Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    Cornick would be an excellent signing , Bristol City have just brought in a 6ft 4 French striker so that could free up Cornick if the wages work. 
  • Options
    How long before the team fly out to Slovenia or wherever, is there still time to bring players in before then.

Be good if we have another 2 or 3 in, to travel with the rest of the team.
  • Options
    How long before the team fly out to Slovenia or wherever, is there still time to bring players in before then.

Be good if we have another 2 or 3 in, to travel with the rest of the team.
    They don't go until next week.
    So, still time. Thanks.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    fenaddick said:
    Not sure if he’s reliable…
    Usually pretty accurate. Given the Birmingham squad looks stronger than the Huddersfield one to me already I think this is a better outcome for us. 
    To be honest if they have 20 mill to spend in league one which is madness then you might as well say that one of the two top spots gone .. so rather May go to them then say a Barnsley who we are up against for the other spot and play offs 
    Means nothing of the sort.  It means everyone will try harder to beat them.

They are still an absolute car crash of a team and club with a lunatic owner and an untested manager.  They are clearly trying the Ipswich route of picking up a premier league coach and blitzing it by throwing money at it but it doesn't always work and they will be a lot of team's cup final next year.

If Alfie thinks our fans can be harsh just wait until he misses a chance up there...
    I'd still prefer May goes there than Huddersfield though - from a pragmatic perspective at least. May at Huddersfield will probably score goals pretty regularly and add a cutting edge that would make them odds on for promotion.

May at Birmingham on the other hand will either be "just" another good player at a club with plenty to choose from (so not really a decisive factor in his own right) OR they will be a hot mess of egos and mismanagement and it will all go sideways (which would not be fun for Alfie personally I'm sure but no doubt he'd be well reimbursed for his pains.)

If he does go, Birmingham would probably be the least impactful move in terms of promotion vs not - for both us and them.
  • Options
    I’m not happy that Alfie has gone but Cornick would be a good addition to the squad, especially at this level. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mart77 said:
    I’m not happy that Alfie has gone but Cornick would be a good addition to the squad, especially at this level. 

Yeah would be a good addition along with more of a natural goalscorer. Guess it depends on if we land Ahadme. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Connick would be an excellent signing , Bristol City have just brought in a 6ft 4 French striker so that could free up Connick if the wages work. 
    Does Harry Connick JR play football as well?
    He's not as good as that Italian boy, Sinatra.
  • Options
    Always thought May was an over rated goal hanger who held the team back.

As bad as Lyle Taylor now he has engineered a move.
    I refer you to my post of 13 June  ;)
  • Options
    edited July 1
    Surprisingly Vaclav Hladky has left Ipswich Town at the expiry of his Contract (Turned down a new Deal) - He played every game in goal for them last season, so cant see Christian Walton going anywhere any time soon.
  • Options
    Surprisingly Vaclav Hladky has left Ipswich Town at the expiry of his Contract (Turned down a new Deal) - He played every game in goal for them last season, so cant see Christian Walton going anywhere any time soon.

Rumours they want Carl Rushworth from Brighton but can see that being quite a drawn out deal to get done. Would rule out Walton now pretty much. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 1
    Swisdom said:
    As per The Udders forum;
    "Heard May will be on 11k a week at Birmingham, can’t compete with that, should have gotten the deal over the line sooner"...
    Sounds like a good offer from Brum...if true...🤷‍♂️
    Once we'd accepted an offer from him his mind was made up to leave so it was clearly then going to be about money.  Short career and all that.  If he can pick up half a million a year for a couple of years he goes a long way towards securing his future I guess.
    Accepted an offer from him, or for him? 

One letter (then rearranged) can make quite a difference here! 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Rumours they want Carl Rushworth from Brighton but can see that being quite a drawn out deal to get done. Would rule out Walton now pretty much. 
    I'm surprised they're not aiming higher than Rushworth, who's only 22 and has only played one season in the Championship. Either way Walton is their number 1 for the time being.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Swisdom said:
    As per The Udders forum;
    "Heard May will be on 11k a week at Birmingham, can’t compete with that, should have gotten the deal over the line sooner"...
    Once we'd accepted an offer from him his mind was made up to leave so it was clearly then going to be about money.  Short career and all that.  If he can pick up half a million a year for a couple of years he goes a long way towards securing his future I guess.

We received an offer For him.  My mistake. 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    mendonca said:
    Swisdom said:
    As per The Udders forum;

We received an offer For him.  My mistake. 
    Give us some good news @Swisdom we need some good signings in now , you must know something.
  • Options
    Pure speculation on my part but Ryan Woods has just had his contract with Hull terminated, by mutual consent...

Midfielder, worked under Jones @ Stoke (Was on loan at Exeter last season), although doesnt sound like he was ever much of a starter under Nathan.
  • Options
    Pure speculation on my part but Ryan Woods has just had his contract with Hull terminated, by mutual consent...

Midfielder, worked under Jones @ Stoke (Was on loan at Exeter last season), although doesnt sound like he was ever much of a starter under Nathan.
    We want our ginge back! (For those at Bristol rovers away). 
    Seemed like a good lad but if he was a squad player at Rovers and Exeter then that would not be the calibre of signing we should be looking at