Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• cafc_se7 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Bit on Davies.. So he had agreed a deal to sign for us, but then for the last 10 days, he was meant to come down to complete medical and sign the contract, but every day another excuse, then late last week, he said other opportunities haver come to light, and want to explore, then asked for more money.. He well and truly f****d us about.. We move on.. It is now silly season, will be a lot of agreements but don't progress.. But that is the football industry for you.. 

It is football... so I don't get your point!
    That the line that has been served up on here is along the lines of 'we are shopping in a different market now' and already 'money' is the stumbling block. We even needed money so much so, that we have sold the biggest goal threat in the league to a promotion rival, that we can't get near in terms of resources. 

I don't believe a word these owners say. This will be a constant thing this window. The harsh reality is, we had 4 good players last season, 3 have left/been sold, and the other is yet to sign a contract extension. 

May has been sold to fund the incomings we have had, so far. It will not shock me at all if we break even this window, or thereabouts, which we cannot afford to do. We have all just witnessed one of the worst Charlton sides ever, the only ones who were stopping us from being the worst side in the league, are all gone bar a couple. 

We need to spend a fair few million to turn this mess around, do I see us doing that? No. As we have already cashed in, or attempted to cash in (Dobsons case) on all our best players so far. 

I just don't see how this is any different from the previous owners/windows we have had.
    Fella, it is football.. Every single club up and down the country is the same.. What a club wants to do, and putting in to action is different, you miss out on targets, players want to leave.. You can make a plan today, then tomorrow it all changes! Where has money been a stumbling block?? People's value is only as much as someone is willing to pay them! 

Everyone keeps going on about we lost 4 good players.. They have been part of a side that has finished lower half of league 1.. That is a fact! It is about the team, not individuals.

One thing for sure is, the club are putting lots of stepping stones in place, ensuring our players stay fit, we are engaging with the local community, we are setting partnerships up which allows to tap into different markets! The club is in a stronger position that it has been for the last 10 or 12 years to be successful again.. 

Let's see what happens between here at the end of the window..

FYI, I think May will flop at Brum, and we will be saying, that was a good bit of business.. 
    I absolutely agree with. I think a lot of the bed wetters are going to have serious egg on their faces this season.
    Calling fellow Charlton fans bed wetters because they have concerns about how the squad is shaping up is not very nice imo 
    Sorry if you took offence, many players come and go, I for one was very happy when NJ came in. I live local to Luton, a lot of my mates are Luton fans and they think he will do well. As silly as it sounds, I wasn’t bowled over by Alfie last season. Excellent goalscorer but I do believe we need more of a presence. 

Let’s just see what happens.
  • No evidence to suggest May will be a flop at Brum
  • cafc_se7 said:
    cafc_se7 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Bit on Davies.. So he had agreed a deal to sign for us, but then for the last 10 days, he was meant to come down to complete medical and sign the contract, but every day another excuse, then late last week, he said other opportunities haver come to light, and want to explore, then asked for more money.. He well and truly f****d us about.. We move on.. It is now silly season, will be a lot of agreements but don't progress.. But that is the football industry for you.. 

That the line that has been served up on here is along the lines of 'we are shopping in a different market now' and already 'money' is the stumbling block. We even needed money so much so, that we have sold the biggest goal threat in the league to a promotion rival, that we can't get near in terms of resources. 

I don't believe a word these owners say. This will be a constant thing this window. The harsh reality is, we had 4 good players last season, 3 have left/been sold, and the other is yet to sign a contract extension. 

May has been sold to fund the incomings we have had, so far. It will not shock me at all if we break even this window, or thereabouts, which we cannot afford to do. We have all just witnessed one of the worst Charlton sides ever, the only ones who were stopping us from being the worst side in the league, are all gone bar a couple. 

We need to spend a fair few million to turn this mess around, do I see us doing that? No. As we have already cashed in, or attempted to cash in (Dobsons case) on all our best players so far. 

I just don't see how this is any different from the previous owners/windows we have had.
    Fella, it is football.. Every single club up and down the country is the same.. What a club wants to do, and putting in to action is different, you miss out on targets, players want to leave.. You can make a plan today, then tomorrow it all changes! Where has money been a stumbling block?? People's value is only as much as someone is willing to pay them! 

Everyone keeps going on about we lost 4 good players.. They have been part of a side that has finished lower half of league 1.. That is a fact! It is about the team, not individuals.

One thing for sure is, the club are putting lots of stepping stones in place, ensuring our players stay fit, we are engaging with the local community, we are setting partnerships up which allows to tap into different markets! The club is in a stronger position that it has been for the last 10 or 12 years to be successful again.. 

FYI, I think May will flop at Brum, and we will be saying, that was a good bit of business.. 
    I absolutely agree with. I think a lot of the bed wetters are going to have serious egg on their faces this season.
    Calling fellow Charlton fans bed wetters because they have concerns about how the squad is shaping up is not very nice imo 
    Sorry if you took offence, many players come and go, I for one was very happy when NJ came in. I live local to Luton, a lot of my mates are Luton fans and they think he will do well. As silly as it sounds, I wasn’t bowled over by Alfie last season. Excellent goalscorer but I do believe we need more of a presence. 

