Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Fully appreciate this is random, but i got a taxi to the airport the other day and the driver was an Orient fan. We started talking about Pratley but then he was raving about Idris El Mizouni, who they've had on loan from Ipswich for the last 2 seasons and is a player who obviously is unlikely to get into the Ipswich side. Anyway this guy said he hoped Orient could get him again but had heard a rumour we were interested.

Don't know much about the player, but is he any good?

Came up last summer as a target for us but went to Orient again, would definitely give us a strong midfield if you paired him with Coventry behind Berry. 
  • mart77 said:
    Fully appreciate this is random, but i got a taxi to the airport the other day and the driver was an Orient fan. We started talking about Pratley but then he was raving about Idris El Mizouni, who they've had on loan from Ipswich for the last 2 seasons and is a player who obviously is unlikely to get into the Ipswich side. Anyway this guy said he hoped Orient could get him again but had heard a rumour we were interested.

A triple signing of Walton, El Mizouni and Ahadme would be lovely. If only!
    El Miz will end up back at Orient, he's well liked there and has enjoyed his time.
  • Fully appreciate this is random, but i got a taxi to the airport the other day and the driver was an Orient fan. We started talking about Pratley but then he was raving about Idris El Mizouni, who they've had on loan from Ipswich for the last 2 seasons and is a player who obviously is unlikely to get into the Ipswich side. Anyway this guy said he hoped Orient could get him again but had heard a rumour we were interested.

Just done a quick search and seems that he missed the end of the season with a MCL injury, looks just the job for us!
  • edited June 25
    Just reading all the negative sulky stuff about us and Alfie on the Huddersfield forum...😂😂

Nice being on the giving rather than the receiving end for a change...
  • mart77 said:
    Fully appreciate this is random, but i got a taxi to the airport the other day and the driver was an Orient fan. We started talking about Pratley but then he was raving about Idris El Mizouni, who they've had on loan from Ipswich for the last 2 seasons and is a player who obviously is unlikely to get into the Ipswich side. Anyway this guy said he hoped Orient could get him again but had heard a rumour we were interested.

El Miz will end up back at Orient, he's well liked there and has enjoyed his time.
    Even if we make him a much better offer?
  • El-mizouni would be a superb signing if we can get him. Was their absolute star last year. Real energy and very talented. Certainly think he’s the type of player we’d be looking at.
  • I can imagine Ipswich will be holding out for a championship loan for El Mizouni having spent the past 2 seasons at Orient. That's to say not off the cards.
  • Sponsored links:

• If the May move never materialises it will be interesting to see if the very, very, very negative response to it has shifted the owners' position from 'if we make a profit then sure' to 'only if you pay an absolutely outrageous amount'. That would be a good thing if they've reflected and decided it's not worth it. Or he'll be gone tomorrow.

Also does this mean we're renewing our entirely one-sided rivalry with Huddersfield again already? Can't be arsed to deal with them getting arsey about us all over again just for existing. Who was that loon who used to come on here and complain about Chris Powell despite the fact he'd left ages ago and it wasn't our problem? Hope he doesn't come back 
    How do we even know that was ever the owners position to begin with?
  • If the May move never materialises it will be interesting to see if the very, very, very negative response to it has shifted the owners' position from 'if we make a profit then sure' to 'only if you pay an absolutely outrageous amount'. That would be a good thing if they've reflected and decided it's not worth it. Or he'll be gone tomorrow.
    It's a very fine balancing act from everyone involved, from both clubs, player and agent, all of whom are pretty much entirely thinking about money. I think any club with promotion ambition (which, I would optimistically hope we are aiming for) would be looking to keep a player with his proven quality and stats to back it up - and, imho, the man who shows the most leadership of the squad since the departure of Dobbo. Even with the noises some fans make about NJ giving him stick or subbing him, I think NJ is smart enough to see the value to the club, him and the fans. I get that he said he could make unpopular decisions, but that would strike me as a poor decision to cash in.

