Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Swisdom said:
    Not sure where this rumor about him being the same size as Alfie comes from.  Wyscout has Godden as 6'1" and Transfermarkt has him the same. From what I can see he's much bigger than Alfred - who is not even 5'9. 
    Its very weird - wiki has him as 175cm, fifa has him 180cm and transfermarkt has him 185cm.

So somewhere between 5"7 and 6"1 haha.

He doesnt look 6ft in the goal compilations.

Alfie is 5"7.
    Maybe he was standing on Alfie's shoulder at the time...🙄
  • Yann897 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    supaclive said:
    cfgs said:
    May is gone, the important thing is what happens now.  We need someone through the door to lift the squad and the fans, that isn't Godden.  
    We've swapped Alfie May for Godden

I don't understand

Godden doesn't fit the profile of striker Jones wants (allegedly) @DubaiCAFC ?   Care to explain?

If it isn't about money why Godden when May has 20+ goals 3 seasons running?!
    Issue is, agent of May was making other clubs aware that May wasn't happy at Charlton for whatever reason.. May doesn't like Jones style, and wanted to leave.. Jones couldn't and wouldn't guarantee he would be week in week out start. Charlton are getting a good deal, May is getting an even better deal, just feels like it is a good deal for all.

Godden in my opinion is a good replacement for May, similar type of player and done the goods at a higher-level and is happy to fight for his place. 

As Ben said in his baking cake statement, let's see where we are at the end of the window.. You have to remember, every single club is battling for players, some will come and some won't that is football for you.. But for me, the profile of players we have signed so far is what we need to be doing, they are a good age, points to prove.   
    From what I was told from a trustworthy source, May was fine to stay and see out his contract at a minimum, and it was Jones decision for him to leave. 

It would then be the agents job to ask around at who would like to sign his newly available player. You make it sound like the agent made first move, that is not what I was told. 
    So see out his contract and we get nothing next season or cash In for 1m and reinvest in the squad. No brainer
    Get promoted this season with a new defence or sell the leagues best striker to a rival and don’t get promoted, no brainer!
    This doesn’t make sense ?
  • Genuine question, why is everyone (both positive and negative) so convinced that Jones is the one calling the shots? 
    Because it’s been documented enough times but the club and various outlets 
  • Would still hope for another striker with Godden. Hopefully we've got enough irons in the fire that if Ipswich want a big fee for Ahadme that we have alternatives to turn to. 
  • edited July 2
    MarcusH26 said:
    Would still hope for another striker with Godden. Hopefully we've got enough irons in the fire that if Ipswich want a big fee for Ahadme that we have alternatives to turn to. 
    We were always looking for another if Jones is to be believed - it was one if May stayed and two if he left (or at least such was the message.) So Godden is in to replace May and we resume trying to sign Ahadme or A.N. Other in addition.
  • Swisdom said:
    Not sure where this rumor about him being the same size as Alfie comes from.  Wyscout has Godden as 6'1" and Transfermarkt has him the same. From what I can see he's much bigger than Alfred - who is not even 5'9. 
    Its very weird - wiki has him as 175cm, fifa has him 180cm and transfermarkt has him 185cm.

So somewhere between 5"7 and 6"1 haha.

He doesnt look 6ft in the goal compilations.
    First signing to bypass the CL height test
  • Sponsored links:

• Part of the current criticism of the transfers so far is down to NJ. It is he who stated that he wanted the majority of transfers in my the end of June which hasn't happened. This was a foolish statement by NJ as any experienced manager knows that the transfer window doesn't work like that and he shouldn't have raised fans expectations.

In NJ I do not trust - yet
    Agree.

It was a dumb thing say, given fans unrealistic expectations.
  • Part of the current criticism of the transfers so far is down to NJ. It is he who stated that he wanted the majority of transfers in my the end of June which hasn't happened. This was a foolish statement by NJ as any experienced manager knows that the transfer window doesn't work like that and he shouldn't have raised fans expectations.

For god sake .. 

For god sake .. 
    Have we signed him, Ronnie?

Agree.

pretty smart thing to do imo, keeps everyone on their toes. 
  • supaclive said:
    cfgs said:
    May is gone, the important thing is what happens now.  We need someone through the door to lift the squad and the fans, that isn't Godden.  

I don't understand

Godden doesn't fit the profile of striker Jones wants (allegedly) @DubaiCAFC ?   Care to explain?

Alfie had his head turned by the money on offer. Alfie wanted to move "back" up north. Alfie didn't like Jones & we don't want unhappy players in the squad. Etc Etc

No doubt scott is working on the spin right now
    What’s it got to do with Scott .. Jones made the call once he told May he was not a starter May was going 

Agree.

Would you say that’s what’s happening on here?

Think most are waiting for admission to the psych ward;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Yann897 said:
    Yann897 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    supaclive said:
    cfgs said:

I don't understand

Issue is, agent of May was making other clubs aware that May wasn't happy at Charlton for whatever reason.. May doesn't like Jones style, and wanted to leave.. Jones couldn't and wouldn't guarantee he would be week in week out start. Charlton are getting a good deal, May is getting an even better deal, just feels like it is a good deal for all.

Godden in my opinion is a good replacement for May, similar type of player and done the goods at a higher-level and is happy to fight for his place. 

As Ben said in his baking cake statement, let's see where we are at the end of the window.. You have to remember, every single club is battling for players, some will come and some won't that is football for you.. But for me, the profile of players we have signed so far is what we need to be doing, they are a good age, points to prove.   
    From what I was told from a trustworthy source, May was fine to stay and see out his contract at a minimum, and it was Jones decision for him to leave. 

It would then be the agents job to ask around at who would like to sign his newly available player. You make it sound like the agent made first move, that is not what I was told. 
    So see out his contract and we get nothing next season or cash In for 1m and reinvest in the squad. No brainer
    Get promoted this season with a new defence or sell the leagues best striker to a rival and don’t get promoted, no brainer!
    I know, selling the leagues best striker to a rival doesn’t make sense, I knew you’d come round eventually.
  • Yann897 said:
    Yann897 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    supaclive said:
    cfgs said:

I don't understand

I know, selling the leagues best striker to a rival doesn’t make sense, I knew you’d come round eventually.
    No your post didn’t make sense but then you very rarely do. 
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    if this squad wins promotion given we have signed 4 players where 2 are squad players, then jones is a fucking tactical genius and the best manager ever. As this group of players were lacking in multiple areas last season and personally I don't see how we've gone anywhere but backwards in terms of strength in depth by losing Dobo and May so far. I'd love to be proved wrong and for us to have a fantastic window, I just don't see it. 

Sorry has the window closed this morning ??
    It feels like it Ronnie 🤣

For god sake .. 
    please explain your heavenly comment on my reasonable statement
  • To be fair, nothing makes any sense anymore with this club, and we need some fan involvement from the club with an announcement on the OS regarding Alfie, Godden and where we are long term regarding signings, remembering our first pre season friendly is only four days away...🙄
  • 31 years of age being offered double what he’s on here, no surprise at all he’s gone! Godden looks a good all round player who knows the league and will slot in and hit the ground running we hope, leaburn coming back from injury and we all know how good he is even if we only get to see it until January. Yes jones wanted to have most in before pre season but wouldn’t every manager? Let’s all stick together and try to keep the faith!

Agree.

Would you say that’s what’s happening on here?

Think most are waiting for admission to the psych ward;)
    I was thinking more on the lines of the training ground tbh. I suspect it’ll be hard enough getting everybody on here on their toes let alone keeping them on their toes…
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!