Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Lennon MacLorg.

Goalkeeper.

Contract with Rochdale expires in June.

On bench for U21s today.

Comes from Kent.

Probably one for the U21s rather than first team, in short term anyway.
    Hopefully we can get a tune out of Lennon Mac
  • Lennon MacLorg.

Goalkeeper.

On bench for U21s today.

Comes from Kent.

Great name, let's make it happen. 
  • Lennon MacLorg.

Goalkeeper.

On bench for U21s today.

Comes from Kent.

Imagine it.
  • Lennon MacLorg.

Goalkeeper.

On bench for U21s today.

Comes from Kent.

Hello Goodbye, given the turnover of Charlton managers
  • Twitter Twaddle...I've had a good idea...WIOTOS...🤔
    Close the thread then.
  • Swisdom said:
    Lennon Maclord is already one of ours according to Wyscout and has played 4 games for the U18's ,conceding just once since his debut on 19th March

Bournemouth 3-0
    Hull 4-1
    Sheff Utd 3-0
    Millwall 4-0

Wait, Lennon Mac is already an Addick... What a Twist (and Shout).
  • edited May 13
    I think some on this thread been on the Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds :)
  • Lennon MacLorg.

Goalkeeper.

On bench for U21s today.

Comes from Kent.

I feel fine about this signing.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 13
    JamesSeed said:
    Twitter Twaddle...I've had a good idea...WIOTOS...🤔
    Close the thread then.

...🙄
  • As that great football manager said "My Sweet MacLorg"
  • Nice to have our players linked to clubs like that, whether accurate or not. Would hope a deal with them would include a loan back.
  • He should be wary, look what happened to Djed Spence, had a great season at Boro/Forest but played only 4 games for Spurs.
  • fenaddick said:
    Nice to have our players linked to clubs like that, whether accurate or not. Would hope a deal with them would include a loan back.
    It is nice, as it means we have a player of genuine quality on the books, but this is why I like signing the older players in league 1, as long as they're capable. Just keeps the sharks at bay. 
  • hahaha, fucking hell, the absolute state of this click bait
  • sam3110 said:
    The Small rumours get more ridiculous by the day. He'll be linked to Bayern to replace the outgoing Alphonso Davies soon the rate this is going. 
    That's a plan, just a straight swap maybe...🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• 'Tottenham are keeping close tabs on Charlton Athletic’s former Everton star Thierry Small going into the summer, sources told Football Insider.

It is believed that Spurs have been watching the 19-year-old left-back’s performances in League One after failing to sign him from Southampton last year.'
    Another good read. If true then the club should to cash in and bring some funds into the club which can be used on other players.

2011 - Carl Jenkinson to Arsenal £1m a good example that helped that season 
  • Rothko said:
    hahaha, fucking hell, the absolute state of this click bait
    I don't think that's click-bait. Charlton don't have the draw for that, and a journo would think of something a bit more juicy for Spurs than a Charlton player link.

Spurs have shown interest in the past with Small, it's from a fairly credible twitter account, and sourced by a journalist who doesn't appear to be a made up twitter account/bot.

I'd say it's the only link so far with Small that might actually have some truth behind it. Hopefully things work out in our favour though.
  • That tweet says “bid submitted” but nowhere in the article does it say anything about a bid. Just that Tottenham are also interested.

Same bloke who wrote the article about Derby being interested the other day by the way. Sounds like an agent playing games.
  • Regarding Small, theres no smoke without fire. His agent seems to be touting him about 
    His agent can do that all he wants but we still hold the final say. Something must have pulled him here, my guess being NJ and first team football
  • sam3110 said:
    The Small rumours get more ridiculous by the day. He'll be linked to Bayern to replace the outgoing Alphonso Davies soon the rate this is going. 

I reckon the clubs are not getting past Thierry, and think Mr Henry has come out of retirement.
  • edited May 13
    That tweet says “bid submitted” but nowhere in the article does it say anything about a bid. Just that Tottenham are also interested.

Same bloke who wrote the article about Derby being interested the other day by the way. Sounds like an agent playing games.
    I didn't realise it was the same guy who posted the Derby link, didn't even bother looking at that one as I don't think there's a chance of that happening. 

Spurs a bit more of a concern as they're a bit of a powerhouse, and a young player like Small will be drawn far more.

Either way, seems like this journo is being fed information, and as Carly Burn says, reckon there's no smoke without fire with this one. 

I'm expecting Small to leave and be shipped out on loan, might be to us, but with Jones not favouring loan players, probably elsewhere. 
  • shirty5 said:
    'Tottenham are keeping close tabs on Charlton Athletic’s former Everton star Thierry Small going into the summer, sources told Football Insider.

It is believed that Spurs have been watching the 19-year-old left-back’s performances in League One after failing to sign him from Southampton last year.'
    Another good read. If true then the club should to cash in and bring some funds into the club which can be used on other players.

2011 - Carl Jenkinson to Arsenal £1m a good example that helped that season 

I believe that the Jenkinson money was THE transfer money for the signings in the summer, I may be wrong.
  • edited May 13
    sam3110 said:
    Linked to spurs isn't ridiculous at all, wouldn't surprise me if he went to a Prem team this summer. He's a 19 year old who lost his way, but clearly has bags of potential which is why he was previously linked to Madrid and Bayern. 

This might all be agent talk, but it's not out of the realms of possibility. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!