Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

POST-MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic vs Lincoln City: Tuesday 13th February 2024 | KO 19:45

1789101113»

Comments

• Interesting to get a different point of view
    https://staceywest.net/2024/02/14/alls-square-in-love-and-war-charlton-athletic-1-1-imps/2/

I listened to their pre-game pod as well and enjoy that as well. They are very generous in a lot of their comments about us. 
    There is abit of the " we're a small club fighting the odds" mentality, "oooh look at their bench" not recognising that the players haven't featured for  negative reasons. That apart a very detailed and enthusiastic account.
  • My gut feeling is we will stay up but that we will also lose on Saturday. Our problem has been this season that we are too easily beaten by lesser teams, but Bolton are clearly a better team. 
    Saturday a free hit we never beat Bolton home or away .. thing last time we won there think Derek Pringle may have scored .. last year we had the goal scored to make it 1-1 with the blokes arm .. ….. already got us down for Bolton 3 Charlton ?
    Whose Derek Pringle? Last time we won there was with 10 men and JFC scored a good goal (i think) 
  • My gut feeling is we will stay up but that we will also lose on Saturday. Our problem has been this season that we are too easily beaten by lesser teams, but Bolton are clearly a better team. 
    Saturday a free hit we never beat Bolton home or away .. thing last time we won there think Derek Pringle may have scored .. last year we had the goal scored to make it 1-1 with the blokes arm .. ….. already got us down for Bolton 3 Charlton ?
    Ronnie being negative has got to be a positive.
  • edited February 15
  • clive said:
    My gut feeling is we will stay up but that we will also lose on Saturday. Our problem has been this season that we are too easily beaten by lesser teams, but Bolton are clearly a better team. 
    How many runs, exactly?
    Brilliant - he had a golf jumper on as well 🤪
  • clive said:
    My gut feeling is we will stay up but that we will also lose on Saturday. Our problem has been this season that we are too easily beaten by lesser teams, but Bolton are clearly a better team. 
    How many runs, exactly?
    30 ... and 2-47 with the ball.
    Whose Derek Pringle? Last time we won there was with 10 men and JFC scored a good goal (i think) 
    Great in the outfield.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derek_Pringle
  • Interesting to get a different point of view
    https://staceywest.net/2024/02/14/alls-square-in-love-and-war-charlton-athletic-1-1-imps/2/

I listened to their pre-game pod as well and enjoy that as well. They are very generous in a lot of their comments about us. 
    There is abit of the " we're a small club fighting the odds" mentality, "oooh look at their bench" not recognising that the players haven't featured for  negative reasons. That apart a very detailed and enthusiastic account.

Really interesting... and a lot of love for Tayo Edun

"That squad of theirs should never be in the bottom five in League One, never. Imagine bringing Tayo Edun on with fifteen minutes to go (including injury time) at this level. He was a key player in arguably the best Lincoln City team for a generation. If Nathan Jones doesn’t keep them up, I’ll be utterly gobsmacked."
  • Valley11 said:
    Best I’ve seen of Anderson. Really battled and put his head and foot in.

Also really like REG. Two men at the back in him and Jones. We really need more of that. 
    Are you joking about REG?

Absolutely terrible distribution.
  • hezzla said:
    Interesting to get a different point of view

Really interesting... and a lot of love for Tayo Edun

"That squad of theirs should never be in the bottom five in League One, never. Imagine bringing Tayo Edun on with fifteen minutes to go (including injury time) at this level. He was a key player in arguably the best Lincoln City team for a generation. If Nathan Jones doesn’t keep them up, I’ll be utterly gobsmacked."
    Yes, and my Reading mates were raving about Tennai last week. Perhaps they'll bed in better as time goes on.
  • Sponsored links:

• dmccart32 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Best I’ve seen of Anderson. Really battled and put his head and foot in.

Also really like REG. Two men at the back in him and Jones. We really need more of that. 
    Are you joking about REG?

Absolutely terrible distribution.
    Another player who needs a bit of time to bed having not played much football recently?
  • He must be up there with Sir Laurence Olivier in Appleton's book 
  • Appleton Cam must have been like Waiting for Godot 
  • You do realize we have gained only 6 points from are last 14 matches. 
    Glad you are feeling confident @cullumcafc.
    I am glad he is too!! I am in the same boat as him
    Yep, to go from no wins in 14 we're now going to be unbeaten in 14.
  • clive said:
    How many runs, exactly?
    He bowled a penalty in.