Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next England Manager - Thomas Tuchel

Title says it all.  What do we think?     I have no idea at this point.  

Comments

• Whoever it is has to lose the negativity. The biggest question is around those appointing the next manager as do they understand this and how do they find that quality?
  • I don't know, but he doesn't necessarily have to be English.
  • Although highly unlikely…..I’d like to see Klopp.
    Me too.
  • Graham Potter 
  • I'd love Klopp, weird enough it could happen. I'd also take SCP.
  • I think it'll be Potter.

Howe would be a good option but not sure he'd take it.

Can't see us going for a foreign manager, which we should consider if a good one is available and wants it, but won't.

Definitely won't get someone like Klopp.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 14
    What impressed me about Spain is that Tiki Taka has been largely sussed out. As happens with all formations to a certain extent. Let opponents play where they can't hurt you and not where they can but they have developed it by introducing a directness which uses the positives and adds an attacking dimension. Southgate has limitations. We need somebody like Klopp who I think can move us forwards using the qualities we have.
  • Would Klopp want to manage England? I would be surprised if he would. 

• Klopp? 
  • If not Pep (which it won't be right now because he has a year left at City) then Klopp but really I would love to see Eddie Howe being given the chance. Loves the day-to-day engagement with players which is an issue with the England job but he would leave no stone unturned in terms of his research, in getting the best out of the players be that that in terms of working out the best system and the players to fit into that system. His Newcastle team plays with a high press and he also uses pace and width up top to unlock the opposition. We have the players at international level who can do that.   
  • Depends, suspect Potter, whether he can move it on to the level some want in terms of style, I’m not sure, I don’t think we can do it without playing Sufferball like France 
  • Klopp won’t be interested.

FA have already said they want Southgate for two more years. It’ll be up to GS if he wants it.
  • We forget that Southgate stays on if he decides to. 
  • edited July 14
    Klopp won’t be interested.

FA have already said they want Southgate for two more years. It’ll be up to GS if he wants it.
    I hope not... bored of having to put up with the "Southgate out" posts after most games
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    I'd love Klopp, weird enough it could happen. I'd also take SCP.
    SCP as manager of England?
  • Should go all out for Klopp, but it's the FA, they'll go for nice, safe appointment. It'll be Potter
  • I reckon that photo of Appleton will appear within 10 minutes.
    Wow! I’m impressed by the restraint shown! 😂
  • It's the FA I wouldn't be surprised if they've got Potter ready to go if Southgate goes. I'd put a call into Poch and see if there's any interest from him but I can't see him being interested. 
  • I think it'll be Potter.

Howe would be a good option but not sure he'd take it.

Can't see us going for a foreign manager, which we should consider if a good one is available and wants it, but won't.

Definitely won't get someone like Klopp.
    Too soon for Howe. He sees it as the last role you'd take before stepping out of the game.
  • se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I like the odd selections.
  • Suspect the FA will promote in-house again.

Lee Carsley is rhe U21s coach.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I like the odd selections.
    Fair enough!
  • Curbs 16/1