Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

League One Relegation Watch 2024

Comments

• Fortunately I have been proved very wrong so far about Moore at Port Vale :smile:

As a result I see it that we now have one team from six for the fourth relegation spot.

We're on an upward curve and things are looking promising that Methven, Rodwell and Scott will not be responsible for a relegation.

Get these idiots out of the club in the summer and crack on for a promotion next season.
    Those idiots have now brought in Nathan Jones and Paul Hart.
    Was it the idiots or the owners that brought them in?
  • edited March 3
    redbuttle said:
    Fortunately I have been proved very wrong so far about Moore at Port Vale :smile:

As a result I see it that we now have one team from six for the fourth relegation spot.

We're on an upward curve and things are looking promising that Methven, Rodwell and Scott will not be responsible for a relegation.

Get these idiots out of the club in the summer and crack on for a promotion next season.
    I doubt that the Americans would have even heard of Nathan Jones, although I don't doubt that they had some say/the final say on the decision.
  • redbuttle said:
    Fortunately I have been proved very wrong so far about Moore at Port Vale :smile:

I doubt that the Americans would have even heard of Nathan Jones, although I don't doubt that they had some say/the final say on the decision.
    Fair comment. I just dont want Andy Scott credited with doing anything good. Lol
  • The key now is to survive in this dreadful league but there must be changes on the SMT front...

They can't be allowed to get a free pass just because Nathan might work his magic. This potential scenario worries me more and that no lessons will be learned whatever league we end up in. 

Our recruitment or lack of it has been our downfall and only at the 25th hour do the Owners I presume decide to spend some money on a decent Manager. We'll know soon enough if it was too late but Nathan has done well to get a tune out of some players who let's be honest have been passengers bar a few players. 
    But to look at it another way, maybe the players we signed are not as bad as we initially thought? Under Appleton pretty much every signing was deemed to be a pile of shit by most of this forum.

And of course whilst it's obvious that most of the loan signings haven't worked (Fiorini, Bakinson, Ladapo and Camara) under Jones a lot of the permanent signings now look to actually be decent players. REG, Gillesphey, Small, Coventry all look to be solid and there's hope for next season. Ramsay also showed some promise as well before his injury.

Obviously we need to strengthen key areas in the summer, but this squad is nowhere near as bad as we showed under previous managers.
  • The key now is to survive in this dreadful league but there must be changes on the SMT front...

They can't be allowed to get a free pass just because Nathan might work his magic. This potential scenario worries me more and that no lessons will be learned whatever league we end up in. 

Our recruitment or lack of it has been our downfall and only at the 25th hour do the Owners I presume decide to spend some money on a decent Manager. We'll know soon enough if it was too late but Nathan has done well to get a tune out of some players who let's be honest have been passengers bar a few players. 
    But to look at it another way, maybe the players we signed are not as bad as we initially thought? Under Appleton pretty much every signing was deemed to be a pile of shit by most of this forum.

And of course whilst it's obvious that most of the loan signings haven't worked (Fiorini, Bakinson, Ladapo and Camara) under Jones a lot of the permanent signings now look to actually be decent players. REG, Gillesphey, Small, Coventry all look to be solid and there's hope for next season. Ramsay also showed some promise as well before his injury.

Obviously we need to strengthen key areas in the summer, but this squad is nowhere near as bad as we showed under previous managers.
    The main issue is how unbalanced the squad is. 
  • edited March 4
    We really should have kept CBT, we have no one who can beat a player which hinders our attacking ability. Hopefully if we stay up Jones will get given the budget to overhaul this squad 
  • Garry Monk named Cambridge manager interesting appointment 

You named the same number that are 'decent' as 'bad'. Along with the loan signings we've already sent back, Scott still has a pretty terrible percentage for signings. 

Our best players since Jones took over are players that are here despite Scott, not thanks to him. 
  • We really should have kept CBT, we have no one who can beat a player which hinders our attacking ability. Hopefully if we stay up Jones will get given the budget to overhaul this squad 
    I think it's easier said than done when considering (allegedly) that the player forced the move
  • Sponsored links:

• Up to 14th. Seven points from the last possible nine (would've been 9 from 9 but for a bizarre moment on Saturday).

What relegation?
  • Cheltenham Carlisle and Fleetwood all coming up in a row. We could be safe by Easter! 
    My prediction of being safe by Easter is looking good  B)
  •  So Cheltenham weren’t world beaters after all well I’m blowed 😅.
  • edited March 6
    Follow it up with a win against Carlisle and we should almost be there. Really hoped we would be safe before the Cambridge/Shrewbury matches as don’t want to sit through the nervy types of the game.
  • 2 more wins & 2 draws and we are safe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Win the next couple and I will support Cheltenham for the run in.  Have not made it to their ground yet and would love to see us relegate Bonne and Taylor!
  • edited March 5
    Personally, I can’t see how anybody can look at that league table and think anything other than we are in deep shit.

Until we prove we can win multiple games, never mind just one, it looks grim.
    The only table that matters is the one that has 46 games played.

We will win games playing the way we have the last two Saturdays.
    You need to have a day off, dear me.

16 games without a win.  Jones(although not without blame) 4 games without a win.  6 games without a win after Appleton.

The rose tinted brigade give my a*** a headache.

Things are desperate, another game today nearer relegation.
    I don’t think my opinion is the minority one. If you think I’m being rose tinted I’ve got nothing to really say. 

If you try hard enough you might find something positive to say about the last two games of football we’ve played.

Simple question. Based on what we have seen over the last few games, when are we next going to win, and why?

No gut feel. Data and facts.
    Bolton have the 2nd best home record in the league, they couldn’t beat us.

Portsmouth have the best away record in the league, they couldn’t beat us.

After Derby we have:

Northampton are 10th in the home table, Cheltenham are 20th in the home table, Carlisle are 24th in the away table and Fleetwood are 24th in the home table. Wigan are 10th in the away table, Exeter are 21st in the home table.

I back us to win three of those six games, if we play at the level that’s got us two draws against Pompey and Bolton.

Winning 3 in 6 when not won a game in 16.

2 wins in 3 with Carlisle at home on Saturday...
    EYou called it well.
  • The table looks much better but we ain't out of the woods quite yet. 
  • We can't get complacent or think we are already safe but got to be a big step closer to safety.
  • R 7%
    A chance of another couple of mouth watering derby fixtures against the O’s awaits   93% 
  • When we beat Exeter we will be safe & it will indeed be a Good Friday. 
  • 5 point gap to the bottom 4 now. Those 4 to go down?