Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• fenaddick said:
    Cawley basically rubbishing the Spurs story on Twitter 
    “link is misleading … citing a bid from ages ago and making it sound like it’s just gone in … pretty poor form!”
  • ITTV say it’s Bair.
    Grrrrrrrrrr!
    A good Copa America might increase his options, get it done.
  • Still waiting for the Diego Poyet to Barcelona rumour  to happen.
  • Bailey said:
    The rumours about Small would almost certainly be circulated by his agent. Might not suit us but the agent is paid to get the best deal for his client and if he can't get Charlton to pay higher wages by these rumours then he's probably not doing his job.Its worth remembering that Small was at a premiership club, although they lost that status, they were probably keen to pay up his contract and get rid. He is a class above this level and still young and I don't think his aspirations or wage expectations will be matched by Charlton, shame but it's the world we live in. 
    Unfortunately, it's not just about the player, as agents want as bigger cut as possible too (not all agents, and maybe Small's is one of the good guys). Agent will likely receive a larger payment by moving Small to a new club, rather than signing extended contract with us. 
  • It's click bait.

No, Charlton aren't a big draw for click bait but Spurs are.

Read their other stories. Palace manager going to Bayern.

Small was let go a few months ago by Southampton, he's looked decent in a poor league 1 side and he's young but really.

Every click bait site reads he's been offered a deal but not signed yet so it's easy for them to make up stories or just retell spin from his agent.

As Callum said, last week it was Derby, before that it was Millwall, next week it will be Portsmouth.

You know what acronym I'm gonna use....
    In fairness both The Athletic and Bild reported that as well. Not that surprising given he did well with Frankfurt and won the Europa league.
  • I suspect Premier League clubs have a long list of young players they are keeping tabs on which doesn't mean they are poised to sign them. I would be suprised if we didn't have a few players on that list in all honesty.
  • How can anyone say the Small rumours are ridiculous after we have just lost our best midfielder to Fehervar and we all thought that was a ridiculous rumour... 
  • Sponsored links:

• To the why don’t Tottenham’s want him in jan comment

in jan he had been struggling in Scotland. I’m assuming he would still have been on their radar but they were not interested.

he joined us, did well and their interest gets reignited. Not a difficult concept to understand 
  • I could see why a PL side like Spurs would be interested in Small, although I'd assume he'd mainly be playing U21s for them behind Ugodie and Ryan Sessegnon. I know it's been rubbished now but I could sort of see the merits. 
  • Rothko said:
    hahaha, fucking hell, the absolute state of this click bait
    I don't think that's click-bait. Charlton don't have the draw for that, and a journo would think of something a bit more juicy for Spurs than a Charlton player link.

Spurs have shown interest in the past with Small, it's from a fairly credible twitter account, and sourced by a journalist who doesn't appear to be a made up twitter account/bot.

I'd say it's the only link so far with Small that might actually have some truth behind it. Hopefully things work out in our favour though.
    You really believe this stuff?
  • Let's be honest he's a talented 19 year old full back who as recently as 11 months ago played for England U18s.

Quite why anyone thinks he wouldn't be on the radar of PL clubs is beyond me. Especially in the modern day when they can sign players for peanuts, and if it works they've got a gem and if it doesn't they've spent about 0.1% of their yearly revenue on him.
  • Of course bigger clubs are looking, scouting networks stretch far and wide. Doesn't mean he's on the verge of a move.
    It's probably an algo working or something...
  • edited May 14
    J BLOCK said:
    sam3110 said:
    The Small rumours get more ridiculous by the day. He'll be linked to Bayern to replace the outgoing Alphonso Davies soon the rate this is going. 
    Linked to spurs isn't ridiculous at all, wouldn't surprise me if he went to a Prem team this summer. He's a 19 year old who lost his way, but clearly has bags of potential which is why he was previously linked to Madrid and Bayern. 

This might all be agent talk, but it's not out of the realms of possibility. 
    It is pretty far fetched he would join a prem team let alone Spurs. Think some are exaggerating how good he was in the limited he played for us
    Yes, he's probably a high end L1 player at the moment, with plenty of room for improvement. Clubs like Spurs want the player once they've improved. No real need to take a gamble.
    Still think that Reeco H-F is worth a look.
  • Small moving to PL doesn't make sense. It's his first regular stint in 1st team mens football and his flourishing, how did spending all that time in the u21s work for him at Southampton and Everton? Personally if he does push for it, his a fool. Do any of us really see him starting ahead of Udogie at spurs? He would be best served spending atleast another season with us, given we have given the boy 1st team football you would hope he would agree to sign a new deal with a release clause if someone in the PL comes in after next season. I personally feel that would be the best option for all parties.
  • Clubs that wouldn't use him this year (i.e Premier League clubs) have no reason to sign him in the summer. Just get him for free on a pre-contract in Jan to to play next year with a years free experience with us. 
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCDAZ said:
    Small moving to PL doesn't make sense. It's his first regular stint in 1st team mens football and his flourishing, how did spending all that time in the u21s work for him at Southampton and Everton? Personally if he does push for it, his a fool. Do any of us really see him starting ahead of Udogie at spurs? He would be best served spending atleast another season with us, given we have given the boy 1st team football you would hope he would agree to sign a new deal with a release clause if someone in the PL comes in after next season. I personally feel that would be the best option for all parties.
    You know it all comes down to the £££££££
  • Redhenry said:
    Rothko said:
    hahaha, fucking hell, the absolute state of this click bait
    I don't think that's click-bait. Charlton don't have the draw for that, and a journo would think of something a bit more juicy for Spurs than a Charlton player link.

Spurs have shown interest in the past with Small, it's from a fairly credible twitter account, and sourced by a journalist who doesn't appear to be a made up twitter account/bot.

I'd say it's the only link so far with Small that might actually have some truth behind it. Hopefully things work out in our favour though.
    You really believe this stuff?
    Spurs going bargain basement shopping after their biggest rivals continued to go from strength to strength and with next season going to be even tougher at the top of the PL as Chelsea and Man Utd get their houses in order and Newcastle unlikely to suffer a repeat of the injury setbacks that held them back this season ? Somehow, I don’t think so.
  • It's been so long since we've tasted what having a successful team looks like, we've sort of forgotten what it's like when teams actually want to buy our players. In a weird way I hope over the next couple of years we get a lot more of these rumours for lots of different players because it'll finally mean we're doing something right.
  • Clubs that wouldn't use him this year (i.e Premier League clubs) have no reason to sign him in the summer. Just get him for free on a pre-contract in Jan to to play next year with a years free experience with us. 
    They can’t do that because it’s another English club 
  • edited May 14
    To the why don’t Tottenham’s want him in jan comment

in jan he had been struggling in Scotland. I’m assuming he would still have been on their radar but they were not interested.

he joined us, did well and their interest gets reignited. Not a difficult concept to understand 
    That’d be some pretty poor scouting.

In out in out - he’s good, no he’s bad, no he’s good again…
    He wouldn’t be free, we'd still get compensation due to his age, I think.

Cheaper probably, but not free.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!