Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

League One Relegation Watch 2024

Comments

Charlton Athletic
    381014145657-144
    Wycombe Wanderers
    361111144749-244
    Exeter City
    37118182952-2341
    Shrewsbury Town
    37125202852-2441
    Reading
    37129165055-539
    Cambridge United
    36109173245-1339
    Burton Albion
    36109173047-1739

Cheltenham Town

Fleetwood Town
    37711194060-2032
    Port Vale
    3588193559-2432
    Carlisle United
    3658233163-3223

Looks like the relegation battle is in danger of turning into a damp squib. 5 points now between 21st and 20th. 
  • Some still have games in hand, but seeing as their not winning, it may not matter
  • edited March 10
    We are safe. We are 14th , effectively 11 points clear given our goal difference. Seven teams will not get past us now. The bottom four are truly shocking.  We will get a few more wins. 
  • edited March 9
    aliwibble said:
    Leuth said:
    Okay NOW close it 

Nah, even though we're starting to move up the table, we ain't entirely safe yet, and even once we are it's League One relegation watch not Charlton relegation watch.
    Well I’m blowed, I did wonder at times 😉
  • Personally, I can’t see how anybody can look at that league table and think anything other than we are in deep shit.

Until we prove we can win multiple games, never mind just one, it looks grim.
    The only table that matters is the one that has 46 games played.

We will win games playing the way we have the last two Saturdays.
    You need to have a day off, dear me.

16 games without a win.  Jones(although not without blame) 4 games without a win.  6 games without a win after Appleton.

The rose tinted brigade give my a*** a headache.

Things are desperate, another game today nearer relegation.
    I don’t think my opinion is the minority one. If you think I’m being rose tinted I’ve got nothing to really say. 

If you try hard enough you might find something positive to say about the last two games of football we’ve played.

Simple question. Based on what we have seen over the last few games, when are we next going to win, and why?

No gut feel. Data and facts.
    Bolton have the 2nd best home record in the league, they couldn’t beat us.

Portsmouth have the best away record in the league, they couldn’t beat us.

After Derby we have:

Northampton are 10th in the home table, Cheltenham are 20th in the home table, Carlisle are 24th in the away table and Fleetwood are 24th in the home table. Wigan are 10th in the away table, Exeter are 21st in the home table.

I back us to win three of those six games, if we play at the level that’s got us two draws against Pompey and Bolton.

Winning 3 in 6 when not won a game in 16.

2 wins in 3 with Carlisle at home on Saturday...
    We will now inevitably find a way to fuck that game up
    Tried didn’t they? Charlton will never not be Charlton.
  • Lots of games tonight, 10 in total and 1 more tomorrow night. It'll be interesting to see where we are in the league after they've taken place. All the teams below us are playing with the exception of Cheltenham. Let's hope the important results go our way!
  • Lots of games tonight, 10 in total and 1 more tomorrow night. It'll be interesting to see where we are in the league after they've taken place. All the teams below us are playing with the exception of Cheltenham. Let's hope the important results go our way!
    Give it up man, it's over 
  • I think we can only drop behind Wycombe, Red.
    Given the very poor goal difference of the two beneath them.
  • Leuth said:
    Lots of games tonight, 10 in total and 1 more tomorrow night. It'll be interesting to see where we are in the league after they've taken place. All the teams below us are playing with the exception of Cheltenham. Let's hope the important results go our way!
    Give it up man, it's over 
    This is Charlton....chickens and hatched spring to mind! 
    Although I do agree it would take something catastrophic to happen for it to go 'Tits up' it is still mathematically possible.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cambridge already a goal down to Lincoln. Lincoln on a great run right now. Not sure anyone is going to be looking forward to facing them if they make the playoffs. 
  • Cambridge already a goal down to Lincoln. Lincoln on a great run right now. Not sure anyone is going to be looking forward to facing them if they make the playoffs. 
    Left it a bit late unfortunately I think. McGranny should have come back earlier!
  • Carlisle 1-0 up over Barnsley, just the 16 point gap to make up...
  • Wycombe 1-0 Wigan
  • Wycombe 1 up against Wigan. Moving ahead of us at the moment.
  • Lincoln 2 Cambridge 0

Has Bonne served his ban now ?  Is Taylor playing ?  Surely those 2 can save them. 
  • Lincoln 2 Cambridge 0

Has Bonne served his ban now ?  Is Taylor playing ?  Surely those 2 can save them. 
    Taylor starting today with Kachunga. Bonne on the bench.
  • Carlisle1-1 Barnsley
  • Sponsored links:

• Surprised Darren Moore took the Port Vale job, was always going to be difficult to turn around, he's gone from a famous play off come back last season to a Championship job abd now looking like L2 next season 
  • edited March 12
    Shrewsbury 0-2 Exeter
  • Lincoln 2 Cambridge 0

Hackett-Fairchild (but no injured McGrandles) versus Taylor, Morrison and Cousins (with Bonne and Kaikai on the bench)
  • Portsmouth 1-0 Burton
  • I dont know if it's our recent wins or the fact the bottom 6 cant string a run of results between them but I'm feeling rather confident atm.

Not like me to say it but we arent going down this season. 
    Amen to that golfie...🍺🍺
  • Exeter 3 up at Shrewsbury and they're down to 10 men.
  • A wigan equaliser would be nice but otherwise HT results are good for us.
  • Prior to the kick off we were 80/1 to go down with the bookies so that's little more than a 1% chance of being relegated. That is the reality. 
  • Carlisle 1-2 Barnsley