Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• In terms of an experienced keeper...how about Begovic or Bialkowski? Both free (I believe) and could do a job. Though I admit Begovic could be an issue with wages!
  • From the vids, Godden get a fair few with the head, which I think suits the Jones style. 

Who were the front two at Luton when Jones took them up? 
  • Rothko said:
    From the vids, Godden get a fair few with the head, which I think suits the Jones style. 

Except our crossing is dog shit??....
  • In terms of an experienced keeper...how about Begovic or Bialkowski? Both free (I believe) and could do a job. Though I admit Begovic could be an issue with wages!
    I did wonder about Bialkowski. Does he live locally?. I suspect Begovic will be aiming higher.
  • edited July 2
    In previous years we’ve seen us sell a key striker and then get a nobody in.

On this occasion we’ve acted quickly in replacing a proven goal scorer with a forward who also knows where the net is.  

It might leave a sour taste selling May to a rival but this feels like progress in some respect.  

I’ll reserve judgment on whether or not this was a bad move.
  • supaclive said:
    Also Birmingham will think they are guaranteeing goals but we thought the same about ladapo when he walked through the door and look what happened with him
    Behave!
    Alfie has done it 3 years in a row for sides struggling in League 1, not the runaway league1 winners!
    Shall we remind ourselves about Cole Stockton? Sometimes being the main man in a struggling team is beneficial for a player. May strikes me as someone who wants to be the big fish 
  • I would prefer a 31 Godden over a 31 year old may

i would prefer a 31 year old may over a 33 year old godden
  • Sponsored links:

• I would prefer a 31 Godden over a 31 year old may

i would prefer a 31 year old may over a 33 year old godden
    Your not too happy either then
  • edited July 2
    Wouldn't it be nice to talk about something else apart from Alfie...he's gone now.
    I mean, will we actually get our second keeper we were promised, because it has turned out our first choice target has decided to stay at Sheffield...or will it turn out to be AMB or Harry...again...🙄
    I really look forward to something positive from the club, rather than this continual wall of silence...

• CAFCDAZ said:
    if this squad wins promotion given we have signed 4 players where 2 are squad players, then jones is a fucking tactical genius and the best manager ever. As this group of players were lacking in multiple areas last season and personally I don't see how we've gone anywhere but backwards in terms of strength in depth by losing Dobo and May so far. I'd love to be proved wrong and for us to have a fantastic window, I just don't see it. 

Sorry has the window closed this morning ??
    Absolutely, it was freezing outside.
  • One thing I will say, at least we have a left back going into first game of presason this year, was it the last 2 years where we didn't have a single one? 
    We now have 3 fit left footed options there. I think it's compulsory for us to be overstocked in one positions and barren elsewhere.
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    if this squad wins promotion given we have signed 4 players where 2 are squad players, then jones is a fucking tactical genius and the best manager ever. As this group of players were lacking in multiple areas last season and personally I don't see how we've gone anywhere but backwards in terms of strength in depth by losing Dobo and May so far. I'd love to be proved wrong and for us to have a fantastic window, I just don't see it. 

Sorry has the window closed this morning ??
    Absolutely, it was freezing outside.
    Wuss...😉
  • I’m going to have to start a filing system for all these receipts I’ll be keeping on hand for when Godden scores more goals than May does…
  • Godden is a good signing if it happens but some teams build good squads not good first elevens, not that we have either currently. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I’m going to have to start a filing system for all these receipts I’ll be keeping on hand for when Godden scores more goals than May does…
    If Gooden scores 24 league goals this season then we should finish higher than 16th 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Bit on Davies.. So he had agreed a deal to sign for us, but then for the last 10 days, he was meant to come down to complete medical and sign the contract, but every day another excuse, then late last week, he said other opportunities haver come to light, and want to explore, then asked for more money.. He well and truly f****d us about.. We move on.. It is now silly season, will be a lot of agreements but don't progress.. But that is the football industry for you.. 

It is football... so I don't get your point!
  • edited July 2
    A question, if May gets 20+ this season and we replace him with Godden who then gets let's say 16 or so, considering the 850k would people feel that decent business?

Ie not fully replacing Alfie's goals but still respectable numbers + a fee
  • edited July 2
    LTKapal said:
    A question, if May gets 20+ this season and we replace him with Godden who then gets let's say 16 or so, considering the 850k would people feel that decent business?

Ie not fully replacing Alfie's goals but still respectable numbers + a fee
    League position, general play and so on completely irrelevant to this question I see
  • edited July 2

supaclive said:
    Rothko said:
    From the vids, Godden get a fair few with the head, which I think suits the Jones style. 

Except our crossing is dog shit??....
    Is it though? Or is it at least in part that our system had a striker who for all his qualities absolutely was not renowned for being good in the air or winning a tussle with a robust CB.

The obvious counter is of course to find that aerial threat IN ADDITION to Alfie not instead of but Godden does at least seem have the edge in physical terms.

Crosses are a large part of the Jones style so I imagine either way they'd be something gets a lot of work done over preseason.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!