Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• He's a bloody old looking 22 year old!
  • Can we stop this and get back to Alfie May leaving, FFS!
    I know you like these sort of things, and I thought this one was kinda appropriate, enjoy!

• Hal1x said:
    He's a bloody old looking 22 year old!
    Grim up North, sorry in Bermondsey.
  • Right!, anyone know who's next in?
  • 6 more defenders, and another keeper to go!
  • Hal1x said:
    He's a bloody old looking 22 year old!
    Even Millwall were convinced he was at least 26

• Right.....that's the defence sorted. Now time for the midfield & attack. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    For me, success starts at reaching the playoffs and is maxed out by winning the league.

Remember where we were on the last day of the season. 

If we reach the play offs and don't get promoted our owners will have spent something like £30M on a club that remains L1 and hence know they will have another £8-10M outlay the following year. With no assets p success or bail out and so we get to spin the wheel again.  They certainly wouldn't have reached elite or sustainable.
    Can you break down or inform us how are owners would have spent  something  like 
    30 million pounds on the club please. 

• Right.....that's the defence sorted. Now time for the midfield & attack. 
    First though, Golfie .....;. we just need to sell our 27 goal striker

• CAFCsayer said:
    Be interested to know the fee, Neil Harris has said that they're very happy with it
    suspect he's more happy with the sell on clause rather than the fee
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:
    If Maatsen is sold by Dortmund we'll get a bit of a solidarity payment for him.  If he goes for £40m that's another £200k into the transfer kitty I believe.  Not to be sniffed at
    How does that work seeing he was never our player? A thank you from Chelsea written into the loan contract?
    Solidarity payments are made to any club that played a part in the players' development between the ages of 12 and 23 I believe.  We had him when he was 19 so are entitled to  a percentage of the fee.  This only applies if a player moves to another country.  Same applies to Joe Gomez if he goes to Bayern - and we would get a lot more as he was with us for many years so he would be more like a million if he goes for £40m
    Would Connor Gallagher apply if he is sold abroad?
  • edited June 24
    CAFCsayer said:
    Be interested to know the fee, Neil Harris has said that they're very happy with it
    Tbh for that to be really worth much he’ll have to have done really well for us and we’re in a position where we’re selling him for a big fee, in which case we’d all have still done well out of the deal. 
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Don’t think so! He’ll be sacked before that gets paid 😂 
  • Does that mean we got some money every time lookman got transferred?
  • edited June 24
    Dazzler21 said:
    For me, success starts at reaching the playoffs and is maxed out by winning the league.

If we reach the play offs and don't get promoted our owners will have spent something like £30M on a club that remains L1 and hence know they will have another £8-10M outlay the following year. With no assets p success or bail out and so we get to spin the wheel again.  They certainly wouldn't have reached elite or sustainable.
    Can you break down or inform us how are owners would have spent  something  like 

That is at the end of 24/25 season per my post; as follows:

PP £12M.

2 years losses (by end of '24-25season) at c£8-9M pa = £16-18M.

Total £28-30M.

With Sandgaard we were losing £7-8M a year when he had cut us right back, these owners have increased spend on SMT (imagine the cost of Abbot, Methven, Scott, Rodwell, Warwick and Lenagan), before you even look at players, infrastructure etc so I am assuming losses widen.
  • Hal1x said:
    Can we stop this and get back to Alfie May leaving, FFS!
    I know you like these sort of things, and I thought this one was kinda appropriate, enjoy!

Very apt and like your other meme, I haven’t seen this one, so, fine by me.

The only memes I don’t mind seeing repeated is the Kenneth Williams and “It’s Happening” they both seem to sum us up.

But if I see the Monkey Drummer one more time, it’s Hara-Kari for me.

Actually scrub that last bit it might encourage people
  • edited June 24
    thenewbie said:
    Keeper should be wrapped up soon.
    I’m guessing Ruddy
    Or Davies
    I don’t think it’s Davies. I think that’s gone.
  • thenewbie said:
    I’m guessing Ruddy
    Or Davies
    I don’t think it’s Davies. 
    Tbh I was crossing my fingers for Walton. Davies and Ruddy would be ok but I’d love us to stretch to a really decent keeper than several average ones who never hang around. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Hal1x said:
    Can we stop this and get back to Alfie May leaving, FFS!

Very apt and like your other meme, I haven’t seen this one, so, fine by me.

The only memes I don’t mind seeing repeated is the Kenneth Williams and “It’s Happening” they both seem to sum us up.

But if I see the Monkey Drummer one more time, it’s Hara-Kari for me.

Actually scrub that last bit it might encourage people
    ...As if...🤔
  • mart77 said:
    thenewbie said:
    I’m guessing Ruddy
    Or Davies
    I don’t think it’s Davies. 
    Tbh I was crossing my fingers for Walton. Davies and Ruddy would be ok but I’d love us to stretch to a really decent keeper than several average ones who never hang around. 
    100% agree should push the boat out for walton but

Jensen from lincoln or wildsmith from derby on a free i would have over ruddy and co
  • Sorry if already mentioned as haven't had time to scroll through all the posts but Alfie signed a new contract at Cheltenham 2 years ago on the understanding, gentleman's agreement with the chairman, that if an offer of 250,000 came in and Alfie fancied the move then he could go, the fee would have been the same whoever bought him but he really wanted to come to Charlton, he performed well last season so more than kept his side of the deal it's Jones that doesn't seem to rate him! He wants 2 big mutts up front so are we getting 70s Wimbledon! no thanks from me and probably not for any skillful academy strikers!
  • Quick poll.

Wonder if our stand out signing of the summer has already been made, or yet to be signed.

The one that makes other clubs fans (and ours) go, "Oh really!"

I'm plumping for:
    Yet to be made
  • thenewbie said:
    I’m guessing Ruddy
    Or Davies
    I don’t think it’s Davies. I think that’s gone.
    I was under the impression that it was Ruddy which was unlikely.
  • Dazzler21 said:

That is at the end of 24/25 season per my post; as follows:

PP £12M.

2 years losses (by end of '24-25season) at c£8-9M pa = £16-18M.

Total £28-30M.

With Sandgaard we were losing £7-8M a year when he had cut us right back, these owners have increased spend on SMT (imagine the cost of Abbot, Methven, Scott, Rodwell, Warwick and Lenagan), before you even look at players, infrastructure etc so I am assuming losses widen.
    Quality comes at a cost B)
  • Quick poll.

Wonder if our stand out signing of the summer has already been made, or yet to be signed.

I'm plumping for:
    Yet to be made
    We dont do stand out signings, just ones that raise an eyebrow. 

That one being Luke Berry. 

• Millwall fans are saying Mitchell fee is 350,000
  • Quick poll.

I'm plumping for:
    Yet to be made
    Ben Watson, coming out of retirement.
  • Millwall fans are saying Mitchell fee is 350,000
    Up front, installments, or based on us selling him on?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!