Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

POST-MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic vs Lincoln City: Tuesday 13th February 2024 | KO 19:45

Comments

• The difference Chuks presence makes, both in galvanising his team mates and frightening the opposition was so stark.
    We are weak and flaccid without him.
    Whether we stay up or not may rest his fitness and availability in the run in.
    On a side note, I found myself really irked by Ladapo's reaction to his brilliant goal.
    His team mates were thrilled for him, the crowd were delighted - what is your fcuking problem?
    Engage the crowd and they will cheer you through brick walls.
    Really, if you don't want to be here, just fcuk off
    Having watched the highlights I also don’t understand Ladapo,s reaction. Don’t know if a remark came from crowd but that’s not normal.
    Your on loan we are paying you don’t like go back home to Ipswich. Easy.
    I wasn’t irked by his reaction but I was really surprised by it. He’d just scored an equaliser off the bench, hadn’t been doing great since joining, I’d expected him to really celebrate. All he could do was look moody. Odd I thought and from where I sat in line with the eighteen yard box in the East I hadn’t heard any abuse aimed in his direction.
  • You do realize we have gained only 6 points from are last 14 matches. 
    Glad you are feeling confident @cullumcafc.
    I am glad he is too!! I am in the same boat as him
    Hope you can swim.
  • You do realize we have gained only 6 points from are last 14 matches. 
    Glad you are feeling confident @cullumcafc.
    I am glad he is too!! I am in the same boat as him
    That’s the boat that has been set adrift.

I will call the RNLI for you .
  • We must be living in an alternate universe....

Apparently we played Port Vale on Tuesday night and it's not just the headline that's wrong 
  • Proved a point that some of us bring saying for a while .. if we had not lost Camara , Leaburn , Aneke we would be talking about top 6 we seen it already in the last two games massive diff they make … hopefully they get fit as quick as possible and with Hector due back it’s looking good .. 
  • Proved a point that some of us bring saying for a while .. if we had not lost Camara , Leaburn , Aneke we would be talking about top 6 we seen it already in the last two games massive diff they make … hopefully they get fit as quick as possible and with Hector due back it’s looking good .. 
    Our league position is looking anything but good even with players returning. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Saying we’re down and a point wasn’t enough tonight when there’s still 14 games left is quite the position to take.

Based off the way the team dug deep and almost found a winner at the end, we’ll get enough points between now and May to be quite comfortable.

And I haven’t felt this confident about that in a little while.

It's not really 14 games though, it’s 17, as our closest rivals for relegation have 3 extra games over us now. We only have to look back to the Riga season in the championship when he took over for the first time to see how massive that can be, we stayed up thanks to smart game management of our games in hand.
    This isn’t a situation where there’s a couple of weeks left of the season and our fate is out of our hands.

If we win enough games through the crucial months of March and April we will be fine, regardless of how many games in hand Port Vale have on us. Because those wins will put us above other teams as well as them.

18 points from 14 required to get to 50. Should be more than doable for this group.
    That is doable, but if we lose the next 3 that becomes 18 from 11, and the pressure starts to ramp up each game. 

Again that is doable with our fixtures, but we would likely be in the bottom 4 in a couple weeks time, and my big question is do these players have the bottle/character to dig in and scrap their way out of that situation? Jones has a much better chance of getting it out of them than Appleton did but I’m still quite worried 
  • edited February 15
    Proved a point that some of us bring saying for a while .. if we had not lost Camara , Leaburn , Aneke we would be talking about top 6 we seen it already in the last two games massive diff they make … hopefully they get fit as quick as possible and with Hector due back it’s looking good .. 
    Steady the buffs Ronnie! Some big ifs in there, and it's not as though their susceptibility to injury wasn't known about, so to build your hopes around them is unwise to say the least.

On saturday we travel to a well drilled side who've built back steadily since finding themselves in L2 having persevered with a manager.

