Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    Sambcafc said:
    mart77 said:
    Was there any word on who the other free agent that has been training with us? I know Teddy Bishop was mentioned as one. 
    Personally think people have misunderstood what Rich said in the podcast… he said he wouldn’t be surprised to see free agents training with us to play for deals (assume like we did with Wickham and luslua) he didn’t say there are two training with us as some have suggested here
    I think that was the line, sounded like it came from his convo with Jones?
  • Options
    mart77 said:
    Was there any word on who the other free agent that has been training with us? I know Teddy Bishop was mentioned as one. 
    Chinese whispers at it's best

• Options
    Apparently Burton and Birmingham are currently interested in Luis Suarez - yes, the bitey one!

would he be of interest to our fan base?
  • Options
    edited June 30
    Swisdom said:
    Apparently Burton and Birmingham are currently interested in Luis Suarez - yes, the bitey one!

certainly something to chew over!
  • Options
    Going to Birmingham doesn't really tally with the moving to be closer to her family line.

OK, Brum is closer to Doncaster than Snodland but it's not exactly the easy commute that Huddersfield is.

WIOTOS
    Has May got the same agent as Dale Stephens??

Alfie May does have a Dale Stephens SATNAV so don't rule out Plymouth.
    Not sure he wants to go that far north.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Must be tough to choose between Miami or the Midlands 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If a 20 goals a season player does not fit the way Jones wants to set his team up then change the system or better still try your system elsewhere there are plenty more good managers out there 
    Wow so one player trumps the manager of a team… this is why with fans like this, the reason we will never get anywhere soon. 
    What do fans have to do with the reason we never get anywhere (or otherwise) ?
  • Options
    If a 20 goals a season player does not fit the way Jones wants to set his team up then change the system or better still try your system elsewhere there are plenty more good managers out there 
    Wow so one player trumps the manager of a team… this is why with fans like this, the reason we will never get anywhere soon. 
    What do fans have to do with the reason we never get anywhere (or otherwise) ?
    In broad terms (not aimed at you or indeed any fan in particular).... quite a lot, potentially. The wish for quite some time has been for a manager to actually manage and not being beholden to a "Director of Football" type and be able to make his own decisions.

We seem to have done just that, Jones has repeatedly stated he is the one making the decisions but because one of those is controversial, already people are saying he's rubbish and they never liked him anyway.

A bit of cynicism and wariness is understandable in the circumstances but the risk of a toxic environment is high. Some pressure is natural and even beneficial but it can easily spill over into detrimental.
  • Options
    edited June 30
    MarcusH26 said:
    Why would a Championship team want Godden and not May?
    Maybe we've got Godden all wrong...🙄
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Cheaper and more proven in the Championship?
  • Options
    Can see why a newly promoted side like Oxford would be very interested in Godden , plenty of championship experience and I doubt the fee would be too ridiculous for someone that's going to be 33 by the start of the season and unlikely to be in Covs plans.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Because Godden a better option he a better all round player .. not just goalscoring but his assists as well , May never played higher them mid table league one think people see him 
    as a risk … given age and price 
  • Options

Oxford apparently  now in for Notts Co striker Macaulay Langstaff ??

• Options

Oxford apparently  now in for Notts Co striker Macaulay Bonne ??

Get it right, Ronnie!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Thought I saw Millwall were in
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

Thought I saw Millwall were in
    Birmingham forum think they are in for him too.
  • Options
    I've only seen Millwall properly linked to Langstaff by good solid sources , not seen anything about Oxford or Swansea.... Would be surprised if anyone in League 1 could afford him unless Birmingham want to pair him with Alfie 
  • Options
    edited June 30
    Langstaff.  We shoukd have tried signing him last season. Too late now.
    Would’ve been too late last summer too. As soon as any Championship team knew there’s a chance he’s off they would’ve been in for him. It’s not as if he was some unknown quantity 12 months ago.
  • Options
    edited June 30
    MarcusH26 said:
    I've only seen Millwall properly linked to Langstaff by good solid sources , not seen anything about Oxford or Swansea.... Would be surprised if anyone in League 1 could afford him unless Birmingham want to pair him with Alfie 
    Brum won't want 2 small forwards,They usually have big players 
  • Options
    doronron said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Brum won't want 2 small forwards,They usually have big players 

Jutkewicz and May even though Jutkewicz is getting on is quite a scary prospect. 
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    Jesus I want to know what @golfaddick did when we sold Darren Bent. Have you only just started going back to the Valley to watch games again after that ban? 
    Hardly the same situation is it ? We'd been relegated from the Premier League & we didnt sell him to a team in the same division. 

But apart from that......🙄
    And made a substantial profit, unlike the meagre one with May.