Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    Would be nice if we saw some serious movement this week, it's getting increasingly difficult to put a positive spin on what is being proposed at the moment. Those who have some kind of ITK information seems calmer than those who don't which hopefully is a sign there are positive things being worked out in the background, as opposed to those individuals have drunk the kool aid 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    cafc4life said:
    that doesnt look like a promotion winning squad to me
    Got mid-table written all over it. Only thing giving me some confidence is that we have Nathan Jones, probably one of the, if not the, best managers in the league so hopefully he can get the maximum out of the squad 

Yeah seeing that squad written out it looks short on an out and out creative midfielder and still would like another senior CB and striker beyond what's rumoured. 
  • Options
    Has May gone yet?
  • Options
    edited July 1
    barstool said:
    May has gone, we are now in July 
    Tee hee.
    Got me at first!
  • Options
    barstool said:
    May has gone, we are now in July 
    Crap I missed June then
  • Options
    https://www.newcastleunited.com/en/news/newcastle-united-sign-goalkeeper-john-ruddy

Ruddy to Newcastle confirmed although I think everyone had ruled him out last week. 
  • Options
    Would it be possible to have individual threads for each transfer rumour, for example, titled RUMOUR: Godden.   As it stands, you look at your phone after a few hours, there's hundreds of posts and no new rumours.

It's just an idea, as you wouldn't have to read through hundreds of posts, as it would be obvious from the title of the thread
    It'll never catch on  :#
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    https://www.newcastleunited.com/en/news/newcastle-united-sign-goalkeeper-john-ruddy

Ruddy to Newcastle confirmed although I think everyone had ruled him out last week. 
    I wonder if anyone told Jones the experienced keeper he wants also has to want to sign for us too for this to work 
  • Options
    The midfield looks woefully under strength if we want promotion at the moment.
    I’d have thought 5 more includes 2 midfielders with the others being a GK, CB and striker. It then becomes 6 with another striker to replace May.
  • Options
    Had a rare moment of being ITK, allegedly we went for Harry Cornick but couldn't get anywhere near his wages. Source is very credible and reliable, make of it what you will. 
    No sound as to whether we are planning to go back in with a second offer or not as of yet 
  • Options
    Had a rare moment of being ITK, allegedly we went for Harry Cornick but couldn't get anywhere near his wages. Source is very credible and reliable, make of it what you will. 
    Not surprised, I think he's on about £15,000 a week
  • Options
    Not sure if he’s reliable…
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    The midfield looks woefully under strength if we want promotion at the moment.
    I’d have thought 5 more includes 2 midfielders with the others being a GK, CB and striker. It then becomes 6 with another striker to replace May.
    Basically need a whole new spine of the team, and unless they are all top quality additions we won’t be in the promotion hunt. 

If we get those 5/6 signings and they are Mitchell/Berry level then we’ve got a chance 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 1
    Sounds like The Udders forum are getting bad news...oh well, welcome to the club...🙄

"Seems that Alfie May to Birmingham is as good as done according to a reliable Twitter account. Bet he scores at least 3 against us this season. (That doesn’t mean that we lose those games! Don’t be negative)...
    If it’s true fuck him"...

Gotta laugh...😂😂
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Usually pretty accurate. Given the Birmingham squad looks stronger than the Huddersfield one to me already I think this is a better outcome for us. 
    Agreed.
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Usually pretty accurate. Given the Birmingham squad looks stronger than the Huddersfield one to me already I think this is a better outcome for us. 
    To be honest if they have 20 mill to spend in league one which is madness then you might as well say that one of the two top spots gone .. so rather May go to them then say a Barnsley who we are up against for the other spot and play offs 
  • Options
    He been at Luton for a few years most one of their biggest earners .. if he still at Luton a loan deal perhaps is the only option on this one 
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    To be honest if they have 20 mill to spend in league one which is madness then you might as well say that one of the two top spots gone .. so rather May go to them then say a Barnsley who we are up against for the other spot and play offs 
    Think May would score more goals at Huddersfield than he will at Birmingham. Manager and formation is perfect for him there, still unknown how Birmingham will be setting up. Definitely rather he goes there than Huddersfield 
  • Options
    He been at Luton for a few years most one of their biggest earners .. if he still at Luton a loan deal perhaps is the only option on this one 
    Nearly mate, nearly. Except he's been at Bristol City for the last 18 months and was barely used at all last season 

🤣🤣
    Brilliant 
  • Options