However, money talks in this game and we will have a price we want, and Huddersfield similar. Wages could be better there and it could be enough to turn Alfie's head. Maximising wages at this stage in a player's career is completely understandable. I don't think that Methven et al would be that concerned about fan reaction if it made good business since to flip Alfie for sizeable profit, but that also then requires immediate reinvestment in a position that I feel we already needed at least 1 more of anyway. The only main way of gaining substantially more revenue is through promotion and having Alfie would be much better than not in that regard.

Selling Alfie would, in my eyes, represent very short-term thinking. Even for silly numbers like £2-3M. I don't think Huddersfield would pay that much for a striker that conventional thinking would suggest is going to slowly start dipping over time. He's incredibly valuable for us in this league and could, supported properly, carry us through as a very important piece of the puzzle.

I don't think he'll go, but money will absolutely be the determining factor.
  • I can imagine Ipswich will be holding out for a championship loan for El Mizouni having spent the past 2 seasons at Orient. That's to say not off the cards.
    As with Ahadme the PL money should mean they’ve progressed well beyond El Mizouni, I would imagine they’d rather sell than lose them for nothing at the end of their contracts.

Has he done enough to attract Championship interest?
  • edited June 25
    Scoham said:
    mart77 said:

Even if we make him a much better offer?

Love these, “I got in a Taxi” posts, they should have a thread of their own;)

No offence.

https://youtu.be/TbLy7Lt6Za0?si=2XCrjvhlvHPIyxEJ

Love these, “I got in a Taxi” posts, they should have a thread of their own;)

No offence.

https://youtu.be/TbLy7Lt6Za0?si=2XCrjvhlvHPIyxEJ
    More reliable source of information than Twitter/X!
  • edited June 25
    mart77 said:

Oh really…..My guess is he’ll end up wherever he gets the biggest wage packet.🙄

Also does this mean we're renewing our entirely one-sided rivalry with Huddersfield again already? Can't be arsed to deal with them getting arsey about us all over again just for existing. Who was that loon who used to come on here and complain about Chris Powell despite the fact he'd left ages ago and it wasn't our problem? Hope he doesn't come back 
    The days of endless May discussions have been bizarre.

Huddersfield have made a bid, and we've rejected it. That's all that's actually happened, everything else is speculation and guesswork. We have no idea what either the owners or Nathan Jones want, or indeed what Alfie May wants. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Only thing we learned is May got into double figures before throwing away his wicket
  • Rothko said:
    Only thing we learned is May got into double figures before throwing away his wicket
    Has anyone found the scorecard? Would be quite interested to see it
  • edited June 25
    Think it was on the tweets at the weekend, but that Twitter account got deleted!

• TelMc32 said:
    I’ve gradually weaned myself off X/Twitter over the last year because of the amount of pure & utter tripe that gets posted there since Musk bought it.  Beginning to think he’s bought Charlton Life as well now 😏
    For £50m.... at least that's what my taxi driver said  :)
  • edited June 25
    We could do with a leader on the pitch etc: https://x.com/capnjazzyjeff/status/1805518483972575447
  • Couple of the usual engagement farming Twitter accounts are saying we've agreed a fee for Adahme. Hoping it's a case of no smoke without fire.
  • fenaddick said:
    Rothko said:
    Only thing we learned is May got into double figures before throwing away his wicket
    https://farningham.play-cricket.com/website/results/6125444
  • fenaddick said:
    Rothko said:
    https://farningham.play-cricket.com/website/results/6125444
    Great bowling figures. Nice bit of zip on the wicket taking delivery too

The days of endless May discussions have been bizarre.

Huddersfield have made a bid, and we've rejected it. That's all that's actually happened, everything else is speculation and guesswork. We have no idea what either the owners or Nathan Jones want, or indeed what Alfie May wants. 
    And you are still talking about it... :)
  • fenaddick said:
    Couple of the usual engagement farming Twitter accounts are saying we've agreed a fee for Adahme. Hoping it's a case of no smoke without fire.
    Probably a case of reading the forums and then posting the rumours they find.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!