 a ticket 

• A great sight.
  • Loads of money to be made there mate…😏🤣
  • For a moment I thought Subways and the Holloways were supporting, I'd have higher expectations.

I'm thinking it'll be someone like Jake Bugg, Johnny Marr, Primal Scream alongside the Blossoms. It would great to have a bill of bands from the 90s, the Manics, SFA, Supergrass etc. 

• A great sight.
    The enemy as well, my two favourite bands right there. Managed to secure tickets myself tonight through a mate, can't wait already. Hope everyone manages to get something tomorrow and if not one of the 5 extra dates they'll inevitably add for Wembley 🤞
  • Seetickets and Gigsandtours already crashed!