Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

League One Relegation Watch 2024

Comments

• Obviously March the month. Six games, four away.
  • Obviously the extra 2 point deduction for Reading could end up doing us a favour but in reality we shouldn’t be relying on points deductions to stay up in league one , I just want us to win 3 or 4 games on the bounce and pull away from this nonsense which we should be more than capable of with the manager and players we have got :)
  • fenaddick said:
    Some interesting fixtures tonight. Port Vale v Fleetwood jumps out, personally hoping for a draw in that one. Burton v Carlisle could also make a difference, Carlisle are doomed but surely they can't lose every game. Lincoln v Shrewsbury could provide a hand Lincoln win for us and Wycombe v Cheltenham could be tight. Maybe Chem Campbell can do us a favour.

Thoroughly depressing to be writing that out but it feels like the potential to be an important night in the battle
    Well they're at the Valley in 11 days time.........
    That's what I like to hear. Nice positivity.
  • fenaddick said:
    Some interesting fixtures tonight. Port Vale v Fleetwood jumps out, personally hoping for a draw in that one. Burton v Carlisle could also make a difference, Carlisle are doomed but surely they can't lose every game. Lincoln v Shrewsbury could provide a hand Lincoln win for us and Wycombe v Cheltenham could be tight. Maybe Chem Campbell can do us a favour.

Thoroughly depressing to be writing that out but it feels like the potential to be an important night in the battle
    Hahaha I should do this every matchday
  • Sponsored links:

• Four more wins and we should be safe. 
  • Thought we needed to get these 3 games out the way and then hope to start picking up results.

5 points from the top 3 is great.
    The season starts here.

Five points from the past three games is a great return.

We now need to negotiate a very difficult March.
  • se9addick said:
    Thought we needed to get these 3 games out the way and then hope to start picking up results.

The season starts here.

Very difficult? We’re playing a mixture of mid table teams and teams who have somehow
    managed to find themselves below us despite this being our first win since 1962. The very difficult run is over, now we need to go and do the business against the strugglers. 
    I hope you're right.
  • se9addick said:
    Thought we needed to get these 3 games out the way and then hope to start picking up results.

The season starts here.

Very difficult? We’re playing a mixture of mid table teams and teams who have somehow
    managed to find themselves below us despite this being our first win since 1962. The very difficult run is over, now we need to go and do the business against the strugglers. 
    I hope you're right.
    Don't worry, everything is fine now!
  • Thought we needed to get these 3 games out the way and then hope to start picking up results.

The season starts here.

What drugs you on , out in Brazil?
  • Sponsored links:

• Just watched the Wycombe highlights.
    Cheltenham look f******g dire!
  • clb74 said:

The season starts here.

What drugs you on , out in Brazil?
    Drug free zone out here mate.
  • One swallow does not make a summer etc etc but I’ve been cautiously optimistic with the performances post Reading and I can see no reason why we can’t put a decent run together, win say three or four on the bounce and looking at the table a top half finish shouldn’t be beyond us.
  • edited February 28
    Personally, I can’t see how anybody can look at that league table and think anything other than we are in deep shit.

Until we prove we can win multiple games, never mind just one, it looks grim.
    The only table that matters is the one that has 46 games played.

We will win games playing the way we have the last two Saturdays.
    You need to have a day off, dear me.

16 games without a win.  Jones(although not without blame) 4 games without a win.  6 games without a win after Appleton.

The rose tinted brigade give my a*** a headache.

Things are desperate, another game today nearer relegation.
    I don’t think my opinion is the minority one. If you think I’m being rose tinted I’ve got nothing to really say. 

If you try hard enough you might find something positive to say about the last two games of football we’ve played.

Simple question. Based on what we have seen over the last few games, when are we next going to win, and why?

No gut feel. Data and facts.
    Bolton have the 2nd best home record in the league, they couldn’t beat us.

Portsmouth have the best away record in the league, they couldn’t beat us.

After Derby we have:

Northampton are 10th in the home table, Cheltenham are 20th in the home table, Carlisle are 24th in the away table and Fleetwood are 24th in the home table. Wigan are 10th in the away table, Exeter are 21st in the home table.

I back us to win three of those six games, if we play at the level that’s got us two draws against Pompey and Bolton.

Winning 3 in 6 when not won a game in 16.

Cheltenham didn’t SCORE in about 16 games to start the season, let alone win.

Look at them now. Them winning 3 in their last 4 was surely impossible by your logic.

Bad runs don’t last, especially when you change the manager.

We’ve seen a change in performances and effort, keep it up and it’s only logical that results will follow.
    Well would you look at that??? Even beyond my expectations, we win at Derby. 👍👍
  • Oh baby that league table looks a lot better this morning.

Our goal difference is effectively an extra point over the bottom 4 as well.
    It means that Cheltenham or Port Vale have to win both their games in hand to get above us.
  • What are the odds now?
  • I expect the mentality of NJ, especially now the lack of a win has been put to rest, is to look to overall as many teams above us as possible.
  • edited February 28
    the belief that all these teams down the bottom are going to go on little streaks is ridic. 

look at what a hash we made of it whilst trying to stay in the champ admittedly we did not have our best player playing after refusing to play. 

very much in our hands, 3 wins will likely do it i would say the carlisle at home game you would say is a must win, we are playing a lot of other teams aswell whos season is over. 
  • se9addick said:

The season starts here.

Arguably that is what makes it more difficult. Jones has done a great job of changing the mentality but it's possible that raising your game against the best sides isn't the same as keeping that level against "bad" ones.

Plus there's the chance of them seeing us as targets as we are still within reach and putting in an extra level of effort against us.

I fully trust Jones to keep the good momentum going but thinking it will be easy or a given thing is highly premature - as he will no doubt be saying to the players.