We've used more players than I don't know what, play like a bunch of strangers, are very low on confidence, and it's hard to tell who'll be in the dug out for more than a few weeks at a time. I know what I'm expecting, and it isn't 'looking good' as you say, although I hope I'm wrong obviously.
  • Felt like the thirsty man lost in the desert stumbling upon an oasis, on Tuesday night, in the last 30 minutes. 
    I genuinely think it would only take a couple of (unexpectedly) good results to get the crowd right back on side, which would really help in a relegation battle. 
  • ButtleJR said:
    For those without X/Twitter

Ross Joyce will referee Saturday's Sky Bet League One fixture between Bolton and Charlton Athletic at the Toughsheet Community Stadium. Joyce has dismissed a Wanderers player in each of the last three games he has officiated.
  • edited February 15
    CafcWest said:
    ButtleJR said:

Ross Joyce will referee Saturday's Sky Bet League One fixture between Bolton and Charlton Athletic at the Toughsheet Community Stadium. Joyce has dismissed a Wanderers player in each of the last three games he has officiated.
    Bolton did not lose in those 3 games 
  • CafcWest said:
    ButtleJR said:

If anything that’ll make a red card for a Bolton player less likely to happen maybe. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    CafcWest said:
    ButtleJR said:

If anything that’ll make a red card for a Bolton player less likely to happen maybe. 
    Doubt it means anything at all to be honest.  
    But you miss the point that the squad had no replacements for a nineteen year old and a player who has not completed more than ten starts in two years, and please don't say he did at Birmingham, as a good proportion of his games there were from the bench. Andy Scott knew all about Chuks and Miles as he was here in January. If you asked anyone on this forum what would have been their priority signing then it would have been a player capable of holding the ball up and complimenting Alfie May, and before you suggest Tedic, you are probably a better player than he is. 
  • Sponsored links:

• My gut feeling is we will stay up but that we will also lose on Saturday. Our problem has been this season that we are too easily beaten by lesser teams, but Bolton are clearly a better team. 
  • My gut feeling is we will stay up but that we will also lose on Saturday. Our problem has been this season that we are too easily beaten by lesser teams, but Bolton are clearly a better team. 
    We're not skilful enough to mix it with the best, not tough enough to take on the rest. Interested to see NJ tactics for Sat....more hoofball? Needs must
  • se9addick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    CafcWest said:
    ButtleJR said:

Doubt it means anything at all to be honest.  
    You think if there’s a marginal red card decision it won’t be weighing on his mind, especially at the famous Toughsheet Community Stadium? I don’t have much faith in L1 refs if I’m honest. 

Little known fact: ‘Bolton have spent 73 seasons in the top-flight without winning the title; more than any other club.’  Ha!
  • Good news about Santos.
  • I understand the frustration of fans and my Tourette’s does kick in with some of the complete fuckedupness of our play , I mean seriously how many long high punts did they want to do to Alfie May , he’s 5ft 6 not the proclaimed 5ft 9 he’s not gonna win these balls so why keep doing it .
    so the odd shout of frustration is understandable but booooing this lot won’t gain anything , the days of Mark Aizlewood giving us the V and then turning in to a top player are long gone , half this mob will break down crying and go further in to the shell their already playing from .

• JamesSeed said:
    My gut feeling is we will stay up but that we will also lose on Saturday. Our problem has been this season that we are too easily beaten by lesser teams, but Bolton are clearly a better team. 
    Best side we’ve seen at the Valley this season (with the possible exception of Cray Valley Paper Mills).

But Ricardo Santos was utterly dominant, as he has been before against us. And he’s out injured. 
    In their last game they had a narrow home win against Wycombe, so I wouldn’t give up all hope just yet. 
    Santos is probably one of, if not the only, defender in the league who might be able to handle the threat of Aneke 
    Saturday a free hit we never beat Bolton home or away .. thing last time we won there think Derek Pringle may have scored .. last year we had the goal scored to make it 1-1 with the blokes arm .. ….. already got us down for Bolton 3 Charlton ?