Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

POST-MATCH THREAD: Wycombe Wanderers vs Charlton Athletic: Saturday 27th April 2024 | KO 12.30

Charlton headed to Wycombe looking to see out a disappointing season with some kind of a result to extend their extended unbeaten run of fourteen. Instead, the season went out with a whimper and a one nil loss. Nothing much happened, beyond frustration and disappointment all round, which I suppose reflects the season. Charlton had opportunities, particularly in the second half, where loanee Fiorini hit the crossbar with a cracking free kick, and substitute Chuks Aneke caused a bit of havoc. But Charlton were unable to score.

We look forward now. Changes to the pitch. Changes to the squad. There are reasons to be optimistic.

Wycombe 1 Charlton 0

Over to you.

Comments

• Shit end to a shit season. All rather apt
  • Thank god I never have to watch most of those players pull on the shirt again. Hopeless. 

• edited April 27
    That match perfectly summed up our season. Well played lads.

Is it too late to pay 55 notes to cover the cost of your dinner tomorrow?
  • Hopefully NJ has realized that we need a whole new defence and midfield. Say goodbye to hector, Thomas, Dobson etc and get in some better players. 

Shit season. Thank fuck it is over 
  • Shit end to a shit season. All rather apt
    Yup
  • Always been good following the season with you ugly lot on here.

Unfortunately its been far too ugly on the pitch, with today a montage to how horrible this season has been, crap referees, pointless bookings, and a pointless performance from far too many individuals.

No one wanted to be out there today

Hopefully we'll see a huge overhaul amongst the squad, we cant start playing for points after 75mins every game, and need a lot more clean sheets.

Have a great summer!!
  • edited April 27
    Meh end to a meh season that bordered on disastrous at times, so in hindsight meh is not that bad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Terrible performance, even more terrible officiating.
    Hope that lineup is Jones making final decisions on some individuals ala Thomas 
  • First half shite. Second half slightly less shite. 
  • Didn't deserve anything from that, just absolutely awful. Crap subs by Jones as well, we were even worse after that triple change. An apt end to a truly awful season. I hope everyone who's contracts are up (bar Small) is sent far far away
  • LTKapal said:
    Terrible performance, even more terrible officiating.
    Hope that lineup is Jones making final decisions on some individuals ala Thomas 
    Thomas has got to go but I reckon jones will keep him.
  • Alfie May League One top scorer (again).
  • Without Alfie's goals, we take Cheltenham's position and go down
  • edited April 27
    LoOkOuT said:
    Alfie May League One top scorer (again).
    First time he's won the Golden Boot
  • Sponsored links:

• Our season summed up in one match:

Can't defend
    Can't keep a clean sheet
    No creativity in midfield
    Goal-shy
    Shit ref
  • I think the fans were let down. Not necessarily by the result but by the approach of every person in the football staff.
    A huge shame.
  • Our season summed up in one match:

Can't defend
    Can't keep a clean sheet
    No creativity in midfield
    Goal-shy
    Shit ref
    Take off our top goalscorer - and only goal threat - at half time.
  • Crap game, crap season, worst ref I've ever seen. Curbs, Scott and Brownie all agree we should've had 2 penalties, the 2nd one was nailed on....I don't disagree!
    NJ has a huge job on his hands during this coming transfer window.
    Thanks to CATV for the work this season, hopefully they'll be back in August, but I somehow doubt it!