I am exactly the same. I’m expecting a lot of chances to be created from Ramsey & Small this season. Dont think May scored a single header last season which probably isn’t helpful to our playing style next season. 
  • A twitter feed on the Dobbo thread says he’s pulled out due to family reasons and is no longer in Hungary 🤔
    Sure he knows the way to Sparrows Lane...just get y'self over there Georgie boy...🙄
    No evidence to say he'll do well either then in that case. His record at Doncaster was 1 in 9, 1 in 2.5 at Cheltenham and roughly 1 in (slightly under) 2 at us. If he follows that trajectory he's going to score 35 goals at Brum (very unlikely) or he's going to tail off having already peaked at Cheltenham and us (more likely) 

FWIW I think he'll score between 12 and 15 goals for them this season, but won't be their top scorer and they'll win the league. He'll then struggle in the championship and move in that January to someone else in League 1
    I believe they will sign players a level above him. 
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc_se7 said:
    cafc_se7 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

I am exactly the same. I’m expecting a lot of chances to be created from Ramsey & Small this season. Dont think May scored a single header last season which probably isn’t helpful to our playing style next season. 
    One against Sutton and another against Peterborough 
  • Older and worse than May. Perfect logic Charlton. 
    You don’t know that.
  • An Hungarian twitter feed on the Dobbo thread says he’s pulled out due to family reasons and is no longer in Hungary 🤔
    Did they hear that when they were in a Taxi?
  • cafc_se7 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

I absolutely agree with you here. I think a lot of the bed wetters are going to have serious egg on their faces this season.
    I'm sure there will be a website for that sort of thing if you're interested. http://goldenshowersandyoke.com/ maybe.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    thenewbie said:
    cafc_se7 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Nor is calling anyone looking for a positive "happy clappers", "SMT spokesperson", "drinking the kool aid" etc. Not that I'm accusing you personally of saying those things but both "sides" of this are equally infantile at times.
    Well said.
    It is funny though isn't if you do call them that, you are seen as the bad person... But they are happy to have a pop!
    Agreed, so long as it’s the same people taking offence to being called one thing and then calling people another. I’m not sure it is. 
  • I know everyone is disappointed about May leaving , I am too but peeps saying Godden is to old do we not remember Garry Nelson  , he was amazing and experienced at around same age as Godden in a higher league too , let's see what happens 
  • Sponsored links:

• Interesting Godden played for both Ebbsfleet and Dartford before getting his break in league football 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

One thing for sure is, the club are putting lots of stepping stones in place, ensuring our players stay fit, we are engaging with the local community, we are setting partnerships up which allows to tap into different markets! The club is in a stronger position that it has been for the last 10 or 12 years to be successful again.. Appointed a manager who can get us out of this league, and take us on. 

Yes, they didn't get everything right at the start, but they have taken that on board, and make changes..

I think it’s likely that he doesn’t do that well, I’m not sure their new manager will set up the team or play the style required to get the best out of him. At Huddersfield he’d have scored 20+, with us he probably would as well, at Birmingham I am less certain 

Even if he doesn’t do well there, that doesn’t mean it was a good bit of business if we then finish 12th ourselves. We know May can score 20+ at this level playing for us. For selling him to be a success, the team needs to score as many (or more) goals than last season and also finish in the top 6 
  • I know everyone is disappointed about May leaving , I am too but peeps saying Godden is to old do we not remember Garry Nelson  , he was amazing and experienced at around same age as Godden in a higher league too , let's see what happens 
    Nelson was 30 years old when he joined Charlton and was 35 when he left for Torquay 
  • Valley11 said:
    An Hungarian twitter feed on the Dobbo thread says he’s pulled out due to family reasons and is no longer in Hungary 🤔
    Q photo of Dobson unveiled as Millwall player
    Signing for Birmingham?
  • shirty5 said:
    I know everyone is disappointed about May leaving , I am too but peeps saying Godden is to old do we not remember Garry Nelson  , he was amazing and experienced at around same age as Godden in a higher league too , let's see what happens 
    Nelson was 30 years old when he joined Charlton and was 35 when he left for Torquay 
    And played more games for us than for anyone else in his long career.
  • Older and worse than May. Perfect logic Charlton. 
    Who said he is worse? Has May played in the premiership or the championship?
  • Hear May is singing Wednesday
  • ct_addick said:
    Only Charlton....get rid of your top goal scorer and left with 2 crocks up top.
    Leaburn is not a crock. He got injured by a very bad tackle in pre-season last year & on his comeback done his hamstring...which many many players have done in their careers. 

If we brought in both Godden & Ahadme then I'd not be worried about our forward line at all. 

Nor me. Midfield, defence and Goalkeeper would still put the fear in me though!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!