Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    MrBurns said:
    It's hard not to be disappointed by this club. Without May last season we would be a league two club. 
    I thought it was Nathan Jones that saved us from L2 :smile:
  • Options
    3 year deal @11kp/w is wild to me for a 30 year old that hasn't proven himself above L1 level.

Sad to see him go - let's see if we reinvest.
  • Options

Ryan Woods feels like one of those players that would have been a good signing a few years ago but has just gone off the boil completely. Definitely had the potential when he was at Brentford. 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Yann897 said:
    Swisdom said:
    mendonca said:
    Swisdom said:
    As per The Udders forum;
    "Heard May will be on 11k a week at Birmingham, can’t compete with that, should have gotten the deal over the line sooner"...
    Sounds like a good offer from Brum...if true...🤷‍♂️
    Once we'd accepted an offer from him his mind was made up to leave so it was clearly then going to be about money.  Short career and all that.  If he can pick up half a million a year for a couple of years he goes a long way towards securing his future I guess.
    Accepted an offer from him, or for him? 

One letter (then rearranged) can make quite a difference here! 
    We received an offer For him.  My mistake. 
    Give us some good news @Swisdom we need some good signings in now , you must know something.
    All I know is I'm going to have a new neighbour.

Deathly silent on the rumour front.  The club have worked hard to keep everything under wraps.  I know we were keen on Etete, Ahadme, Davies.  We did look at Lolos formerly of Crawley but we went off him fairly quickly.
    There's a trialist over from Mount Pleasant apparently but no idea who that is
    And one other mystery player who has a lot of rave reviews but who is very raw at the moment.  I'm sworn to secrecy on him so as not to jeopardise anything but I wouldn't think he's necessarily lined up as a starter just yet anyway.

Divin Mubama??
  • Options
    Not sure I believe 11k a week. These kinds of rumours always do the rounds when teams lose/lose out on players to rivals - “wanted to move north”, “we couldn’t guarantee him starting every week” etc. It’s always smelt like propaganda put out by one of the unsuccessful suitors, to me, to try and appease their own fans. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    Yann897 said:
    Swisdom said:
    mendonca said:
    Swisdom said:
    As per The Udders forum;
    "Heard May will be on 11k a week at Birmingham, can’t compete with that, should have gotten the deal over the line sooner"...
    Once we'd accepted an offer from him his mind was made up to leave so it was clearly then going to be about money.  Short career and all that.  If he can pick up half a million a year for a couple of years he goes a long way towards securing his future I guess.

Give us some good news @Swisdom we need some good signings in now , you must know something.

Deathly silent on the rumour front.  The club have worked hard to keep everything under wraps.  I know we were keen on Etete, Ahadme, Davies.  We did look at Lolos formerly of Crawley but we went off him fairly quickly.
    And one other mystery player who has a lot of rave reviews but who is very raw at the moment.  I'm sworn to secrecy on him so as not to jeopardise anything but I wouldn't think he's necessarily lined up as a starter just yet anyway.

Divin Mubama??
    No chance unfortunately 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Smithy said:
    'The days of selling our best players are over'. Would any other team in this league aiming for promotion sell their best player to a promotion rival for less than £1m? We all know the answer to that question. 
    Do you really see us as promotion rivals? I can't see it myself. 
    Definitely not based on where we are right now. 
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    Swisdom said:
    Yann897 said:
    Swisdom said:
    mendonca said:
    Swisdom said:
    As per The Udders forum;

Divin Mubama??
    No chance unfortunately 
    Still on my wish list. 
  • Options
    Smithy said:
    'The days of selling our best players are over'. Would any other team in this league aiming for promotion sell their best player to a promotion rival for less than £1m? We all know the answer to that question. 
    Based on what posters with a good track record of being right on here have said, if he wanted to go, why keep him. Would you want an unsettled player in your dressing room every day?

if we have sold him without a plan, then I’m with you 
  • Options
    Cambridge are in for Ahadme on a permanent as well 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can’t blame him, if those numbers are correct then he will clear a million pounds after tax over next 3 years. Don’t forget he has spent his whole career in the lower leagues and won’t have earned good money for most of it.
    Yeah if* that's anything like accurate then I'd actually be a bit more sympathetic to the club in the circumstances. A player who gets given an opportunity like that is never going to turn it down willingly and forcing them to stay is unlikely to benefit anyone. 

Still a real shame if does go but a bit more understandable from the perspective of both Alfie and Charlton.

*"If" being a highly operative word of course
  • Options
    Can't see them being able to pay the sort of fee required.
  • Options
    follett said:
    Cambridge are in for Ahadme on a permanent as well 
    According to google, their record fee paid is £190,000 for steve claridge in 1992.

if Ipswich want £1m, I can’t see Cambridge being a realistic offer
  • Options
    Very best to Alfie. Great move for him and his family. 
    As for us…feels all too familiar. Still plenty of time to go but this isn’t quite the Chris Powell early business hoped for. 
  • Options
    Would expect an incoming or two announced around the same time as May leaving announcement.
    A guess, something you’ve heard or just going on what Cawley said recently?
  • Options
    Would expect an incoming or two announced around the same time as May leaving announcement.
    Yep, something to kill the pain.
  • Options
    May, Dobson and CBT all sold in the space of 6 months. Are we still browsing in Waitrose?
    Yeah best winger, midfielder and striker - and haven’t really replaced. Maybe Berry for Dobson