Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    Hinton said:
    My 1st post here in years. I've seen loads of great players leave our club. My all time hero was Marvin Hinton. But I'm first a loyal fan you either accept it or not.

Good to see a senior fan back.
    I would never have guessed that Marvin was your favourite 😃
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Why would a Championship team want Godden and not May?
    Almost as if the experts know more about football than people on this forum? Funny old game. 
    Appreciate you reading between the lines of my question…
  • Options
    edited June 30
    MarcusH26 said:
    Cheaper. 

The same reason Rotherham signed Washington a couple of years ago. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Because Godden a better option he a better all round player .. not just goalscoring but his assists as well , May never played higher them mid table league one think people see him 
    as a risk … given age and price 
    To be far to May he can't do the assists and score! He's the only one that can score, so might as well be the one in the middle. Being out wide is nuts, but then we had nobody who could put in a decent cross for him (after our other half decent crosser was sold to a rival). Hmm a theme developing!!?? 
    That’s why you need to strikers both scoring .. not relying on just one 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    If we do end up with him,Charlie boy might knobble him in the car park for turning his club down…😬
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    If we do end up with him,Charlie boy might knobble him in the car park for turning his club down…😬
    He’ll buy him for Charlton for £1.5m and sell him to Oxford for a tenner.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Because Godden a better option he a better all round player .. not just goalscoring but his assists as well , May never played higher them mid table league one think people see him 
    as a risk … given age and price 
    To be far to May he can't do the assists and score! He's the only one that can score, so might as well be the one in the middle. Being out wide is nuts, but then we had nobody who could put in a decent cross for him (after our other half decent crosser was sold to a rival). Hmm a theme developing!!?? 
    That’s why you need to strikers both scoring .. not relying on just one 
    Or even two, Ronnie.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Cheaper and more proven in the Championship?
    Coming from the Championship his wages won't be cheap.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dizzle said:

Oxford apparently  now in for Notts Co striker Macaulay Langstaff ??

Thought I saw Millwall were in
    Millwall's budget dependent on Fleming to Ipswich.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    Scoham said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Cheaper and more proven in the Championship?
    Coming from the Championship his wages won't be cheap.
    I meant Godden may be cheaper overall when you include the fee.
  • Options
    Would it be possible to have individual threads for each transfer rumour, for example, titled RUMOUR: Godden.   As it stands, you look at your phone after a few hours, there's hundreds of posts and no new rumours.

It's just an idea, as you wouldn't have to read through hundreds of posts, as it would be obvious from the title of the thread
    I would like that. 

Also 1 thread for all the RIPs. 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I think it is going to be a really busy week, few comings and goings.. Clubs will up there games now they are back in training.
    Have you heard anyone in particular is close ? Other site reckons Davies has now stalled signing due to wanting to be in the championship so we could move on very soon to other GK targets
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I think it is going to be a really busy week, few comings and goings.. Clubs will up there games now they are back in training.
    Have you heard anyone in particular is close ? Other site reckons Davies has now stalled signing due to wanting to be in the championship so we could move on very soon to other GK targets
    Adam Davies

Charlton have been looking to complete the free transfer signing of keeper Adam Davies, whose Sheffield United deal expires on July 1. Jones said: “We have got targets, but they are waiting for Championship interest. That’s why (there has been a delay).

Friday’s South London Press
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Don't think that is anything new, Jones said that last week..  Yes couple close, but they have been for a week or so.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bishop and Godden were mentioned to me but no idea where they are now
    Somewhere in the UK most likely 
  • Options
    Bishop and Godden were mentioned to me but no idea where they are now
    Somewhere in the UK most likely 
    Godden is due back with Coventry today I believe, be interesting to see if he’s in any of the training pictures. 
  • Options
    Rob Street to Lincoln. Wondered if he’s one that would have suited Jones’ style of play
  • Options
    With Ipswich's No1 from last season Vaclav Hladky now out of contract I'd be surprised if they'd sanction any move for Walton until they get their own keeper situation sorted 
  • Options
    So I see our squad as currently something like this.... with some of the stronger rumoured players added in. 
    It would make it 6 new from today which is NJs 5 plus a May replacement given he seems likely to go.

New (Walton/Davies?)
                                          Mannion

Ramsey       REG     A Mitchell.       New.          Small
    Watson.       Ness     Jones.        Gillesphy.   Edwards

Berry         New (Bishop?)              New
           Coventry          Anderson.         Campbell/Taylor

New (Ahadme?)        New (Godden?)
                         Kanu.                 Leaburn/Aneke

To leave Perm
    Isted, AMB, Fraser, Edun, Henry

To leave on loan
    Assimwe, Z Mitchell

U21s who will be hopeful of breakout year
    Bower, Hobden, Huke, Kedwell, M'bick, Casey, Toure
    Looks about right although more like Zach Mitchell will stay and compete with Ness leaving on a perm
  • Options
    edited July 1
    cafc4life said:
    that doesnt look like a promotion winning squad to me
    Got mid-table written all over it. Only thing giving me some confidence is that we have Nathan Jones, probably one of the, if not the, best managers in the league so hopefully he can get the maximum out of the squad