Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    edited July 1
    Coventry was the Dobbo replacement......
  • Options
    May, Dobson and CBT all sold in the space of 6 months. Are we still browsing in Waitrose?
    Dobson wasn't sold, CBT was only sold because he refused a contract.  So that's one sold.

Inadequate contract offers to lose two players, that's a different story!!
  • Options
    edited July 1
    Just so we know the sort of muppets we are dealing with at crappy 'uddersfield, how about this little gem from their forum now...

"Easy solution just sign Kevin Gray up and tell him to go and snap his legs 😆"

Sour grapes or not, that is just not necessary, and totally wrong on anyone's forum...prats
  • Options
    Can’t blame him, if those numbers are correct then he will clear a million pounds after tax over next 3 years. Don’t forget he has spent his whole career in the lower leagues and won’t have earned good money for most of it.
    Can’t blame him but can blame the club for even letting him talk to them. He was happy enough here if we wanted him 

Big pressure on Jones to make this work now, hopefully 2 good strikers on their way in plus better luck with Leaburn and Aneke will mean we are ok 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Coventry was the Dobbo replacement......
    No he is not. Can't tackle for a start.
  • Options
    Squad looking very weak at present. No goalie any good, no leader in the back 4, no defensive midfielder and no proven fit striker
  • Options
    But I think he is clearly going to leave… I just don’t think we’d even be getting bids otherwise
    How does this make any sense?
    Hi Stu.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure I believe 11k a week. These kinds of rumours always do the rounds when teams lose/lose out on players to rivals - “wanted to move north”, “we couldn’t guarantee him starting every week” etc. It’s always smelt like propaganda put out by one of the unsuccessful suitors, to me, to try and appease their own fans. 
    I dunno, not an implausible amount of money if you believe Fraser and Aneke are on c.£6-7k a week as has been mentioned on here before.
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    Fair play to Alfie. Can't dispute his record, but if a young striker with potential comes in then I can kind of understand cashing in. I think some of us are being very short sighted here to be honest.
    More than that, some of us are virtually suicidal. 
  • Options
    May, Dobson and CBT all sold in the space of 6 months. Are we still browsing in Waitrose?
    Dobson wasn't sold, CBT was only sold because he refused a contract.  So that's one sold.

Inadequate contract offers to lose two players, that's a different story!!
    Not quite.  Dobson had been sold in January but Jones blocked the deal so in the end his contract ran out.
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    cafc_se7 said:
    Fair play to Alfie. Can't dispute his record, but if a young striker with potential comes in then I can kind of understand cashing in. I think some of us are being very short sighted here to be honest.
    More than that, some of us are virtually suicidal. 
    Par for the course with some people.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Yann897 said:
    Southbank said:
    Squad looking very weak at present. No goalie any good, no leader in the back 4, no defensive midfielder and no proven fit striker
    Harsh on mannion without seeing him play for us.
    And Mitchell who could be the leader we need.
    As could Berry?
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    Isn't this the kind of model that Peterborough do when it comes to strikers? not saying I have faith in the club to replace May with a younger version scoring 20+ goals next season while making a profit and personally think it's madness to sell to a promotion rival but I just hope we don't sell before we have his replacement in first.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Yann897 said:
    Southbank said:
    Harsh on mannion without seeing him play for us.
    And Mitchell who could be the leader we need.
    As could Berry?
    To be fair Southbank said that we didnt have a leader amongst the back four - But be very surprised, and disappointed if Berry isnt a leader amongst the whole squad.
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Mitchell?
  • Options
    Would expect an incoming or two announced around the same time as May leaving announcement.
    All hail the shit sandwich technique
  • Options
    follett said:
    Cambridge are in for Ahadme on a permanent as well 
    No way Cambridge can afford what Ipswich are asking 
  • Options
    So now the football world we live in knows we’re absolutely desperate for a striker or two. Thats the clubs, agents and players. The prices and player expectations just went north.
  • Options
    So now the football world we live in knows we’re absolutely desperate for a striker or two. Thats the clubs, agents and players. The prices and player expectations just went north.
    Unless of course we already have a couple of deals done and dusted and ready to go.
  • Options
    Not sure if he’s reliable…
    But he should give funny stamps
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Yeah best winger, midfielder and striker - and haven’t really replaced. Maybe Berry for Dobson
    Best winger ????? overrated refused to play pretended to be injured to get his move north … Dobson one he’s a gun to his head to sign the contract he was badly advised and May , not going start games under Jones and with his family already back up north it makes financial sense