Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next England Manager - Thomas Tuchel

1192021222325»

Comments

• anyone know if these prices are true? if they are then that’s mad! 
  • fenaddick said:
    anyone know if these prices are true? if they are then that’s mad! 
    Absolutely true. Henry Winter was talking about the very subject on the radio yesterday 
  • A friend has Uefa A licence - did it through the Northern Ireland FA for cost reasons.
  • Lots of people seem to do it through the FAW too
  • England manager should be English in my opinion. We've done foreign twice and neither of them won anything, Tuchel will be no different. 
    I think if we want to win something then the only possibility is to appoint a foreign coach. Who would you pick that’s English who could progress us ? 
  • edited 10:53AM
    Otto Rehaggel (German) won the Euros coaching Greece in 2004, so proving that there's nothing in a non national's DNA that prevents them from achieving success coaching another country's players. See more recently our own women's team success!

I don't suppose the celebrations in Greece were tempered by his nationality, nor the achievement undermined by it, yet I'm sure they are as proud and patriotic about their nation as we are of ours.
  • edited 11:44AM
    Disappointed that we have appointed a non English manager to manage the England national team (as I was with Eriksson and Capello).  

My only interest in football now is Charlton and my boys team. Stopped watching Premier and England games so my disappointment is balanced with the fact that I don't really care. 

Bah humbug. 

Edit. Actually I do care - otherwise I wouldn't have posted...
  • fenaddick said:
    anyone know if these prices are true? if they are then that’s mad! 
    Yes, and it’s such an obvious cause as well. Staggering how the FA just let it continue.
  • Sponsored links:

• His one ear that sticks out further than the other annoys me more than the fact he's not English
  • First piece of good news is it's annoyed and wound up The Daily Fail and it's readers! Job done!
    I think this is a good choice and the contract is fairly short, let's get behind him and get this "footballs coming home" mantra finally through the door!
  • I think it's diabolical. Call me old fashioned but how can we genuinely feel happy about a GERMAN managing the national team? if Gareth Southgate was made Argentina manager, i reckon they'd riot. 
  • This should be a wake up call for the FA to lower its coaching badge prices. Countries like Spain charge a lot less and have multiple times the amount of qualified coaches we do, Germany the same.

Unfortunately it won’t.
    its not just the FA to lower costs, its also the PL club giving English Manager's a chance. Sadly mate neither are going to happen
  • Germany and Argentina for me are our rivals at international level, I'm sure they don't see it the same as their rivalry with Italy or Holland, Brazil etc but how batshit mental me and my mates have gone whenever we've beaten Germany or the Argies tells me there is a thing there. I couldn't have had Pochettino purely based on his nationality which I accept is small minded of me however I still hold a grudge against Scott Parker that isn't showing any signs of going.

On account of the bare cupboard of English candidates I'm happy with Tuchel having slept on it
  • Best thing about this appointment is all the rampant racists and xenophobics rearing their ugly heads, makes it really easy to unfriend/unfollow a load of people on socials
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    I think it's diabolical. Call me old fashioned but how can we genuinely feel happy about a GERMAN managing the national team? if Gareth Southgate was made Argentina manager, i reckon they'd riot. 
    So you think we should be more like the people who would riot?
  • I Just hope the Vile right wing papers such as The Mail , The Sun and The Express give the guy a chance at tournament times but it’s unlikely . Thankfully the paper versions of these rags will be redundant in a few years but I’m sure they will peddle their racist hatred on social media instead . 
    I remember how awfully Bobby Robson was treated by them and he was English through and through . 
  • Gribbo said:
    His one ear that sticks out further than the other annoys me more than the fact he's not English
    Mines the same after having surgery to try and reign them both in.
    P’raps that’s why I really can’t stand him………projecting my own insecurities.

BTW it absolutely has zero to do with his nationality and all to do with me thinking he’s just an arse.
  • I Just hope the Vile right wing papers such as The Mail , The Sun and The Express give the guy a chance at tournament times but it’s unlikely . Thankfully the paper versions of these rags will be redundant in a few years but I’m sure they will peddle their racist hatred on social media instead . 
    I remember how awfully Bobby Robson was treated by them and he was English through and through . 
    They’ve already written him off
  • Sponsored links:

• Nick Ferrari doesn't think much of this appointment.  So, for that reason, it's probably a very, very good one. 
  • sam3110 said:
    Best thing about this appointment is all the rampant racists and xenophobics rearing their ugly heads, makes it really easy to unfriend/unfollow a load of people on socials
    I don’t really see it as racist or xenophobic.

It’s borderline an illness now.  The idea that somehow a foreigner won’t do his job to the full extent because of where his mum squeezed him out.  

What do they think wins trophies?  Reciting the national anthem so loud you burst a blood vessel in your forehead?  Crying each time the Queen is mentioned?  Eating pie and mash?  Just odd.
  • sam3110 said:
    Best thing about this appointment is all the rampant racists and xenophobics rearing their ugly heads, makes it really easy to unfriend/unfollow a load of people on socials

It’s borderline an illness now.  The idea that somehow a foreigner won’t do his job to the full extent because of where his mum squeezed him out.  

What do they think wins trophies?  Reciting the national anthem so loud you burst a blood vessel in your forehead?  Crying each time the Queen is mentioned?  Eating pie and mash?  Just odd.
    There’s definitely been some people using it as an excuse to be xenophobic even if the idea itself isn’t 
  • fenaddick said:
    sam3110 said:

There’s definitely been some people using it as an excuse to be xenophobic even if the idea itself isn’t 
    I actually haven’t seen too much of it to be fair.  The daily mail are doing their best with the headlines but not sure it’s getting through.
  • If we had a Millwall legend as a manager, for some it would be "It's OK, he's one of us now" when we were winning and "Feck off you spanner ****" when we lost.

It will be the same with TT, just a certain England players became Black, (I'm being polite here) , in the eyes of some morons, when they missed penalties in the Euro finals.